PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie Profile Series Announced For Europe

wraggster
March 27th, 2007, 15:51
New press release:

Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces the forthcoming releases of VALKYRIE PROFILE®: LENNETH for the PlayStation® Portable system and VALKYRIE PROFILE 2: SILMERIA for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.

The first title in the series to be published across Europe and PAL territories VALKYRIE PROFILE: LENNETH will be released 27th April 2007 with the sequel VALKYRIE PROFILE 2: SILMERIA released late summer 2007.

Both titles are created by tri-Ace Inc., the developers behind the STAR OCEAN® series and RADIATA STORIES®.

Based upon Norse mythology, the critically acclaimed VALKYRIE PROFILE series casts you as a valkyrie, instructed by Odin to harvest souls and recruit warriors worthy of the epic struggle from Midgard, the land of humans.

John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “As two titles that are held in very high regard worldwide, we’re delighted to be bringing the VALKYRIE PROFILE series to Europe and hope for both games to enchant an entirely new audience.”

About VALKYRIE PROFILE: LENNETH

Players assume a pivotal role in determining the outcome of the largest battle in Norse Mythology. On the eve of Ragnarok, a battle between the warring factions of Aesir and Vanir, Lenneth is dispatched to the land of mortals in pursuit of worthy allies. Her mission is a crucial one that could possibly sway the tides of war in her faction's favor.

Approaching brave souls at the time of their death, Lenneth must convince these combatants to join her in the ultimate battle against evil. With time working against her, Lenneth must seek out, train and command an army of fallen soldiers in preparation for the final battle against Surt, the leader of the Vanir, while the mystery of Lenneth's identity unfolds.

Features

Special enhancements take advantage of the PSP system's capabilities — true 16:9 support and new CG sequences give players a deeper understanding of the plot and complement the game's dramatic storyline. Some of these new scenes contain links to the story of VALKYRIE PROFILE 2: SILMERIA.

Classic RPG in the palm of the hand — experience the adventure in the living room, on the road or outdoors
A heart-wrenching tale of honor, courage and purpose in the afterlife — follow the fallen heroes as they pursue honor in the next life
Time-based story progression breeds a non-linear experience where actions determine the outcome of Ragnarok — recruit well and Valhalla is saved, recruit poorly and destruction looms
Encounter 24 unique characters with deep levels of customization
Multiple endings that are revealed based on crucial world-altering decisions

Basil Zero
March 27th, 2007, 15:59
so all this time the game didnt come out in euro....wow

but anyways, this game is good

and i bet this will help sales for the psp.

Totalitarian
March 27th, 2007, 16:03
I had heard that more Square Enix titles would be localised to Europe, but I thought that was a typical PR joke.

I hope this is true as I'd rather enjoy playing Valkyrie Profile 2 on my PS2 without having to bother with regional issues. I already have Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth on the PSP and thoroughly enjoyed it.

However, I do wonder whether the sales of this game will be any good since titles like Star Ocean and Xenosaga haven't enjoyed good sales.

jaws365
March 27th, 2007, 17:58
Ah, finished it two times already. When is Silmeria coming?

JKKDARK
March 27th, 2007, 19:59
ahh finally a good serie for PSP ;)

Ramza042
March 27th, 2007, 21:59
I picked up VP Lenneth at gamestop "used" for 30 bucks Saturday, and it has not left my PSP since. This is the first time since I installed 3.03OE that I have actually even used my UMD drive... :D

muffinman
March 27th, 2007, 22:30
i got so bored waiting for it to come to europe i imported lenneth. Bloody brilliant. always wanted to play it but the original was expensive on ebay and i have pal everything.

can't wait for silmeria though been waiting since i imported lenneth for it :)

wolfpack
March 27th, 2007, 23:31
good title, but im surprised this hasnt been out to europe yet, its been out in america for at least a year

h4s30
March 28th, 2007, 03:36
Lenneth was originally a cult classic on ps1 its been out way more than a year but good nonetheless i bought it when it first came out *my first psp game* silmeria is really good it has wonderful graphics also its also challenging