PDA

View Full Version : Firmware 3.30 now available on Network Update

wraggster
March 28th, 2007, 06:44
Sony sneakily snuck out a new firmware upgrade for PSP: the first in almost two months. Here's the list of the improvements for this firmware revision:

Support for displaying thumbnails for items has been added under [RSS Channel].
Support for PLAYSTATION Network titles has been expanded.
The size of videos that can be played under [Video] has been increased.
Support for displaying thumbnails for content saved in the "VIDEO" folder of a Memory Stick has been added under [Video].

Update: For those without wi-fi access, the update can be downloaded here (http://www.anyo.org/pspfanboy_com/update330/EBOOT.PBP). Save it on your PSP under this directory: PSP/GAME/UPDATE. It does not appear as if full-resolution video has been fully unlocked. More details will certainly arise over the new few hours, so stay tuned.

Remember if you upgrade you lose homebrew.
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/03/28/firmware-3-30-now-available-on-network-update/)

DarthPaul
March 28th, 2007, 06:49
New Firmware!! Yeah! I like that "Video" addition! Yes Sony!! This one is worth to be Customized..*Waiting for DAX*

Chameleon
March 28th, 2007, 06:50
one step closer to 4.0

Kichigai Mentat
March 28th, 2007, 07:03
So bets on how long until it's decrypted? A month? A week? Day? Hour(s)? Bets on whether or not Sony even used a different encryption algorithm?

Anyway, I find it rather unnearving how vague Sony is being so far. Release a firmware, then the changelog later? Or what if, God forbid, that's as detailed as Sony will end up being? It's really kind of scary.

I know it's going to sound kind of stereotypical, but I'm quite comfortable with my custom firmware. Why? Because except for Ratchet and Clank and MGS:Portable Ops, there haven't been any good games recently. I'm enjoying Final Fantasy IX in POPS, and I'm not really about to give that up. And a chance to catch up in MGS (I never played any of the original ones, so this seems like an opportune occasion to play them, even without a PlayStation).

jamotto
March 28th, 2007, 07:11
I read over on qj.net another possible improvment in this firmware is.

option to set Disc-Load speed to Fast or Normal

Link (http://pspupdates.qj.net/PSP-FW-3-30-update-Network-and-Download/pg/49/aid/87628)

Basil Zero
March 28th, 2007, 07:26
another useless firmware update imo

but still cant wait for DAX's next firmware.

redhotchilimando
March 28th, 2007, 07:31
i hope dark alex will make it so that we can edit our xmb in 3.30

aznTerz
March 28th, 2007, 07:41
i hope this will be emulated soon. im using 2.71 hend and i wish they would make the devhook hend supported

Veskgar
March 28th, 2007, 07:43
I'm really interested in the PLAYSTATION network titles expansion.

Be it better compatibility, performance, or added features, I am hoping a lot has been added/improved.

Then, of course it would be great to have a 3.30 OE firmware.

FrostyTheSnowman
March 28th, 2007, 08:04
/me waits for dark_alex to pwn Sony. :D

Stew2000
March 28th, 2007, 08:48
The Video thumbnails are .jpg (can't do .png)
Any ideas what the size of the image is? :confused:

Chameleon
March 28th, 2007, 09:17
their is also an option to set Disc-Load speed to Fast or Normal... whatever that means

nugem
March 28th, 2007, 10:28
their is also an option to set Disc-Load speed to Fast or Normal... whatever that means

Sounds like hype, getting all the new users and people in general to update there PSP units, imo.

I hosed my first PSP like that before i new better.

Chameleon
March 28th, 2007, 10:32
well... it seems that its nothing that cant be done by setting cpu speed to 333

mnuhaily22
March 28th, 2007, 11:05
Go DAX, GO!!!

foxzoner
March 28th, 2007, 11:30
the new update sound nice...

IM back!
March 28th, 2007, 11:37
Lets whait for dax and 3.30 oe-a

Cloudhunter
March 28th, 2007, 11:37
the new update sound nice...

Only when it's hacked ;)

Cloudy

ab88
March 28th, 2007, 11:44
The size of videos that can be played under [Video] has been increased.

Oooops beat by a month or three by DAX :p

Only when it's hacked ;)

Cloudy

So true.

So bets on how long until it's decrypted? A month? A week? Day? Hour(s)? Bets on whether or not Sony even used a different encryption algorithm?

I don't think they will bother in changing the encryption key as it can be dumped very easily now a days. ;)

Edit: it seems they only changed the encryption of the individual PRX's but not the PSAR(one used for dumping) key.

b8a
March 28th, 2007, 12:07
Oh shucks. I was hoping that the load speed somehow effected the UMD load times. Looks like it's just another feature for the PS3-owning super elite though. According to the Japanese site:

Main Features Updated In System Software Version 3.30

Game
Stregthened features for playing PLAYSTATION Network titles.

- Added [Disk Loading Speed] to the menu.
Network
Now supports displaying item thumbnails under [RSS Channel]
Video
Now supports displaying movie thumbnails for items saved in the Memory Stick Duo "Video" folder.
Made it so that the following types of files can be played back from the "Video" folder.

- Files of the following sizes for MPEG-4 AVC(H.264) Video Main Profile (AVC CABAC)

720×480/352×480/480×272
*Some items can not be played back based on their type of data

And then, clicking on the link under the game note:

Added [Disk Loading Speed] to the PLAYSTATION Network title menu.
You can use it to set the loading speed of PLAYSTATION Network titles.

Usage

1. While playing a PLAYSTATION Network title, press the HOME button and select [Settings].
2. Select [Disk Loading Speed].
You can select from either regular or fast. Select [regular] by default.

Hint
Although data loading is faster with [fast], with some games effects could become hard to distinguish, or the screen might not display correctly.

pt9087
March 28th, 2007, 12:36
cant wait for 3.30 OE, its something new!

Stone Temple Pilots
March 28th, 2007, 14:41
Sony is only feeding DAX when they release a new firmware. I love Sony. Can't wait for 3.30 OE!!!

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
March 28th, 2007, 15:17
yay, sony being stupid again!

gr42178
March 28th, 2007, 15:40
I'm really interested in the PLAYSTATION network titles expansion.

Be it better compatibility, performance, or added features, I am hoping a lot has been added/improved.

Then, of course it would be great to have a 3.30 OE firmware.

Same here, POPS is the best thing on the PSP right now...

shango46
March 28th, 2007, 15:53
If Dark_AleX does release a 3.30 OE I hope there is support for customizing the xmb again because that is the only reason I am not on 3.10 OE. Team C+D will probably have this decrypted within the next few hours.

O-bake
March 28th, 2007, 16:53
Hopefully there's a way to quickly extract the pops.prx and it's working with the current loader.
Or is this not gonna happen?

Gold Line
March 28th, 2007, 17:24
yes yes this firmwere look soo cool i hope dark alex makes 3.30 OE-A with custom xmb

splodger15
March 28th, 2007, 17:28
Interesting... Not like Sony to leave a update without revisions to strengthen security

Gene
March 28th, 2007, 17:34
Interesting... Not like Sony to leave a update without revisions to strengthen security

They, most likely forgot to include that in the change log

Gold Line
March 28th, 2007, 17:46
nah thay just think that 3.11 cant be hacked hehe lets see if dark alex thinks the same SONY WILL LOSE TO THE HOMEBREW

pspfreefiles
March 28th, 2007, 17:55
I'm still waiting for the 3.11 downgrader to downgrade my mates

Terrancek2141
March 28th, 2007, 17:56
:thumbup: COOOOL!!!!!!

mavsman4457
March 28th, 2007, 18:59
# Made it so that the following types of files can be played back from the "Video" folder.

- Files of the following sizes for MPEG-4 AVC(H.264) Video Main Profile (AVC CABAC)

720×480/352×480/480×272

*Some items can not be played back based on their type of data

I like the fact that the new sizes can be played but now we need more formats. Just a little plugin that allows avi would make the custom firmware so much better. Someone has got to do it please!!! Or is that even possible?

Airdevil
March 28th, 2007, 19:35
I'm still waiting for the 3.11 downgrader to downgrade my mates

dude..... first thing u say to your mate is how stupid he is for upgrading in the first place lol.

and secondly.... you should tell him that itll be ages before a downgrader becomes available..... prob well over 5-6 months

Buddy4point0
March 28th, 2007, 19:57
awsome i can't wait for 3.30 oe a!
its gonna be awsome!

Triv1um
March 28th, 2007, 20:20
This seems like a crappy FW update.

Nothing worth hacking in my opinion.

osiris661
March 28th, 2007, 20:23
dude..... first thing u say to your mate is how stupid he is for upgrading in the first place lol.

and secondly.... you should tell him that itll be ages before a downgrader becomes available..... prob well over 5-6 months

uuuuuummmmmm, where to start;

Did it ever occur to you that people may have purchased a PSP with the 3.11 FW???

It most certainly will not be 5 to 6 months, 3.11 has been decrypted and now this new 3.30 has been released. One of two things will happen quite quickly, either, a 3.11 downgrader will come out, or, more likely, a 3.30 exploit will be found and homebrew will live again for everyone on these newest FW's.

Don't call people stupid because, unless you are DAX Fanjita or someone who is actually coding the downgraders then you too are "stupid".:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :eek: :eek: :rofl: :rofl: :eek: :eek:

CaptainMorgan4
March 28th, 2007, 20:46
Well said, I can't wait for the 3.30 OE-A especially for the updated PSX emulator, should have more games running better. Hopefully this update will fix problems like the Resident Evil 2 glitches, anyone know why Sony just went from 3.11-3.30 what happened to 3.20?

Solidsnake3000
March 28th, 2007, 22:02
Well said, I can't wait for the 3.30 OE-A especially for the updated PSX emulator, should have more games running better. Hopefully this update will fix problems like the Resident Evil 2 glitches, anyone know why Sony just went from 3.11-3.30 what happened to 3.20?

its jus lik whn sony went from 3.03 to 3.10 who knows wat sony is thinking but i wis you can play y video in the video folder like rmvb because those files are small and you n get them from anywere:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

doclane
March 28th, 2007, 23:11
they now have the changelog up on scea.

The PSP® system software version 3.30 update includes the following:

Game
Support for PLAYSTATION®Network titles has been expanded.
Network
Support for thumbnail images of items has been added under [RSS Channel].

Video
Support for thumbnail images of videos that are stored in the "VIDEO" folder of Memory Stick Duo™ media has been added.
The following types of files can now be played in the "VIDEO" folder.
– MPEG-4/H.264 AVC Main Profile (AVC CABAC) video files of the following sizes:
720 X 480, 352 X 480, or 480 X 272
* Depending on the data type, some files cannot be played.

Settings
[Use Wireless Hotspot] has been added as a feature under [Network Settings].

Cokemusic
March 28th, 2007, 23:18
The P$P® system software version 3.30 update includes the following

Game
Support for PLAYSTATION®Network titles has been expanded. HARDLY ANYONE CARES
Network
Support for thumbnail images of items has been added under [RSS Channel].HARDLY ANYONE CARES

Video
Support for thumbnail images of videos that are stored in the "VIDEO" folder of Memory Stick Duo™ media has been added. HARDLY ANYONE CARES
The following types of files can now be played in the "VIDEO" folder.
– MPEG-4/H.264 AVC Main Profile (AVC CABAC) video files of the following sizes:
720 X 480, 352 X 480, or 480 X 272 TOOK YOUR LONG ENOUGH
* Depending on the data type, some files cannot be played.GREAT.....

***************Small Print*********

We are aware that this firmware update is pretty much as useless as the previous 3 updates, and most of the things should have been implemented at an earlier stage however at $ony we do not desire to offer the same quality service our competitors do as it is bad for profits. Please enjoy your crappy updates while we enjoy your hard earned cash.

CaptainMorgan4
March 29th, 2007, 00:06
PSX games list has increased, how is that not a great thing, games such as Resident Evil 2 might work now.

Gold Line
March 29th, 2007, 00:17
PSX games list has increased, how is that not a great thing, games such as Resident Evil 2 might work now.

thats if dark alex makes this into a OE firmwere

gunntims0103
March 29th, 2007, 01:17
i like that Sony is updating there ps1 on psp emulator. Adding more video support is a bonus. I can't wait to see if dax has a crack at this new firmware.

CaptainMorgan4
March 29th, 2007, 03:12
thats if dark alex makes this into a OE firmwere

He has made a CF for every firmware from 2.7 up if I'm not mistaken, only reason he didn't do a 3.11 is because it was just a security update. WHEN the firmware is decrypted and DaX gets working he will make a 3.30 OE-A I can almost promise you that.

wiredforpower
March 29th, 2007, 03:31
no thanks.

Dont do drugs, dont do unhacked updates kids.

vitz3
March 29th, 2007, 04:03
Has anyone tried using the pops plugin with this firmware? The one that allows you to use other pops settings/emu's on the current OE?

pibs
March 29th, 2007, 04:09
nope cuz theres no decrypter yet i think

Mike900
March 31st, 2007, 13:58
[hey you guys here about sonys latest ps3 updates apparantly the made a new ps3 upate that had an error on it it was 1.3 summin like that 100 peeps upgraded to and now there ps2 has be sent to sony out on the warranty proves how good there crappy updates are i made my dad made one for me as we is well good at this 3.10 ble but i cant upload it to the net to big of a file so i uploaded to limewire search it its homebrew enabled and downgradedable ..

Kichigai Mentat
April 3rd, 2007, 07:42
[hey you guys here about sonys latest ps3 updates apparantly the made a new ps3 upate that had an error on it it was 1.3 summin like that 100 peeps upgraded to and now there ps2 has be sent to sony out on the warranty proves how good there crappy updates are i made my dad made one for me as we is well good at this 3.10 ble but i cant upload it to the net to big of a file so i uploaded to limewire search it its homebrew enabled and downgradedable ..

Wow, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Let's do this mailing-list style and break it down piece by piece.

hey you guys here about sonys latest ps3 updates apparantly the made a new ps3 upate that had an error on it it was 1.3 summin like that 100 peeps upgraded to and now there ps2 has be sent to sony out on the warranty
Uhh, no, I haven't. Then again, I don't own a PS3, so unless it makes Kotaku, Gizmodo, or Engadget, I don't hear about it.

proves how good there crappy updates are i made my dad made one for me as we is well good at this 3.10 ble
Huh? I'm not quote sure what you're trying to say here, so I'm going to guess that your father crafted a 3.10 OE-A or A' for you, and this somehow proves the quality of Sony's Firmware.

Well, truth be told, you're taking far more risks with a custom firmware than you are with an official Sony firmware. Provided that you have more than 60% battery power, and an AC adapter hooked up to your PSP, the official upgrades are very, very, very safe. With homebrew firmware, you have to make sure your DAXR didn't somehow become corrupted, and make sure you have 100% legit 3.10 and 1.50 firmware eBoots. Of course, the checksumming included in the 3.10 OE-A upgrader pretty much reduces these issues to practically nil, and custom firmware is VERY VERY safe, but it still has a degree more risk than Sony's.

It's worth noting, however, that all the OE (Open Edition) and CE (Custom Edition) firmwares are about >90% Sony code. 3.10 OE-A is substantially official 3.10 code with some 1.50 code, and a little bit of Dark_Alex flavor thrown in. Not to say that Dark_Alex hasn't put any effort into his work, but most of what you'll see on the screen was programmed by Sony, all Dark_Alex do was figure out how to remove all the lock-outs, implement plug-ins, and provide a Recovery Mode. So, in the end, what you're working with isn't too different from "there (sic) crappy updates."

However, the advantage of having an official firmware is that it doesn't void your warranty. If for some reason your PSP needs some official Sony repairs, they can deny your warranty, and (possible, but not likely) refuse a repair all together. Or they could just stick the latest firmware on there for you too. Either way, you're kind of boned. (For the record, I'm running 3.10 OE-A' and I love it, I've modified three other PSPs, and have assisted a couple others, so I'm not Anti-Homebrew, but facts are facts)

BTW: if Sony screwed up a PS3 firmware upgrade, doesn't it stand to reason that they could just release an upgrade patch? Like OE-A moves to OE-A', couldn't Sony go from 1.30 to 1.31? Doesn't make sense that you'd have to send in your PS3 for a first party software failure.

but i cant upload it to the net to big of a file so i uploaded to limewire search it its homebrew enabled and downgradedable ..

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2918/wtf011as3.th.jpg (http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wtf011as3.jpg)

Well, first, Firmware 3.10 OE-A is a common enough and easy thing to build, and to find the components for. QuickJump's downloads page has all you'll ever need.

Second: LimeWire is actually just a Gnutella network. Small error, easy enough to make.

Third: The Gnutella network is decentralized. If you're sharing this thing, we have to be connected to the same hubs. Since default hub connection is totally random, it's not likely that we would bump into you on there, unless you told us which hub you were connected to and we force-connected to it

Fourth: you didn't tell us what to search for.

I'm not trying to flame, or troll, or be mean, but this is the way things are. Homebrew firmware isn't safer than official firmware, 3.10 OE-A is common enough, sharing on Gnutella isn't like seeding a torrent. Oh, and I don't mean to sound like a grammar nazi, but next time you post, please use punctuation. It makes your posts a hundred times easier to read. The way things are now, it's hard to tell where one idea ends and another begins. </rant>