PDA

View Full Version : Beup Live 0.3e - MSN for DS

wraggster
March 27th, 2007, 22:17
HTheB (http://www.area-ds.com/htheb/index2.html) has released a new version of Beup the MSN App for DS:

Heres whats new:

*Fixed the Clock that was wrong that was on Beup Live 0.3d Fixed
*Fixed the "Blue Lines" bug that was also on Beup Live 0.3d Fixed

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

thefuteam
March 27th, 2007, 22:33
Will this work on the Max Media Dock?

souLLy
March 27th, 2007, 22:40
groovy, i was gonna mention the blue lines bug in the previous version. good work htheb.

i would ask for some additional features but I'm sure things like blocking and unblocking are scheduled for a future release.

SushiP
March 27th, 2007, 23:04
Multi-language support would be a really really great feature. Even just to read text in non-latin character languages. I can't really message any of my Israeli friends or read their names. Another cool feature could be handwriting recognition but that's probably too complicated to implement.

jester13
March 28th, 2007, 00:08
Maybe you can add Voice Chat ;)

SushiP
March 28th, 2007, 00:13
That would probably be too laggy. :/ Btw, I could translate Beup into Hebrew.

HtheB
March 28th, 2007, 08:18
I'll try to do my best guys :thumbup:
Thanks for the comments:D

bassCore
March 28th, 2007, 10:04
Yes it would be nice with some other languages. I only miss 3 characters for my Swedish language Åå, Ää and Öö.

A2hok
March 28th, 2007, 14:20
Another cool feature could be handwriting recognition but that's probably too complicated to implement.
Its already there!! In the convo just click on the writing sybol above the input text box. :)

Madelin
March 28th, 2007, 16:46
Im sure he said handwriting recognition not being able to draw things.

EG: write 'Hello' by hand and have it turned into text

SushiP
March 28th, 2007, 17:15
Also, sometimes when using the stylus input it'll randomly stop writing or freeze up. But that's probably the DS's hardware and not the software.

misticknight
March 28th, 2007, 22:37
HtheB, is there anyway you can make it so you can chat while appearing offline? Theres some ppl on my list i don't want to chat to at times so it'll be easier if i could chat while they think i'm offline.

HtheB
March 29th, 2007, 06:48
HtheB, is there anyway you can make it so you can chat while appearing offline? Theres some ppl on my list i don't want to chat to at times so it'll be easier if i could chat while they think i'm offline.

Yeah.. you need to come online,
tap on the person you like to talk... once it said you are connected to him, you can go offline :)
and still talk to the person ;)

tomqman
March 29th, 2007, 07:21
HtheB thanks for anouther great update is there any way i can send/recive custom emoticons

HtheB
March 30th, 2007, 14:50
HtheB thanks for anouther great update is there any way i can send/recive custom emoticons

No.. you can't...
but you can change (or add) emoticons... but it won't have effect to the other party...

(so you are the only one who will see the icons)

:thumbup:

nefer
March 31st, 2007, 16:09
many thanks for this app. :D
this could be very useful.

burpyierz
April 1st, 2007, 03:06
great job but i use Supercard DS slot 1 and my emoticones dont seem to work and same as the avatar picture
ive put Beup in my memory card root directory, tried beup, BEUP and Beup, seems that it doesnt see the directory -_-
but except emoticones and avatar everything work

d00k
April 1st, 2007, 15:08
Great Application, Well done :)

Tikker
April 2nd, 2007, 04:06
I'm getting a SSL error when I try to connect

using the brand new version on a R4 (1.07)
does the handshake
asks for auth token
got it. connecting yo passport server
done. authenticating
SSL connect failed

then it just cycles thru that over and over

taiyoh
April 2nd, 2007, 23:52
does this work on a g6 flash cart??

CaptainDale
April 5th, 2007, 09:32
How can i put a avatar on?

crossed
April 14th, 2007, 17:48
I have a "Authenticating" problem (or something like that). Says it only takes 6 seconds, but fails there. Any advice?

duol90
April 14th, 2007, 20:43
This was working fine when I first got it, but now it gives an SSL connect failed error.

EmuAGR
April 15th, 2007, 11:43
Hello at all the DCEmu comunity, I'm new here :D

I have the same problem... It says "SSL connect failed" :confused:

I had the error in the version 0.3 Final... and I updated it to the version 0.3e, but it still fails

Bye & sorry because of my bad english

roettgers
April 15th, 2007, 15:20
same ssl error here

ClamJuice
April 15th, 2007, 18:30
Im sure he said handwriting recognition not being able to draw things.

EG: write 'Hello' by hand and have it turned into text

Perhaps he could add the graffiti writing from PDAs?

Trimble
April 15th, 2007, 21:22
The SSL error is because Microsoft changed something with their servers a couple of days ago, which means we are all suffering from the SSL connection failed error with Beup.

We just need to wait for Beup to be modified for it to work again. Let's hope KevinC the author is out there listening.... :)

quake566
April 15th, 2007, 21:52
same ssl error here...

Application looks great though, and nice to see enough, but no too much information coming through on the interface.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks Trimble for the update, M$ have a habit of changin stuff on their servers... plays hell with the multi-IM clients like Trillian also!

For reference, I'm using a NDSL Firmmware v7, Netgear DG834v2 ADSL router and a D-link DWL2000AP+ Access point. I'm also using a Superkey and SuperCard Lite (MicroSD). No patching whatsoever done, just downloaded the file and ran.

burpyierz
April 17th, 2007, 15:21
SSL Connect Failed

zonic
April 18th, 2007, 00:34
yes it works

d0m0kun
April 18th, 2007, 14:18
I still get SSL connect failed.

Tried quite a few times, I either get 'Connection to notification server has died' or it gets a bit further but then says 'SSL connect failed. Authentication failed'.

:mad:

d0m0kun
April 18th, 2007, 14:19
yes it works

What are you using? Have you tried connecting again recently?

mickk
April 21st, 2007, 04:31
getting same error. dang so close to getting MSN on my DS

michael1384
April 21st, 2007, 15:55
I just get "Connection failed."

JohnnyP
April 21st, 2007, 21:36
Why have the devs not updated Beup to work? :confused:

It is such a shame!

paultall90
April 23rd, 2007, 15:59
i agree still waiting

JohnnyP
April 24th, 2007, 17:39
Can one of the very talented coders reading this forum PLEASE patch up Beup. I understand that Kevinc released the code under gpl (or the one where its free to use as long as you publish your code).

If 98% of the code is online why has no one patched it and started a new project with the code? It seems that this is the only project using Kevins open source code. Its so strange!

DanTheManMS
April 25th, 2007, 02:54
The C++ tutorials and appropriate compilers are right over there for you to use... >_>

JohnnyP
April 25th, 2007, 19:56
The C++ tutorials and appropriate compilers are right over there for you to use... >_>

:mad: Are you being a condescending moron just to boost your post count? *clap*

lostgame
April 25th, 2007, 22:19
Uh, he is definitely just pointing out how hypocritical you are, dude.

JohnnyP
April 25th, 2007, 22:53
Uh, he is definitely just pointing out how hypocritical you are, dude.

:confused: Am I one of this boards very talented coders?....

I've barely registered here and I'm already being flamed. I guess I wont come back.

DanTheManMS
April 25th, 2007, 23:48
Not trying to scare you off, just saying that there's little use in sitting around complaining about the issue. The sources are indeed available, so you are welcome to try to tackle the issue.

Programmers spend a lot of time and hard work making programs for people, and when users are unappreciative and demanding it only makes them more unwilling to work. That's why many people in the open-source community have adopted the idea of "if you don't like it, fix it yourself." This is unfortunate, as it's a rather rude philosophy, but it happens nonetheless. Don't take it personally Johnny.

JohnnyP
April 26th, 2007, 00:59
Well for a start im not a programmer, hence the request.

Secondly the person currently releasing Beup did exactly what you are saying, but HAS NOT released his code (as the licence statues he MUST). Which means that the problem is not a small one. The whole thing needs patching up, and a new wifi library, and DLDI support adding.

If this was simply learning how to change the server IP and recompiling the code i would gladly learn how to do it and release it for everyone to use.

Given how badly Beup has been run into the ground id say it is well worth another programmer taking the baton. And if i was a programmer, i would.

If the suggestion offends you, then why not reply explaining why, instead of being rude and condescending?

DanTheManMS
April 26th, 2007, 03:13
I am aware of the situation with HtheB, as unfortunate as it is. Like you said, Kevinc's original code can be found on a recent GBAdev thread, and reportedly there are only about 15 lines of code that are different between the original version and HtheB's one.

I'm not opposed to the idea of someone else taking up the torch, nor have I stated that I was. Honestly my first post was meant to be taken as a joke, so I'm sorry that it got taken so seriously.

lostgame
April 27th, 2007, 00:41
instead of being rude and condescending?

Are you being a condescending moron just to boost your post count? *clap*

Hmm...

Am I missing something here or are you a hypocrite?

JohnnyP
April 27th, 2007, 05:58
LMFAO - lostgame - Just how dumb are you?.. :p Please go away.

Anyway for those who are here for news, and not to flame random people, check out this link:

Thanks to Frigolit: http://www.digitalfractions.net/pub/beup_live_0.3_update_2007-04-26.nds

AFAIK there is still no update on HtheB, so im guessing hes never going to officially release the code. :mad:

EmuAGR
April 27th, 2007, 15:35
It works!!!

Thanks too much JohnnyP :D :D :D

DanTheManMS
April 27th, 2007, 21:58
Updated binary that should support DLDI for saving your settings (as the previous build was of the NoFAT version): http://www.digitalfractions.net/getfile.html/pub/beup_live_0.3e_update_2007-04-27.nds

Keep in mind that these are just temporary fixes that change the IP address in the sourcecode. In the future, a binary based on Microsoft's DNS would be better since Beup wouldn't keep breaking each time they changed the IP.

felixen21
April 28th, 2007, 13:54
I'm having problems with the Beup MSN messenger. I've downloaded this (http://forum9.uwants.com/viewthread.php?tid=3671643 - the one with the beup folders included) and I've downloaded this (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57634&page=5) and DLDI patched it. I placed the Beup folder in the root on the simply card as it said I should. I only used the folder from the first download, I didn't use the .nds, since the .nds from the second link was newer.

When I open the program on the DS it asks me to type in the IP. after doing so it automatically fills in the gateway and subnet mask. I've then tried click "use custom" and "use firmware", but nothing happens. It just says "Connecting using firmware setup:" (it says this regardless of which of the two buttons I click)

Does anyone know what to do? I'm also having problems with all other wifi homebrew stuff (such as DSHobro and DSOrganize browser), so maybe it's something I can't fix?

Also, dunno if it matters, but I have a linksys wireless router (I can connect to the internet with my DS games though, so I don't think it's the built-in firewall), I have the old version of the DS and I have a M3 Simply card with a 2GB memorycard...

JohnnyP
April 28th, 2007, 17:13
felixen21 - You need to boot up a game which has wifi connection play, and set up your connection in the game. Then boot up the homebrew apps and it should obtain your connection info from your actual DS.

felixen21
April 28th, 2007, 17:55
I've already done that :( I've played Mario Kart and Metroid Prime online. But every time I try something homebrew it just keeps saying that it's trying to connect.

JohnnyP
April 28th, 2007, 18:12
Are you using a DS lite? Is it very new? I understand that can be an issue.

The old NDS and DS lites are different to the recent lite models.

felixen21
April 28th, 2007, 18:56
Nope, I have the old DS. I bought one of the Japanese white ones.. so could it be because it's Japanese (even though its region free)?

JohnnyP
April 28th, 2007, 19:32
You would need to ask someone more involved with homebrew, but i guess it could be an issue that you have Japanese firmware.

I suggest asking a few NDS programmers about the issue.

DanTheManMS
April 28th, 2007, 21:56
Go into your WFC settings and change everything to Manual, not Automatic. Homebrew has a hard time automatically obtaining an IP and DNS servers.

felixen21
April 28th, 2007, 22:19
Dan, would that be on the computer (if I go to my routers settings) or on the DS?

thanks a lot ;)

edit: also, does changing it to manual have any down sides?

DanTheManMS
April 29th, 2007, 00:20
Go to your WFC settings on the DS and use the information from your router's settings page to fill in the boxes. Just make sure your DS's IP is different from your computer's IP. For instance, if your computer has 192.168.1.100, you could choose for your DS to have 192.168.1.123

The only real downside to manual settings is that if you erase them it takes longer to put them back it. That's really it.

felixen21
April 29th, 2007, 11:54
Hmm, it won't accept my changes. It says the settings are invalid. Only thing I've done is set "auto obtain IP address" to no. I then changed my IP to 192.168.1.123 (my ip is 192.168.1.100). But I don't know how to fill in subnet mask and gateway..?

Also, when I look at my router settings on the comp, I also have a local ip which is 192.168.1.1. What's a local ip?

JohnnyP
April 29th, 2007, 17:22
felixen21 - Your local IP will be the IP of your router.

To find subnet and gateway addresses to go:

Start> Run> type in "cmd" and press enter> then type in "ipconfig" and press enter.

They will probably be:
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Hope you get it working :)

felixen21
April 29th, 2007, 17:47
Hmm, just tried that and it still won't accept the changes. It's really weird.. :(

JohnnyP
April 29th, 2007, 18:22
Wait up, i just took a look and you also need to enter the DNS addresses.

Start> Run> type in "cmd" and press enter> then type in "ipconfig /all" and press enter.

Scroll down for the DNS addresses.

felixen21
April 29th, 2007, 18:35
Well it saved the changes, and it works when I test the connection, but the homebrew wfc stuff still won't work :(

JohnnyP
April 29th, 2007, 18:47
:( Follow up on the Japanese thing. Maybe that is an issue..

Im sorry i cant be more of a help. Good luck.

felixen21
April 29th, 2007, 19:02
Aight, thanks a lot for trying though

ithatcher123
May 1st, 2007, 14:57
dude I want the update as much as the next guy, but I;m also to lazy to patch it.

nickward
May 8th, 2007, 03:30
I've got an R4 and I can't even get it to attempt to connect. It just sits at the searching. It may be a problem with my patcher though

name...
May 11th, 2007, 04:21
what is the
ssl error?

d0m0kun
May 15th, 2007, 17:16
I've got an R4 and I can't even get it to attempt to connect. It just sits at the searching. It may be a problem with my patcher though

I've got an R4 too Nick, are you using the DLDItool32?

Go here
http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/
And find the R4 in the DLDI Device patches list (download this file in fact http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/downloads/r4tf.dldi)

Then download the DLDI Win32 application under patching software (this one http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/downloads/dlditool-win32.zip)

Unzip, run the dlditool, browse to point to the DLDI file "r4tf.dldi", then browse for the beup nds file and click patch. Should work and get you a bit further along, even though the SSL error is as far as anyone can get at the moment.

Joel92
May 15th, 2007, 22:34
my beup has always worked on my m3 sd, but now, even though it still connects and all, when i try and log in, after it gets the the "authenticating (6 sec)" thingy, it always gives me an ssl error. i have the right username and password. heck, i dont even know what an ssl error is. anyone know how to fix this?

meandu229
May 16th, 2007, 15:06
here is the version i use it is just come off my card and works,, its is already dldi'ed for r4 :D

name...
May 17th, 2007, 02:57
that file is corrupted :(

Adzy2k7
May 17th, 2007, 22:14
great job but i use Supercard DS slot 1 and my emoticones dont seem to work and same as the avatar picture
ive put Beup in my memory card root directory, tried beup, BEUP and Beup, seems that it doesnt see the directory -_-
but except emoticones and avatar everything work
Have u Patched it with dldi. Until i did that the avatar feature didn,t work. Also make a BEUP folder in root directory and an avatar one inside that.

d0m0kun
May 23rd, 2007, 16:48
here is the version i use it is just come off my card and works,, its is already dldi'ed for r4 :D
That one doesn't even pick up an IP address, it doesn't get very far at all. The original one at least gets to the authentication (6 secs) part, but still doesn't work yet.

d0m0kun
August 22nd, 2007, 10:47
BeUp is working now, using the same file version as before.

It completes the authentication (6 secs) check, and continues to sign in perfectly fine now.

Treize
September 10th, 2007, 02:21
hey, i get to the

Done. Authenticating.... (takes about ~6 secs)

part then it says:
SSL connect failed.
Authentication failed.

how can i fix this? i can't connect at all :(

EDIT: Sorry just fixed it, missed the last post on the previous page :)

blueInk
September 16th, 2007, 15:52
On some of my contacts it has 'fake friend' written underneath, any one know why this is? Thanks.

gencer131
August 7th, 2008, 05:49
i wish the was voice messageing plz!!!! i wouldn't care if it laged a little bit any way how cool would it be!!!!! thanks!!!!!!:)

vendettaseve
August 8th, 2008, 12:54
Har har har, It still doesnt work. SSL Failed, using the new file and the first one.

Nice joke.

joekneebone
December 23rd, 2008, 00:43
i cant get it to work.... it says ssl connect failed.

i have tried using the updated version from the last page.
and also the normal version.
i have a TTDS and opened it with dsorganize.

Damiano
December 23rd, 2008, 10:19
i cant get it to work.... it says ssl connect failed.

i have tried using the updated version from the last page.
and also the normal version.
i have a TTDS and opened it with dsorganize.

Stop that kind of post please!!!!!
Beup doesn't work since 6-7 month

carlitx
December 23rd, 2008, 15:48
Stop that kind of post please!!!!!
Beup doesn't work since 6-7 month

oh look a smart new guy :D I like you.

harshstonewhite
January 13th, 2009, 01:59
sill ssl failure :(