PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Wal-Mart holding Wiis for April 1st

Shrygue
March 27th, 2007, 20:32
via Nintendo Wii Fanboy (http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/03/27/rumor-wal-mart-holding-wiis-for-april-1st/)

For those of you who have yet to find a Wii, we have potentially good news! Or a totally mean waste of your time. We don't really know.

Tipster Memnoch tells us he saw a handwritten sign in a Wal-Mart electronics department in Fairfax, VA telling employees to hold Wii shipments for April 1st, when a new advertising circular would announce their availability.

Our readers have yet to lead us astray with these shipment tips, but we aren't 100% sure about it. It's not that we don't trust Memnoch-- it would just be foolish to take a rumor involving April 1st at face value. Hence the more skeptical, pensive Matthew Lesko. Good luck if you check this out!

Morag
March 27th, 2007, 20:43
I would like to confirm this as i work as walmart
I know in Canada at least the Price will be 250 instead of 280

YOu will see Wiis in Canadian Walmart on March 30th for the Flyer at a new price :D

bmemike
March 27th, 2007, 21:40
Be careful with any "April 1st" rumors.

Shrygue
March 27th, 2007, 21:46
Oh yes, just in case that turns out be an April Fool's joke. :p

JKKDARK
March 27th, 2007, 21:50

I agree :D

zeritooverride
March 27th, 2007, 23:07
Maybe not every Wal-Mart is holding them I got mine last week there and there were like 2 today on the shelf. If they have more and are just holding them its time to sell them people over here are looking for it like crazy!

kcajblue
March 28th, 2007, 00:19
i still need to get my wii.
i never have money though. :(

mastersho
March 28th, 2007, 18:53

Let's hope not because I think that baiting those people waiting for the wii could create a backlash that would start a riot....and it won't be a quiet one either( get it.....bad pun, I'm sorry)

SkyeDarkhawk
March 28th, 2007, 23:50
I also work for Walmart (just not the Electronics department), but it seems that they are getting large shipments of some hefty electronic goods. Not particularly for any specific sales, but they are getting decent sized shipments of several game consoles.