PDA

View Full Version : installing ubuntu on psp

keefurxxcore
March 26th, 2007, 21:21
how do i install "ubuntu 6.06 LTS" on my psp?
My psp is fw 303oe-c.
Ubuntu is a linux build if that helps.

Cap'n 1time
March 26th, 2007, 21:31
no, and you most likely never will. Ubuntu is just a distribution that contains a whole bunch of packages most of which are precompiled for x86, 64 bit processors, and PPC. While some of those programs may eventually be ported to the PSP's hardware, but most of the things that make ubuntu so cool are far too demanding. Any form of linux on the PSP will probably not be graphical... or at least the way you are used to.

Also a linux kernel for PSP has not been run (or even created?) natively yet. If anyone even brings up dosbox or any other x86 emulator I will smack you. Running linux on dosbox or the other x86 emulator (some call it a DOS emulator.. and thats pretty much all I would try to use it for) ported to the psp would be a waste of time and useless.

keefurxxcore
March 26th, 2007, 21:42
what about bochs?

Cap'n 1time
March 26th, 2007, 23:48
what about bochs?

Also a linux kernel for PSP has not been run (or even created?) natively yet. If anyone even brings up dosbox or any other x86 emulator I will smack you. Running linux on dosbox or the other x86 emulator (some call it a DOS emulator.. and thats pretty much all I would try to use it for) ported to the psp would be a waste of time and useless.

/me smacks keefurxxcore

keefurxxcore
March 27th, 2007, 01:09
OUCH!!! DON'T SMACK A GIRL!!! THIS IS JKKDARK'S SECOUND ACCOUNT!

lol nah im joking.... but don't smack noobs anyway...... :p