PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Assures Upset British Over Wii Shortage

wraggster
March 27th, 2007, 20:04
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/wii/nintendo-assures-upset-british-over-wii-shortage-247330.php)

They love that PS3, but it doesn't mean the Brits are turning their back on the Wii. Still a bit miffed that four months after launch they still can't get their hands on one, British customers are getting upset. Teary, even.

Cheer up lads! Where's that stiff upper lip? Nintendo are saying everything's going to be OK:

It is still very much the case that regular shipments of Wii are being made to retailers across the UK and have been since launch. It's simply a fact that demand remains incredibly high for Wii with some retailers reporting higher interest now than at launch. Every unit we make right now is selling.

I'm sure it is. So feel free to go right ahead and make more of them. It's March already.

Shrygue
March 27th, 2007, 20:14
Nintendo should start shipping more units - they sell out in almost no time the moment they are delivered to stores as so may people wish to have one.

I heart Nintendo
March 28th, 2007, 04:20
I agree. It sucks that so many people went and bought that black piece of shit called the PS3 though.

tsimehC
March 28th, 2007, 14:58
LOL! Well PS3 is a good console too. You should try it! ;-)

werpu
March 28th, 2007, 15:51
I just wonder why the brits do not go wii hunting outside of their country, after all this is EU, you can buy it everywhere and have it shipped to you, it is not like we have a wii drought here in central europe...

tsimehC
March 28th, 2007, 15:52
I just wonder why the brits do not go wii hunting outside of their country, after all this is EU, you can buy it everywhere and have it shipped to you, it is not like we have a wii drought here in central europe...

It's too risky.

Xiofire
March 28th, 2007, 17:10
I dont know what the fuss is about either. My local Game and Gamestation both have Wii stock and have had some for sometime now.
-Xiofire

splodger15
March 28th, 2007, 18:24
LOL! Well PS3 is a good console too. You should try it! ;-)

As much as i like the PS3 it hasnt even sold out in shops near me. Its because of the such high price.

I hope these Nintendo Wiis come soon. I have been wanting one for a long time now.

Galiano
March 29th, 2007, 02:49
i work for a major-ish uk games retailer and our store has had 3 wii's delivered in the whole of 2007, we still have pre-orders from the launch to fill, i hate to say it but it looks like nintendo may have dropped the ball on this one

stefh
March 29th, 2007, 09:26
Well I must say that in the Netherlands it's exactly the same problem... But in Belgium, the Wii is available in almost every shop in cities like Antwerp and Wijnegem... I guess the UK also has the problem of having a different power connector than europe has... So if they buy on European mainland, they also have to get a converter. But hey, that should only cost you a couple of bucks...

As a Wii owner since 8 december and a big Nintendo fan I must say most of the people haven't missed anything big yet... It only comes down to Zelda and maybe excite truck that were the must-haves of the first quarter...