PDA

View Full Version : GPSlim version of Mapthis not running

looper_1234
March 27th, 2007, 05:49
I just got a GPSlim 236 and a cable from that Moby site, but i can't seem to find a version of mapthis that will run properly,

they all say 'game will not run'. i never had mapthis before, and what files am i missing apart from the newest patch for 0.461s ?

the only version i got working is one i found on a chinese site and its only for PSP-290

jpc2
March 27th, 2007, 14:27
for some reason the latest GPSlim version needs to be ran in !.50 Kernel. You can try and kxploit it and put it in the 1.50 folder and see how it runs. Also sometimes when you add files to your mem stick the program wont load maps. I dont know why but my program is useless at the moment. hopefully i can figure it out. Unless densika knows what going on with it.

deniska
March 28th, 2007, 06:38
for some reason the latest GPSlim version needs to be ran in !.50 Kernel. You can try and kxploit it and put it in the 1.50 folder and see how it runs. Also sometimes when you add files to your mem stick the program wont load maps. I dont know why but my program is useless at the moment. hopefully i can figure it out. Unless densika knows what going on with it.

Sounds like you may have a corrupted memory stick or incomplete map..
Try re-formatting and re-installing..

looper_1234
March 28th, 2007, 12:35
I can confirm that changing the Kernel to 1.5 works,

the reason the PSP-290 version works seem to be the directory structrure, it only have one folder while the GPSlim version have %mapviewer and mapviewer.

changing the kernel to the old style seem to allow this structure

looper_1234
March 28th, 2007, 12:37
To anyone having my problem, you can change the Kernel by holding down R when cold booting you PSP.

provided you are using custom firmware of course