PDA

View Full Version : More Wipeout Pulse Info

wraggster
March 27th, 2007, 16:32
More info from cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=160711)

Sony Computer Entertainment has officially revealed the sequel to last year's excellent Wipeout Pure. It's Wipeout Pulse and will be arriving on the shiny handheld later this year.

Pulse is spec'd with 24 new race tracks over seven familiar game modes, along with the addition of a new team the EG-X. There's also talk of a new Mag-Strip feature which causes your ship to be locked to the track's surface, allowing for all manor or mental loop mischief.

Series fans fearing a handheld takeover needn't get their knickers in a bunch either, as Sony has confirmed to CVG that the new handheld instalment in no way replaces the 'proper' PS3 Wipeout instalment, which has been previously discussed.

Excitingly, Pulse also promises download content including new music tracks, ships and circuits from launch - which is not to be sniffed at considering the plethora of excellent goodies supplied for Pure.

Look for Wipeout Pulse in Septmber.

Screens Via Link Above

titch.ryan
March 27th, 2007, 19:12
sounds good. wipeout is quite an amazing game.
but by no means the best.

jimjamjahaa
March 27th, 2007, 22:00
sounds good. wipeout is quite an amazing game.
but by no means the best.
i beg to differ. wipeout is the best!! looking forward to this game, but also REALLY looking forward to the ps3 version. it will probably be the game that makes me get a ps3

foxzoner
March 27th, 2007, 22:32
the best, the best, oh yeah!!

VFerg
March 27th, 2007, 23:46
It was my first PSP game and up till now still one of my favorite for the system although I havent touched it in well over a year. I don't think its the best but looked fantastic on this system. As for the PS3 one they posted screens on this site a while back and I remember it looking horrible...

Basil Zero
March 28th, 2007, 02:09
ZOMG

i love this game series

man imo, its the racing game with the best graphics i've played

and third best i've seen (second is Ridge Racer 2 and first is Gran Turismo 4)