PDA

View Full Version : Ocarina Of Time 2D creator has died.

zidanerick
March 24th, 2007, 08:10
I'm here to inform everyone of a terrible loss.

Yesterday, around 4:00pm, I received a phone call telling me that Richard (Dampe) has been in a fatal car accident.

I'm not feeling up to explaining detail of the accident, and how it happened, I'm just here to notify everyone since his family would be devastated, and his brother probably wouldn't want to explain the loss to a bunch of guys on the net.

Maybe if you wanted to show respect, and make him proud, leave a R.I.P Dampe or something in your sigs/msn/aim/whatever.
Just an idea.

Sorry everyone.

Offical Forum Thread. (http://z14.invisionfree.com/Ocarina_Of_Time_2D/index.php?showtopic=1156)

His site has been taked down by request from his family.

Malksta
March 24th, 2007, 12:55
Shit, so sudden his life gets taken away =(

Hope his family is ok.

R.I.P. - Richard Denton

JKKDARK
March 24th, 2007, 12:56
That's very sad :(

lolmasta
March 24th, 2007, 13:26
Indeed it is :(

dejkirkby
March 24th, 2007, 13:58
RIP Dampe

latoshi
March 24th, 2007, 14:07
horblie loss may he rest in piece and may he be in heaven. he will not be forgoton among gamers so i pay my respects to him and i hope hih family is ok so i say we will all miss him. also one more thing i hope everyone will hope he goes to heaven pray for him everyone

Auriman1
March 24th, 2007, 14:08
Ah man :(

Demolition49
March 24th, 2007, 14:10
it odd how deaths of some are more noticed and remembered, but in the end we are all forgotten.

R.I.P.

Sonicboy 101
March 24th, 2007, 14:10
This is a really sad day.:(
May he rest in peace.

Harshboy
March 24th, 2007, 14:37
Wow, that sucks. That could have been a great game. It's always a bad day when someone dies. Rest in Peace dude!

Kinda scary seeing as I just started Majora's Mask 2D like a few days ago...

sroon
March 24th, 2007, 14:45
oh dear lord:(
i hope his family is ok..
i have soo much respect for Richard!!!
hez going right in my nic!! its very sad im heart broken:(
hats off to you sir:)

( O ) ( O )

factor remix
March 24th, 2007, 14:45
ohhh shit, man 1 man of my class has died today too, I feel so sorry...

R.I.P. - Both of You

IM back!
March 24th, 2007, 14:46
R.I.P Dampe

I hope his famly is o.k

a very sad day indeed. :(

ExcruciationX
March 24th, 2007, 15:22
:(

R.I.P Dampe.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
March 24th, 2007, 15:32
RIP.....terrible loss...

SnoopKatt
March 24th, 2007, 15:58
RIP, sad to hear :(

Torak
March 24th, 2007, 16:15
Raise your glasses boy's thats a damn shame...

kcajblue
March 24th, 2007, 16:53
im sorry to say ive never heard of that guys name.
but its always sad whenever someone dies, so ill give my respects.

RIP

knownX
March 24th, 2007, 16:57
this is a great loss hope the family is ok

Regards

Napalm-Death
March 24th, 2007, 17:18
Rest in peace.

Basil Zero
March 24th, 2007, 17:19
R.I.P. Dampe

wolfpack
March 24th, 2007, 17:23
R.I.P. Dampe

I know what the loss of a loved one feels like, it sucks...

Mark30001
March 24th, 2007, 17:49
R.I.P. Richard (Dampe) Denton

DarthPaul
March 24th, 2007, 17:51
Dude. Dampe..That's a little sad to hear. But it makes me feel happy on another way. It makes me feel happy because now you're on a better place. A better place than we are. :) Rest In Peace.

Mr. Shizzy
March 24th, 2007, 18:53
Sorry to hear of this. :(
R.I.P. to our brother Dampe.
May GOD help his family through this difficult time.

tsimehC
March 24th, 2007, 19:08
NOOB. I hope you actually do die. Oh wait you will one day. Lying about your death isn't a good thing you ***.

jools
March 24th, 2007, 19:38
rest in peace dude

Eric
March 24th, 2007, 19:47
I would like to send my condolences to the family and may you Rest In Peace. I just payed for a DS-Xtreme so i'm just getting into the homebrew scene for the system. Its to bad we couldnt see the finalization of this great homebrew game from a great coder. I do remember seeing some great screens of the game and it looks like his work was quite good. God gave the man a great gift that we can look at and remember him.

Eric

Destroyer699
March 24th, 2007, 19:54
Goodbye.:(

Anger
March 24th, 2007, 20:06
tho i didnt know the guy its always a sad thing when someone dies. so condolences to his family and R.I.P. richard.

Alucardmoon
March 24th, 2007, 20:20
damn why couldnt it be bill gates instead R.I.P dampe

Spitfire128
March 24th, 2007, 20:51
I didn't know him or his project, but I feel really bad for him and his family and friends now :( Rest in peace, Dampe/Richard.

Oh, and Alucardmoon, I guess you don't like Microsoft, fanboy or something. But just because someone is in charge of a company you don't like/hate, he doesn't deserve to die, does he? And so didn't Dampe...

ficksucker
March 24th, 2007, 22:50
I never knew him directly, but I feel almost like I did.

I hope that all those affected can find the strength to move on while also respecting Richard's memmory. Sometimes life is tough, but I know Richard has affected a lot of lives for the better during his time here so in that sense he lives on.

brazrevolts
March 24th, 2007, 22:55
Very sad I hope family, friends can gather the strength to get though this and may he always be remembered.

Its also sad that I've posted three times I think and two have been deaths. But on the bright side what a great scene. The people here seem to genuinely care about the others on the forum so bravo to everyone else here. R.I.P. Richard a.k.a. Dampe.

shadowprophet
March 24th, 2007, 22:57
I never know what to say in times like this.

So i'll say this.

I look at death differently then most people.

I truly believe that from a scientific and spiritual stand point that life never ends.

Science will tell one that energy can never be destroyed, Only converted from one from to another. Spiritual beliefs tell one that once life as we know it ends, one moves from one life into another.

At any rate. Death from a scientific and spiritual stand point both leave us with the possibility that it really isn't and end. But a new beginning.

So to Dampe, Im only left to say, We will all meet you again some day.
Until then peace out brother.

shango46
March 24th, 2007, 23:21
I am very sad to hear this. My heart goes out to the family and to all in mourning in this dark time. RIP Dampe. You will be missed.

Cloud_35
March 24th, 2007, 23:30
Haven't you noticed that people near the PSP homebrew scene die very young??

Never heard the name anyway. I didn't even new of this "killer app" (:D) Ocarina of time 2d. Could be intresting, it's a shame the guy died. I'm atheistic but..... RIP anyway.

EDIT:

damn why couldnt it be bill gates instead

He's a vampire :rofl:

Cloudhunter
March 24th, 2007, 23:39

So i'll say this.

I truly believe that from a scientific and spiritual stand point that life never ends.

Science will tell one that energy can never be destroyed, Only converted from one from to another. Spiritual beliefs tell one that once life as we know it ends, one moves from one life into another.

At any rate. Death from a scientific and spiritual stand point both leave us with the possibility that it really isn't and end. But a new beginning.

Amen to that.

EVILMARIO23
March 24th, 2007, 23:41

hodgy47
March 25th, 2007, 00:11
Such a short time on earth, But so much given, May his memory live on.
Deepest sympathy to his family and all who knew him.

Veskgar
March 25th, 2007, 09:08

So i'll say this.

That is a very interesting way to look at things. Nice post.

My condolences go out to friends & family of this great contributor to video game history.

ficksucker
March 25th, 2007, 10:29
I don't know crap about programming, I wish I did because maybe doing some work on Ocarina and dedicating it in his memmory might be something he woulda liked...

Vangar
March 25th, 2007, 12:20
Actually ficksucker, they took his site down for the reason they don't want people to do that. Not trying to be mean or anything mate.

My respects. Rip buddy.

toymin80r
March 25th, 2007, 13:24
RIP to you Dante, like the guy that use to wander in the graveyard in Ocarina, you too have moved on.

And great job on your post shadowprophet.

ryan2006
March 25th, 2007, 14:32
rest in peace i hope this is not the end and there is an afterlife for you

nilincs
March 25th, 2007, 15:15
first, the "orly?" creator, now the creator of a wonderful project. wta hell is going on :( .

R.I.P for all the exeptional minds :)

Dull Blade
March 25th, 2007, 17:52
RIP, I never really got to see much of his programming. due to my infrequent visits since october 2006 when I lost my hispeeed net connection. but I thought I should pay my respect to an established programmer.

I think this thread should be stickied some where so he may not be forgotten. open up a graveyard section in the forum, where only admins could start topics or move topics to it.

CSPERFECTGT
March 25th, 2007, 19:48
rest in peace...

cartmandude14
March 26th, 2007, 17:18
Rest In Peace

mastersho
March 26th, 2007, 19:45
Forgive me but who is Richard (Dampe)?

Mark30001
March 26th, 2007, 20:42
Forgive me but who is Richard (Dampe)?

Please read the initial post of this thread.

mastersho
March 27th, 2007, 19:36
I read it but I wanted to find out more. This is really sad..Rest In Peace Dampe....

SketchPCIS
March 29th, 2007, 05:54
This was proven a fake. Apparently people near where the crash actually happened said there were no crashes there, and the local news coverage was zero on this.

Also, he apparently got on AIM the same night he 'died' and talked to some friends about it prior.

He wanted to 'quit the project in style' so they say.

So, it's a load of crap.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showpost.php?p=1915492&postcount=10

mastersho
March 29th, 2007, 18:38
This was proven a fake. Apparently people near where the crash actually happened said there were no crashes there, and the local news coverage was zero on this.

Also, he apparently got on AIM the same night he 'died' and talked to some friends about it prior.

He wanted to 'quit the project in style' so they say.

So, it's a load of crap.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showpost.php?p=1915492&postcount=10

Is that REALLY true!? If it is then why hasn't wraggster poted about it yet?

Dull Blade
March 31st, 2007, 02:24
I hope this isnt a scam. Although I could see that he would have reason, and once u accept donations, its hard to go back

Anger
March 31st, 2007, 14:06
i hope for his sake this isnt a scam but it is seriously looking that way.

JKKDARK
March 31st, 2007, 14:12
I wouldn't be surprised

toymin80r
April 1st, 2007, 03:12
http://squidnews.com/2007/04/01/dampes-not-dead-ocarina-of-time-2d-creator-fakes-his-death/

Man, someone beat me to it, although im still left a little confused.

tsimehC
April 2nd, 2007, 13:23
I lost all respect for this n00b. I hope he really does die the way he lied about his death. ***.