PDA

View Full Version : SEGA And Nintendo Join Forces For Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

wraggster
March 28th, 2007, 15:53
Heres the amazing press release:

http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/m_s_artwork.jpg

SEGAŽ Corporation and Nintendo Co. Ltd. today made a historical announcement that two of the biggest icons in the entertainment industry, Mario™ and Sonic™, are joining forces to star in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. Developed for the Wii™ video game system and the Nintendo DS™ system, this momentous agreement marks the first time these two renowned stars have appeared together in a game.

Published by SEGA across Europe and North America, and published by Nintendo in the Japanese market, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games will be available for Christmas 2007 and is licensed through a worldwide partnership with International Sports Multimedia (ISM), the exclusive interactive entertainment software licensee of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).

In Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, players will compete in events that take place in environments based on the official venues of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. Using a supporting cast of characters from the amazing worlds of both Mario and Sonic, gamers will be able to compete as or against a range of lovable personalities including Mario, Sonic, Luigi™, Knuckles™, YoshiŽ, Tails™ and more. Innovative usage of the Wii and DS control systems to maneuver a favourite character will allow players to race the likes of Mario and Sonic down the 100m track, engage in exhilarating rallies in table tennis and churn water in a swimming heat, all while competing for the much sought after gold medal.

“We are thrilled to partner with Nintendo and ISM on this groundbreaking title,” said Hisao Oguchi, President and Chief Operating Officer, SEGA Corporation. “For the first time, two of the world’s greatest games’ characters come together to compete in the world’s greatest sporting event and we couldn’t be more excited.”

“Mario and Sonic have been respectful rivals since the early days of video games,” says Shigeru Miyamoto, Senior Managing Director and General Manager, Entertainment Analysis and Development Division, Nintendo Co., Ltd.. “In fact, for a long time they have been discussing the possibility of one day competing against each other. Now that they have been given the perfect opportunity to meet at the Olympic Games, we may finally learn who is actually faster, Mario or Sonic?”

“The Olympic Games represent the true spirit of competition and passion,” said Raymond Goldsmith, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of ISM. “Bringing together intensely competitive and fun characters like Mario and Sonic in an Olympic setting helps showcase the sports of the Olympic Games in a new and compelling way for all generations.”

Awesome News for the Gaming World

tsimehC
March 28th, 2007, 15:58
W00t!!!! Sounds awesome!

JKKDARK
March 28th, 2007, 16:05
Sonic is faster

tsimehC
March 28th, 2007, 16:06
Sonic is faster BUT Mario will win the hammer throw!

M Dash
March 28th, 2007, 16:08
Finally, Another reason for me to buy a Wii! :P

Sonic and The Secret Rings is the other one.. lool

Basil Zero
March 28th, 2007, 16:12
ok thats it

theres too many games which convince me

Super Paper Mario and SSBB already convinced me to get a wii first

now this game has convinced me to get it NOW!

RV2006
March 28th, 2007, 16:30
It will probably be a cool game,

that is, so long as nintendo makes most of it..

jason867
March 28th, 2007, 16:35
Early April Fools??

mnky
March 28th, 2007, 16:35
This sounds awful

Darksaviour69
March 28th, 2007, 16:58
Early April Fools??

no its an official press release (seen it myself)

Xiofire
March 28th, 2007, 17:05
If you asked someone, back in the days of the Megadrive and the Snes, "do you think Mario and Sonic will ever be in a game together?" they would probably laugh in your face and say "Never"
Cool that they are now i guess, but wouldn't Sonic just "pwnz0r" everyone in the running events?
-Xiofire

oosername05
March 28th, 2007, 17:20
I am a huge sonic fan, and this game seems like a failure to me. In my opinion nintendo destroyed the sole image of sonic, one my favorite videogame characters.

Christuserloeser
March 28th, 2007, 17:37
I guess this will be better than the twenty or so previous Sonic games together.

Gunnex
March 28th, 2007, 17:41
We'll see how good it is, I may get it myself.
But for legal pruposes:
ZOMG 17'5 T3H 4P0C4L1P53 W3 411 4R3 601N6 2 D13 >:D

thebawp
March 28th, 2007, 18:12
Did hell just freeze over?

titch.ryan
March 28th, 2007, 18:41
wow the two coolest videogame characters in one game.

mastersho
March 28th, 2007, 18:46
Now the age old agruement will be settled: Who's the best, Sonic or Mario?

souLLy
March 28th, 2007, 21:18
surely the end of the world is upon us...
;)

jdnation
March 28th, 2007, 21:20
I'd rather they included Sonic in Smash Bros Brawl...

wiredforpower
March 28th, 2007, 21:23
are you kidding? Sonic would blaze past everyone

Xcliber
March 28th, 2007, 21:39
this is truly the greatest day in gaming history!
Now I can finaly prove to the world that TAILS beats the crap out of Sonic and Mario combined!!!!
w00t!!

latoshi
March 28th, 2007, 22:13
sonic and mario rule and if this gets me one of those write ups im srry but everyone is looking on this one srry lol

you like my new sig?

Ennohex
March 28th, 2007, 22:21
Gees, and it's not even April 1st

:P

Dull Blade
March 28th, 2007, 22:47
This would not be a fair match. Sonic is a very athletic character, and mario is a plumber that often consumes magic mushrooms. Mario would get disqualified for failing to pass the drug test.

DragonPimpsta
March 29th, 2007, 01:35
wtf... mario couldnt possibly compete with sonic in a race, unless he gets a star or something, or sonic eats a poisoned mushroom.. but yea i agree mario will win shotput. or hammerthrow, whatever it is, lol...

DragonPimpsta
March 29th, 2007, 01:36
This would not be a fair match. Sonic is a very athletic character, and mario is a plumber that often consumes magic mushrooms. Mario would get disqualified for failing to pass the drug test.

lmao... he can do flips tho.. lmao failing drug test

Amethyst
March 29th, 2007, 12:02
I am a huge sonic fan, and this game seems like a failure to me. In my opinion nintendo destroyed the sole image of sonic, one my favorite videogame characters.

How in the hell did Nintendo destroy Sonic? Don't you mean SEGA was close to killing Sonic with crap games and inane anime plots? Sonic Rush is on a Nintendo handheld and it is one of the best Sonic games ever.

On topic, Sonic would fail swimming. The guy is slow as f'ck underwater. He'd win track, anything with jumping, and any sport when speed's the advantage.

Mario would win anything with climbing, throwing, and basketball.

werpu
March 29th, 2007, 12:15
Ahem Sonic Rush and the Wii Sonic belong to the best.
The Wii Sonic finally got 3d dead right for this game!

Sp3ct0r
March 30th, 2007, 04:56
Awsome, im gonna make an animated GIF about this, and here it is: http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6053/mariovknuckleswj3.gif

JKKDARK
March 30th, 2007, 12:47
Awsome, im gonna make an animated GIF about this, and here it is: http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6053/mariovknuckleswj3.gif

lol I agree with the image ;)

CSPERFECTGT
March 30th, 2007, 14:55
sonic sucks!!!he is the most antipathetic character ever!i'm sure mario will kick his ass!!!