Here is the updated Hexaxis XXI V017.

Download Here:
http://www.darksoft.net/HexaxisXXIupdate5.zip

1. Changed background
2. Added Preview Line
3. Added HUD Score
4. Added Multiplier HUD
5. Cleaned up a "Game Over" bug
6. Fixed a weird texture disappearing bug.
7. Played with Blending a little more and got the Wipe line to look correct as well as the score.

Controls:
------------------------
Left Right & Down: Move the dice
Up: Move the Dice down fast!
Circle,Square,Triangle, Cross: Rotate the Grid
L & R: Zoom In and Out
Select: Exit Game
Start: Show/Hide Preview Line <--New

Screenshots:
http://www.darksoft.net/hexpsp023.jpg

http://www.darksoft.net/hexpsp024.jpg

http://www.darksoft.net/hexpsp025.jpg

Bobtentpeg
March 25th, 2007, 01:03
Dude this game is awesome

get sooo hard though

this is the next GREAT hb game

and i voted for u in the NEO FLASH competition

gunntims0103
March 25th, 2007, 03:21
thanks for an update. You are a great coder to whip something of this caliber up. Any ideas on what your next project will be, as i am much looking forward to it.

DarthPaul
March 25th, 2007, 03:43
Oh God Thanks. This is the kind of coders I like. The coders that care about the scene. He just keep making updates even if the competition's over.I never expected that..Thanks :)

ab88
March 25th, 2007, 09:17
I'm enjoying it :) At first I though it was very hard but it gets easier as you play.

darksoft
March 25th, 2007, 16:20
Yeah, if you download the pc demo version (its actually unrestricted 100% for 21 plays or something) it has a training mode that teaches the techniques I've come up with for manipulating the dice. I can pretty much roll and drop like a mofo right now.

Tim

gunntims0103
March 25th, 2007, 16:47
darksoft, any ideas on what projects you'll take on after this? There are quite a few games homebrew fans still want to see on the psp. I look forward to any future work. need help with ideas and such just give me a shout out ;)

darksoft
March 25th, 2007, 17:10
Hey gunntims,

Well, since this is my first PSP game and it went so well, I was thinking of doing another unique puzzle game (puzzle games are my fav and honestly probably the easiest to write as one person) What games are the homebrew fans wishing were on the psp?

I'll be honest though, I intend on finishing Hexaxis before I start another project. Its far from finished. I want it to be the most polished piece of homebrew game from scratch. I also want it to much more resemble my PC game counterpart (I'm real proud of her dammit!)

Thanks for the great feedback!

gunntims0103
March 25th, 2007, 17:51
Hey gunntims,

Well, since this is my first PSP game and it went so well, I was thinking of doing another unique puzzle game (puzzle games are my fav and honestly probably the easiest to write as one person) What games are the homebrew fans wishing were on the psp?

I'll be honest though, I intend on finishing Hexaxis before I start another project. Its far from finished. I want it to be the most polished piece of homebrew game from scratch. I also want it to much more resemble my PC game counterpart (I'm real proud of her dammit!)

Thanks for the great feedback!

firstly, thanks for the feedback :)
I do agree with you on getting a project finished. i myself bumped around from project to project and never got anything done. I really expect great things from you after you have completed hexaxis.

As for what homebrew fans would like to see on the psp, theres alot of things like a update to smashgpsp or ports to some puzzle classics and more. Theres just to much to list. :D

darksoft
March 25th, 2007, 18:24
Well I'm already well into 0.18 and I got start to pause, fixed another gameover prob, and switched show/hide to holding L&R instead of start (that should have been pause to begin with)

I have also made it a bit faster, but I've been spending like an hour trying to pinpoint a new bug from all the speed up code that I must have just introduced.

darksoft
March 27th, 2007, 20:47
I have more than doubled the framerate. I have run into a snag though so the next release is going to be a little while. I'd like each release to really have something worth downloading compared to the last version.

BTW, I realize there is a huge bug, where the dice turns into a gray texture, and when you put it down its worth like 72 multipliers. I think I went out of bounds somewhere, but believe I've fixed it.

gunntims0103
March 27th, 2007, 21:50
good to here, i cant wait for a update:)

darksoft
March 28th, 2007, 19:07
Well after doubling the framerate, the next step in my 'very very cool' update has brought it back to even lower than the original framerate (imo way to low) so it may be a while unless you guys just want the incremental builds but I don't think that would be a good idea. Eventually I doubt people will redownload for a simple update.

I am really going to polish this game to be one of the best homebrew games on the PSP IMHO.