PDA

View Full Version : Review: My R4 Review (*NEW UPDATE 1.7*)

naruto777
March 28th, 2007, 14:02
Here's the link:

Link here (http://z6.invisionfree.com/R4_Forum/index.php?showtopic=2&st=0#entry1693333)

I put quite some work in there, but it's still being updated by me. If anybody could recommend me something I'm missing, please feel free to email me at [email protected]. Also send me some feedback here...

Chameleon
March 28th, 2007, 14:08
good job, very clear to understand... keep up the good work

naruto777
March 28th, 2007, 14:14
good job, very clear to understand... keep up the good work

whoa, thanks. i thouught i was gonna get loads of flame posts...

CrashCat
March 28th, 2007, 15:40
The only thing that bugs me is how casually you mention the whole DLDI thing there. It's a pretty important part of using an R4 and many people picking up a box probably would have no idea what it's about. Depends on what your audience is though I guess.

naruto777
March 28th, 2007, 15:44
The only thing that bugs me is how casually you mention the whole DLDI thing there. It's a pretty important part of using an R4 and many people picking up a box probably would have no idea what it's about. Depends on what your audience is though I guess.

alright! ill try to improve, just not today, though... thanks for the feedback!

naruto777
April 2nd, 2007, 13:23
omg, when i looked in NDS Reviews and didnt find my review i was abouut to freak out....

bandit
April 2nd, 2007, 13:48
Sorry, I moved it here.

naruto777
April 3rd, 2007, 16:35
no problem. think you can link my review in yours? pleeeeeeeeaaaaaase?

naruto777
April 4th, 2007, 17:36
ah, yes, can people please rep me too, if you think i did a nice job?

naruto777
April 9th, 2007, 21:15
anyways, any feedback is welcome. And if anybody could suupply me wih better pics, thatd be great.

bandit
April 9th, 2007, 21:20
You can get bigger pics either from R4's website or any of the sites that sell R4s. You can go to my review for some links to sellers to grab images.

naruto777
April 10th, 2007, 16:44
are you sure? well, thanks a bunch:). Ill try to find pics on my own first though.

paul3100
May 13th, 2008, 12:39
Lol features on an R4? Hmmm let me see!!!

None actually , well auto DLDI which pretty much all cards use these days but doesn't actually support clear roms (un patched) so could be a problem with compatibility in the future.

A good card for beginners or as you said in your review naruto777 " Good for NDS backups "

Nice review though :-)

paul

freestile
April 1st, 2009, 06:19
Hey man great review. I dont know much about the r4 or any of those devices but I think this got me really interested. Although I love the homebrew and you mentioned some of the ones you tried didnt work, I'm just wondering if theres anything better out there. But with the future coders adapting to what you said about dldi or whatever this seems awesome. I have one question though.

You mentioned microsd cards and that it can take upto 4gbs correct?? Well are the Micro SDSDHC ones the same as just microsd cards?? Not to sure there as I'm a little confused, and I know you said it could take upto 4gb cards, but these microsdsdhc cards look like theres 8gb and 16gb cards. Are these compatible or is it just microsd and not microsdsdhc?? That would be nice if you could get a 8gb or 16gb for this. Either way man good review.

blackrave
April 1st, 2009, 17:20
This makes me want to buy a DSi. I'll wait until it drops a bit in price and the R4i becomes more available. Thanks. :)