PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew FFVIII game goes MMO

wraggster
March 28th, 2007, 06:42
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/03/27/homebrew-ffviii-game-goes-mmo/)

Triple Triad is no ordinary piece of homebrew. Like Wandria, or Hexaxis, this title is pushing the limits of what we thought homebrew development could produce. But, this game isn't a graphical showcase. Rather, it's pushing the online capabilities of the system, becoming the first ever homebrew MMO game.

The game is based on the card game from Final Fantasy VIII, with over 330 cards from Final Fantasy VII, VIII and X (with XI to come later). Not only will you be able to buy, sell and trade your cards with others, you'll also be able to send each other private messages, chat during the game, and more. You'll be able to have a friends list, a blacklist, and you'll also be able to track the movements of other players. Quite ambitious, is it not?

Hopefully, this revolutionary project will be able to deliver on all its promises. There won't be too long to wait, though: the game is planned to release this Monday.

titch.ryan
March 28th, 2007, 07:20
wow this game is going to be awesome i cant wait

Basil Zero
March 28th, 2007, 07:25
whoa, looks like this game finally will hit mainstream

Zargon
March 28th, 2007, 09:21
Is this in development or has it been released and I just missed it? I know about the early releases, but was one like this ever made?

Stone Temple Pilots
March 28th, 2007, 14:32
No freakin way, Triple Triad has it's own game? YES!!! That was one of my favorite parts of FFVIII. Are the cards gonna be the same with the numbers and whatnot? I wouldn't mind paying $40 for this thing if it was a UMD.

Chackan
March 28th, 2007, 15:17
Wow! Won't it be hard to make a game like this one?

scottyboynow
March 28th, 2007, 16:43
Wow! Won't it be hard to make a game like this one?

No, unless you have a great understanding on how to.

knownX
March 28th, 2007, 19:47
cant wait triple triad

Malksta
March 28th, 2007, 19:49
Holy shit, looks AWESOME!! cant wait for this one =D

Cloud_35
March 28th, 2007, 22:21
I didn't remembered what the hell was triple triad until a few minutes ago, when I read it at wiki. Anyway, it's really fast. This monday?? counting the seconds :)

Chackan
March 29th, 2007, 00:04
No, unless you have a great understanding on how to.

Yes, but to be a MMO. Woudln't that require servers?:confused:

ICE
March 29th, 2007, 01:18
wow quite ambitious indeed. finally homebrew is starting to REALLY use the psp's online capabilities!!!!

nibblemynutz
March 29th, 2007, 05:58
Oh. My. God.

Something revolutionary to the homebrew scene.

I can't wait.

O: