PDA

View Full Version : The Future of PSP -- SCE Japan

wraggster
March 25th, 2007, 01:20
IGN interview the team behind Locoroco

Heres an excerpt

:: Where does PSP development fit on a production cost level compared to console game development? Will PSP budgets and production challenges rise as development moves away from comparable platforms and onto next-gen systems?

It totally depends on what kind of contents you develop and doesn't matter which format you work on. I think that I can find room to develop for the next-gen systems and decrease the cost drastically by the way I approach the development style and content itself.

Full Article Here (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/775/775414p2.html)

Basil Zero
March 25th, 2007, 06:06
i'm pretty sure PSP has a future..i can see a psp2 in a few years

Buddy4point0
March 25th, 2007, 07:08
well i sure hope for a psp 2.
psp-almost ps2 graphix, ps1 emulator. so hopefully, psp2-almost ps3 graphix ( though ps2 graphix would be fine),ps2 emulator

Basil Zero
March 25th, 2007, 08:45
the psp already has ps2 graphical capabilites just not the frame rate or data size.

Psyberjock
March 25th, 2007, 12:37
Well, I have Monster Hunter Portable with over 400 hours of game play and MHP2nd with over 200 already. The PSP is officially a success. If anyone disagrees with me, I overrule your opinion cause I love my PSP and MHP and it has been worth every penny (I bought 2). Also, I don't care about your opinion unless it reinforces my own and makes me feel like a big man.

Heheh... Also, look at my new sig... pretty cool system huh!

*Edit: Clarification on my sarcasm/reality.... My MHP stats are real (yeah I'm a game junkie). Sig stats... TOTALLY unfabricated!!