PDA

View Full Version : ExcruciationX: My PSP bricked for absolutely no reason.

ExcruciationX
March 25th, 2007, 06:15
Okay, remember when I downgraded to 3.03 OE-C from 3.10 OE-A so I could use the GTA VCS Cheat Device?

Well, I had been having some odd problems with it after the downgrade, that have never happened before the downgrade, nor upgrading from 3.03 OE-B or any other custom firmware.

Sometimes after a little while, all of the buttons that led somewhere else, would become inactive (like removing the Network Update icon, or the Location Free Player Icon in 3.XX OE). If you would try to open a UMD game, it would RSOD with "A serious error has occurred", but usually it could be restarted and it would work fine for a few turn-ons after that and then it would occur again.

Well, this happened to me today, but I tried to start a backup of GTA VCS (figured out how to load a backup) it RSODed, and when trying to turn it on again, it does nothing. I can however, get to recovery mode (Must be stored in IPL) and I'll recover soon.

Now, all I'm asking for is Dark Alex's email address so I can tell him the issues I've been having, so he can fix the issue, and add support for the GTA VCS cheat device in 3.10 OE-A' (and maybe explain to me why it did what it did, since I'm curious about these things). It's the weirdest thing that's happened to me.

Tetris999
March 25th, 2007, 06:45
yeah, the gta device resides in flash memory

rather than talking to alex, talk to the guys who made the cheat device

ExcruciationX
March 25th, 2007, 07:03
Well, no, I didn't flash it. I run it through the Plugins folder.

kcajblue
March 25th, 2007, 09:18
does the browser work in 3.10 OE.
when i try to use the browser, i get that blue screen with a whole bunch of languages.

mnuhaily22
March 25th, 2007, 11:01
My Camera dosn't work in 3.03 OE-C, and I can't see my firmware version, however I can when I downgraded to 1.5, but then back to 3.03 OE-C and there are still those two problem's...

Nicko01
March 25th, 2007, 14:25
All my icons stopped working once, so I reflashed my psp a few times. I backed it up this time to save time, because when i didn't have a back up, it took about 2 hours to completely restore it.
One time when i was restoring it through the computer, my dog came and his tail made my psp fall and bricked it... so i had to start over again.

Napalm-Death
March 25th, 2007, 16:00
I went back to 3.03OE-C and now I can't hear anything or use the home button when playing UMDs.

ExcruciationX
March 25th, 2007, 22:00
Is his email "[email protected]"?

blackrave
March 27th, 2007, 16:14
You could try PM'ing Dark_AleX on the MaxConsole forums if you absolutely need to ...

Nicko01, one time I was playing through MGS3, when my dog came and hit a switch with her foot and turned off all the power, and I had to damn much again, including beating a boss and shooting kerotans. :(

AvengedSevenfold Fan
March 27th, 2007, 19:02
my camera and everything works fine on 3.03 OE-C.

Gold Line
March 27th, 2007, 22:09
my camera and everything works fine on 3.03 OE-C.

hehe :rofl:

ICE
March 27th, 2007, 22:21
yep im on 3.03 OE-C and everything works just fine.