PDA

View Full Version : Worms Update

Darksaviour69
March 28th, 2007, 11:43
via Martyn Brown's (studio director of Team17 Software), blog (http://spadget17.blogspot.com/2007/03/worms-update.html)

We're finalising the update to Worms for XBLA which fixes a few issues (the major one being a problem with 4-player games crashing - although this is currently eased if the host waits for 10-20 seconds until the audible 'beeps' of other players trying to join stops). This update has to go through another certification loop before we can release it. I'll post again when there's news on when that might be, but these things tend to take a little bit of time.

We've also fixed a couple of exploitation issues that have been brought to our attention and also a couple of silly things that crept through the testing net. I'll post a full list when the update goes live (I don't wish to point out some of the exploits!).

Downloadable content is coming soon too, the first lot should include a new theme, a bunch of audio we couldn't fit into the 50mb limit (present at the time we did Worms and recently raised to 150mb), a stack of additional voice-banks and the usual themes & gamer-pics.

By the way, we've had people grumbling about the word-filter on the game, we'd like to point out that this is Microsoft's not ours! :-)