PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Ben Heckendorn, Video Game Portablizer

wraggster
March 25th, 2007, 01:16
Call him the God of portable gaming. Ben Heckendorn has hacked, sliced, diced and squashed all manner of home consoles into sleek, compact, do-it-yourself projects, and somehow found the time to write a book about it. His mind-blowing exploits have been featured all over the web, from Engadget to Wired Magazine. Many of us know Ben from his most recent internet fame as the man behind the awesome Wii laptop (pictured below). However, before Ben decided to take on the challenge of downsizing the Wii, he had already accomplished similar feats using the Xbox 360, Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis, and the original big daddy of home consoles, the Atari 2600. We were curious to find out what goes on inside the mind of the world’s preeminent builder of all things portable, so we contacted Ben for an interview.

Full Article at Portable Video Gamer (http://portablevideogamer.com/2007/03/interview-with-ben-heckendorn-video-game-portablizer/)

classicgmr
March 25th, 2007, 05:02
I used to have the blue Atari 2600 Portable pictured - titled the VCSp Rev 5 - but I sold it once we stopped organizing PhillyClassic. His handhelds are breathtaking and run superbly. :)

Harshboy
March 25th, 2007, 15:19
Well, I know he likes his beers;)

Mr_Biggs
March 25th, 2007, 20:58
this guy is a god indeed. i bought his book and made a SNESp based off instructions from the book, and sold it on ebay for 257.99$. it cost around 80 bucks to build. be sure to visit www.benheck.com and the forums there too.

mastersho
March 26th, 2007, 19:40
this guy is a god indeed. i bought his book and made a SNESp based off instructions from the book, and sold it on ebay for 257.99$. it cost around 80 bucks to build. be sure to visit www.benheck.com and the forums there too.

If i supplied the Snes how much would you charge me to build one?