PDA

View Full Version : Puzzle Quest: Challenge of WarLords

wraggster
March 26th, 2007, 21:06
New Commercial release for PSP:

http://image4.play-asia.com/170/4n/pa.83880.2.jpg

features
Incredibly simple to learn for casual player, with seasoned gamers able to utilzie deeper strategies
For the first-time ever in a puzzle game embark on an epic single-player campaign comprising more than 150 challenging quests
Quick-play mode allows players to immediately jump into puzzle battles

description
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords delivers, for the first time ever, classic puzzle-game action backed with an epic story of good vs. evil. Challenge your puzzle skills in single-player campaign mode, or battle your friends via wireless multiplayer. Experience a puzzle game like nothing you have played before.

Buy Puzzle Quest: Challenge of WarLords (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-b9-49-en-84-j-70-1sq0.html)

SpacemanSpiff
March 26th, 2007, 21:33
I've heard the PSP version ships with a bug that causes one of the gameplay features to not work. Anyone looking at this should order a different version or wait and see if the bug gets fixed in a later shipment.

Buddy4point0
March 26th, 2007, 22:07
I've heard the PSP version ships with a bug that causes one of the gameplay features to not work. Anyone looking at this should order a different version or wait and see if the bug gets fixed in a later shipment.

hmmm i havnt herad anything about that but thanks

benn
March 26th, 2007, 23:31
mine plays totally fine - and this game is friggin awesome. i am hooked so badly

SpacemanSpiff
March 27th, 2007, 00:19
Its something about a "companion" feature not working. Your companions are supposed to give you little bonuses like +10 damage versus undead and other stuff of that nature, but they don't work. It doesn't break the game but it makes it more difficult than it would be otherwise.

Buddy4point0
March 27th, 2007, 00:41
oooh well thats wiierd

Zargon
March 28th, 2007, 00:12
They go into more detail on the bug on this site (http://pspupdates.qj.net/PSP-version-of-Puzzle-Quest-Challenge-of-the-Warlords-ability-bug/pg/49/aid/87048)

benn
March 31st, 2007, 13:13
how can they miss the bug - and then the playtesters not see it!?!? did they even play it. i found it within about 20mins.

about 3 battles in you meet a half-elf ranger who joins your party.
his special ability is that all undead you face have -10 from their starting HP.
2 battle later you fight undead.... at full health.
first of all i thought that i must have to activate his power. then read in game instructions and it says their powers are always active.

so, yeah its nice that Fawkner spoke up but it doesnt really change things for me. and actually Fawkner it does change gameplay (even though you insist it doesnt) as I can only have a limited amount of people in my party. now i have no need for a party! what is the point in travelling companions if they cannot provide any assistance? what difference does it make who i have in that partry now - it is purely and aesthetic decision.
lame.

but all in all this is still an AMAZINGLY addictive game and i love it to bits.... which is why this bug is even more irritating.

iball
April 1st, 2007, 19:20
I have both the PSP and DS versions.
The PSP version has serious issues in that not only do companion bonuses NOT work at all like they do in the DS version, but it's also buggy and prone to crash when looking at a spell list. It's even crashed right after a battle I won. Luckily the game itself constantly autosaves on both versions.
Damn good game, piss-poor coding on the PSP version.
Makes me angry, since the graphics on the DS version pale in comparison to the PSP version, yet it's still a more complete and stable game on the DS.

benn
April 2nd, 2007, 08:34
I have both the PSP and DS versions.
The PSP version has serious issues in that not only do companion bonuses NOT work at all like they do in the DS version, but it's also buggy and prone to crash when looking at a spell list. It's even crashed right after a battle I won. Luckily the game itself constantly autosaves on both versions.
Damn good game, piss-poor coding on the PSP version.
Makes me angry, since the graphics on the DS version pale in comparison to the PSP version, yet it's still a more complete and stable game on the DS.

thanks for that - i was wondering how they compared.
i only have the psp version and although i am totally addicted and love the game, there are some serious issues with the game (apart from the known bug):

my game has crashed 3 times in about 20hrs play. i thought it was just mine but other people get the same.

atleast 5 or 6 times per battle i get MASSIVE slowdown on framerate. i am not kidding, it literally drops to 2fps for about 1.5seconds. each time you get worried because it may crash again!

also the sticky zones on the map are soooooo iritating. rather than having a free cursor that locks on to locations when near, you have to move the cursor to the extreme left/ right etc to scroll the map and when you move, it does not move the screen. so you may hit a battle and not know.

John Doe 696
April 4th, 2007, 02:48
Only played this on PC so far,it's a wicked game though.

BladeofTheImmortal
April 4th, 2007, 04:51
The Companion glitch is negligible at best. By the time you get your third companion you are strong enough to rape anyone anyway.