PDA

View Full Version : Official Japanese trailor for FF VII: Crisis Core

mikebeaver
March 26th, 2007, 22:03
I don't know if this is new or old news, but I just saw this and thought others might like to see it.

It's all in Japanese, but looks soooooo good, now all Square-enix have to do is release the damn thing before the next millennium :)

Here is the link (http://www.youtube.com/v/Kxw8row7R1M)
There is some in game footage right at the end so make sure you watch it all the way though.

Shrygue
March 26th, 2007, 22:07
That was definately one awsome clip to see, despite the Japanese speech.

Buddy4point0
March 26th, 2007, 22:10
yea i saw this over at qj.
those graphics look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im deffinatly gonna get this game first day!
and i love how the graphics are better than most ps2 games.

ish420ism
March 26th, 2007, 22:42
Nice. I must play the original FF7, first.

watupgroupie
March 26th, 2007, 23:10
You havn't played FF7 yet well you have to or your no real gamer. I got hooked and played it for like 7 hours straight and didn't even finish the first disk the game is so awesome. Oh and is this following the same story line as FF7 or is it diffrent couldn't tell with all that japanese and do you actually get to use his awesome big sword it was just strapped to his back the whole time.

ab88
March 26th, 2007, 23:36
I love "trailors" :)

wolfpack
March 26th, 2007, 23:46
Looks excellent... now if only i could understand what the hell they were saying

Buddy4point0
March 27th, 2007, 00:44

you should its great. although alot of people think its the best one, i prefer ff9

Cloud_35
March 27th, 2007, 01:13
II saw a similar trailer a few days ago, but this one has stuff the other hasn't.

Genesis has the same moves as Kadaj in Advent Children, and Cloud looks like a looser with that uniform. I imagined Zack yellin' "n00000000000000000000000b!!!!!!!" at him :D.

pkmusicmaker
March 27th, 2007, 01:14
You havn't played FF7 yet well you have to or your no real gamer. I got hooked and played it for like 7 hours straight and didn't even finish the first disk the game is so awesome. Oh and is this following the same story line as FF7 or is it diffrent couldn't tell with all that japanese and do you actually get to use his awesome big sword it was just strapped to his back the whole time.

Gimme a break. Yeah FF7 is a great game, but telling someone they're not a "real gamer" is as lame as it gets.

VFerg
March 27th, 2007, 01:38
This game looks fantastic!!! Nothing even comes close to how good this looks for this system. I am amazed at what they were able to do. I am definetely not upset with the wait after seeing this. The only problem I had is this just proved to me that the battle system is not the same as 7 which I was really looking forward to... It's been a long time since I have seen an RPG stick to the basics with everyone trying all this new crap out. I really hope it works. Aside from that I also dont care for the backrounds since I loved the watercolor looking ones of the original but this is close enough I guess I dont think it matters.

This one was based off of Zacks story. You know the guy cloud thought he was through out the original ff7. So this is basically a prestory to the original ff7 telling the story of Zack. the guy you didnt learn to much about unless you wanted go out of your way in the original game.

After viewing this trailer there was also another one on that site and also after a little more looking found this one that is subbed as well. I think its just as good as the other one except less battle scenes. Here you go enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch_fullscreen?video_id=Fr9fc3KDt8M&l=302&t=OEgsToPDskJzil0BdnJ1x2U5xEnvovOc&sk=DtLniOkpeo39reoh7G0AHwU&fs=1&title=Crisis Core TGS Trailer Subbed

DarthPaul
March 27th, 2007, 01:56
Yeah this is kinda old stuff..Good video though.

Cap'n 1time
March 27th, 2007, 02:37
Looks nice, but i wont buy it. I hated the first one. Give me a freaking sequel to FF4. Make me a new Mario RPG. How about a new Chrono Trigger? Better yet... DO SOMETHING NEW!!!! Garbage I say.

Lumir
March 27th, 2007, 03:53
Damb did you all see the ownage Sephiroth was handing down to those two soldier first class? He was taking them on like it was nothing.

And yes cloud looks like a serious noob with those shinra uniform clothes on. Who would of thought he had the most potential out of them all?

The story looks great, and from what i could make out from my limited japanese i can tell ill be all into it.

For those who havent played FF7 you need to play it as a rpg gamer. It was the game that made rpg history, and the game that laid the foundation.

MasterChafed
March 27th, 2007, 04:39
The trailor dissapointed me to say the least, If you notice in the trailor Square has went for the same hack and slash type gameplay they went for in Final Fantasy 12, and to be honest, thats not the way final fantasy should be. I loved the active time battle system in Final Fantasy 7, why not stick with it I say.

I must say though, the graphics are great, and Aeris is back, YAY!!. lol (not back, just, well, you get to see her again considering this IS a prequel).

Nevertheless, im excited, and will probably still get it.

Stone Temple Pilots
March 27th, 2007, 15:06
Don't hate on me or anything but this seriously looks like a crappy spinoff. Ugh, the graphics are amazing and at some point better than alot of PS2's games, but I think Square should let VII rest. God, Advent Children drew the line and now they're crossing it. If this game had different characters and a totally different storyline and named the game Final Fantasy (???) then I wouldn't complain but I'm sorry but I hate game revivals save for REmake. Am I the only one here that has this thought or what? I'm a huge fan of FFVII but I can't stand seeing it brought back like this. C'mon, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core..? How about something totally original for PSP? Someone has to agree with me. And Square is also re-releasing FF Tactics with more stuff for PSP at some point. With the exception of Final Fantasy III for DS and Final Fantasy XII for PS2, IMO Square is doing some pretty crappy work at producing games recently. I know I'll get some flak for this from some ass.

Cap'n 1time
March 27th, 2007, 15:40
Don't hate on me or anything but this seriously looks like a crappy spinoff. Ugh, the graphics are amazing and at some point better than alot of PS2's games, but I think Square should let VII rest.....

I'm 100% with you. Great looking game... but WHY FF7?!!!

For those who havent played FF7 you need to play it as a rpg gamer. It was the game that made rpg history, and the game that laid the foundation.
As for the comment that FF7 laid the foundation for RPG's... that is so wrong. Perhaps you were to young to remember the 16 bit days? or even the 8 bit days for that matter. Even fans of ff7 (of my age) wouldnt dare suggest FF7 laid the foundations.
BUT YOU ARE IN FOR A TREAT! :) :) :)
I imagine you havnt already played some of those old games. I STRONGLY suggest you go back and play some of those late 80's and early to mid 90's games.. you've missed a lot.

Besides, XenoGears is the king of RPG's on the PSX :p

Cloud_35
March 27th, 2007, 22:26
I would be looking forward to a sequel of FFVIII or Vagrant Story, I actually liked it. I wouldn't know about Chrono Trigger, I never finished it :(. And I have my hopes for at least one Kingdom Hearts.........

jimjamjahaa
March 27th, 2007, 22:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIo6IwjluHo&mode=related&search=

english subs.

note: Added December 03, 2006

a little late arent we?

Shrygue
March 27th, 2007, 22:38
What, same video clip with English subtitles? Hmmm that's good, I'll have at look at this now...

ish420ism
March 28th, 2007, 05:06
I played FF7 for the first time. And I played for about 2.5 hours before going to bed. 2.5 hours of gaming a week is a lot for me. 2.5h at a time is very rare for me. This game is ****ing BADASS.

I just realized I don't have disk2 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!