PDA

View Full Version : Broken PlayStation murderer gets four years

wraggster
March 24th, 2007, 23:24
via joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/24/broken-playstation-murderer-gets-four-years/)

The High Court of Edinburgh, Scotland, has sentenced Alan Stirling to four years in prison for "culpable homicide" in the murder of a man who potentially broke his "computer" or "PlayStation" depending on who's talking. The BBC headline says PlayStation, the judge says PlayStation, but the reporter calls it a computer. So we're not sure if this is one of those cases where the brand name is tossed around to mean any console, like photocopies are Xerox and tissues are Kleenex.

Anyway, after a night of "drink and drugs" with friends at Stirling's apartment he awoke at 5 AM to the sound of one of his friends having knocked over the television, which apparently had the console on or near it. Stirling then repeatedly "punched and kicked" the man. He found the gentleman later in the lobby and attempted to help him, but it was too late. In this case, the BBC's headline of "Man kills friend over PlayStation" is just a tad misleading.

SSaxdude
March 24th, 2007, 23:44
Man, a new Playstation is a hell of a lot cheaper than the lawyer's expenses and lost working hours.

Mr_Biggs
March 24th, 2007, 23:57
this just goes to show that if you want to murder someone these days, make sure you dont have any handhelds on your person, and make sure there arent any consoles within 100 yards owned by either parties. otherwise you get headlines like this.

ryan2006
March 25th, 2007, 00:01
he only got 4 years fs

dark heart
March 25th, 2007, 00:18
he... killed someone over a playstation...
wow, that could be turned into good advertising. lol ;)

shadowprophet
March 25th, 2007, 01:11
Oh this is just great. jack thompson will have a feild day with this.:(

ICE
March 25th, 2007, 01:35
PS3. Good enough to kill for!

DarthPaul
March 25th, 2007, 03:47
PS3. Good enough to kill for!

Hahahahahahaha!! Lmao!! Very funny.

But what the hell...This is serious. People is so terrible to date.

Pilot_51
March 25th, 2007, 04:44
I think the guy would be mad over anything broken that cost him a good chunk of money. The way I see it, it's the alcohol and drugs that resulted in him killing his friend, seeing how he tried helping him later when he was supposedly sober. Not only does it go to show that alcohol and drugs can easily get you in trouble, but that it can be fatal to your friends health (or yours).

As for the media and lawyers, there's no saving them from their stupidity.

Basil Zero
March 25th, 2007, 05:57
Oh this is just great. jack thompson will have a feild day with this.:(

not only that

but this person, he not only killed his friend over a machine of whatever it truly is, what makes me wonder more...

is why 4 years...for a homicide...

Yobumtin
March 25th, 2007, 06:18
Well this is why I hate media. Well mainly news stations and all that. Frig they do whatever to get the biggest headlines. I feel the same way with all the messed things going on with celebrity's going all over the news. I think the more serious honest news stations are more interesting without the big exaggerations.

baracki96
March 25th, 2007, 06:23
Hmm, doesn't Fanjita live in Edinburgh? Must be a melting pot for gaming influentialist on both ends of the moral spectrum.

jdnation
March 26th, 2007, 18:35
I don't think he purposely wanted to kill the man, just beat him up for breaking some expensive stuff, but under the influence of drugs or alcohol or whatever, seems like they both were... he beat him up too badly and the man later died of the injuries. There was no intent to kill and he even felt sorry and went back to help his friend... so it's more a case of manslaughter...