PDA

View Full Version : Hokuto No Ken / Fist of the North Star

wraggster
March 27th, 2007, 20:20
New for PS2:

http://image4.play-asia.com/170/PA.83005.008.jpg

Fighting game fans cheer for your life! As the legendary arcade hit Hokuto no Ken (aka. Fist of the North Star) is coming to your PlayStation2™. Made by the same team as Guilty Gear, this game sports some of the fastest paced action seen on a 2D fighter to date. Play as Kenshiro, Shin, Raoh, Yuda and many other characters from the Hokuto no Ken anime and manga series, and unleash their Fatal KO techniques!

Every player has a seven stars gauge that, through various attacks, can be lowered and once empty, a final "death star" will light up and the enemy player can perform a special attack that finishes of the opponent similar to the Instant Kill-moves from Guilty Gear. Unlike in Guilty Gear, where you could boost any number of times, Hokuto no Ken has a gauge that limits the number of boosts a player can perform, however, the boost is much more powerful than the one in Guilty Gear.

This game is based on the first half of the original manga (vol. 1-16) and uses the characters as they were depicted in the 1980's anime series. The voices of the playable characters are all performed by the original seiyu from the anime, with the exception of Kenshiro and Rei, who are both played by new actors.

Published by Sega, a first batch of Hokuto No Ken / Fist of the North Star for PlayStation2™ is shipping today. Just like Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+, this release has been affected by a delayed shipment. around 25% of all preorders are shipping today, more supply is likely to arrive tomorrow, available at US$ 64.90 only.

Buy Hokuto No Ken / Fist of the North Star (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-40-49-en-84-j-70-1s1p.html)

Hawq
March 27th, 2007, 20:43
This is the point where I wish that a) I had enough money to afford it & b) that my PS2 was chipped for imports

Ennohex
April 6th, 2007, 10:54
Wait, does this mean it's a US release?