PDA

View Full Version : psp modchip downsides?

froggie22
March 25th, 2007, 11:08
I remember reading something about there being some problems with the psp modchip.. im not sure what it was but i remember hearing something about it. any help would be good.

just bricked my psp today and i see that buying a modchip is cheaper than buying a new motherboard so i am thinking of just getting a modchip.

mnuhaily22
March 25th, 2007, 11:14
Well there is a problem with it being hard to install, but someone released a program lately that let's you be at OE 3.10, but custimizable, so go to that, but other that that, I don't think so...

Gizmo356
March 25th, 2007, 12:15
I remember reading something about there being some problems with the psp modchip.. im not sure what it was but i remember hearing something about it. any help would be good.

just bricked my psp today and i see that buying a modchip is cheaper than buying a new motherboard so i am thinking of just getting a modchip.

Why dont you just use recovery mode?

Nicko01
March 25th, 2007, 13:47
The modchip is awesome, everything works like normal. Don't use epsilon BIOS though. What you need to do is:
1. flash epsilon nandimage.flash
2. update the bios from the epsilon recovery menu(ebupdate.bin)
3. use the epsilon recovery menu to flash to 1.50 nandimage.flash to the PSP nand.
4. Using the computer flasher program, flash 1.50 to the UP nand.
5. reboot while holding L to go into 1.50.
6. Update the PSP nand to 3.10 OE-A
7. Update the UP nand to 3.03 OE-C
8. run the UP mix program.

PM me if you want the files, I have all you need.
(1.50 nandimage.flash, epsilon nandimage.flash, ebupdate.bin, 3.10 OE-A flasher with a premade data.dxar, 3.03 OE-C flasher with premade data.dxar, 3.03/3.10 OE Mix for UP... I think thats all.)

Why dont you just use recovery mode?
If it's a full brick, then you can't. If it's a partial brick, then you can.

What caused you to brick??

froggie22
March 26th, 2007, 08:28

Using that homescreen changer... the thread is in the news section on it and as u can see i was pretty pissed off when i posted in there lol

thanks for the help anywais

Well there is a problem with it being hard to install, but someone released a program lately that let's you be at OE 3.10, but custimizable, so go to that, but other that that, I don't think so...

Yeh that was DarkAlex. its a hybrid that mixes 3.03oe-c and 3.10 oe-a'

I havnt found anyone were i live that will install it. i even rang up 'the mod shop' (they do every console modchip and heaps more) and even they wont do it for me coz its to complicated.

Buddy4point0
March 27th, 2007, 04:42
you can send your psp to acidmods and you can buy the chip and have them install it for like 50 bucks

froggie22
March 27th, 2007, 10:56
yeh but i live in australia so it might cost a bit in postage. and it will probley take a while and be more expensive than just finding someone that lives near me to do it.

The modchip is awesome, everything works like normal. Don't use epsilon BIOS though. What you need to do is:
1. flash epsilon nandimage.flash
2. update the bios from the epsilon recovery menu(ebupdate.bin)
3. use the epsilon recovery menu to flash to 1.50 nandimage.flash to the PSP nand.
4. Using the computer flasher program, flash 1.50 to the UP nand.
5. reboot while holding L to go into 1.50.
6. Update the PSP nand to 3.10 OE-A
7. Update the UP nand to 3.03 OE-C
8. run the UP mix program.

PM me if you want the files, I have all you need.
(1.50 nandimage.flash, epsilon nandimage.flash, ebupdate.bin, 3.10 OE-A flasher with a premade data.dxar, 3.03 OE-C flasher with premade data.dxar, 3.03/3.10 OE Mix for UP... I think thats all.)

Quick question. Why can't i just keep the epsilon nandimage.flash? wouldnt it be more safer to keep that one on. On DaX's site it doesnt say that u must have the 1.50 nandimage.flash so why change it? and if i flashed the 1.5 nandimage would i still be able to flash the epsilon one back throught he computer and recover from full bricks throught the computer?

lol sorry about all the questions its just a bit confusing to follow but thanks for all the help.

EDIT: oh dw i get it now. the epsilon nandimage is a custom fw and the 1.50 nandimage is fw 1.50 so that i can upgrade it to DaX's custom fw. did alot of research on it last night.

chernobyll
April 11th, 2007, 10:47
I heard that sony's new firmwares will slowly become les sand less compatible with the modchip.
But seeing as DAX firmwares are based on legit ones, UP might not work on the future :/

froggie22
April 12th, 2007, 05:29
in that case then i will just install the new fw on the psp mobo and just have something else on the modchip or just use it for recoverys. easy solution

Bruce.Lee
April 12th, 2007, 05:47
If you´re considering getting a modchip I would suggest you wait just a bit. According to QJ the Devolution modchip is coming out April 16. Read about it here (http://pspupdates.qj.net/PSP-Devolution-modchip-out-on-April-16/pg/49/aid/88817). It´s supposed to be more compatible and easier to install.

froggie22
April 12th, 2007, 12:13
yeh i know about that. it got announced 4 days after i ordered my UP lol :(

Buddy4point0
April 12th, 2007, 19:31
i might get the new modchip even though my psp is not bricked. i think im gonna send it in for a complete makeover. clear faceplate, clear back, custom clear umd drive, second analog nub, push activated led button lights, changing umd led lights, the new modchip, built in double battery life. i'm probly gonna get it done some time this week.

froggie22
April 13th, 2007, 05:19
sounds good

sourced
April 13th, 2007, 09:00
well, the UP modchip is friggin hard to install. and besides, theres a new modchip comming out. read bout it here http://pspupdates.qj.net/PSP-Devolution-modchip-out-on-April-16/pg/49/aid/88817

froggie22
April 14th, 2007, 12:25
yeh i know about all that lol we were just talking about the new modchip and i have got a pro to install it for me when it arrives and i cant un-order it so i can get the other one

Triv1um
April 14th, 2007, 12:48
i might get the new modchip even though my psp is not bricked. i think im gonna send it in for a complete makeover. clear faceplate, clear back, custom clear umd drive, second analog nub, push activated led button lights, changing umd led lights, the new modchip, built in double battery life. i'm probly gonna get it done some time this week.

I have all those except modchip.

My other psp is totaly standard though.

froggie22
April 17th, 2007, 14:47
my modchip just arrived today so i will have my psp going again in a few days :D