PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden backflips the DS - literally

wraggster
March 28th, 2007, 17:55
In the second announcement of the day, DOA dev Tecmo has revealed that its excellent slash-em-up series Ninja Gaiden is heading to DS, reports Famitsu.

Interestingly, Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (another excellent use of the DS initials) has the player holding the console in a vertical manor ala Brain Training, for a more forward-looking view of the action.

Events play out in a 3D top-down view and the whole game is played using just the DS stylus. Other than that we can't really pull much information from the Famitsu article (Mike needs more Japanese lessons), but we'll let you know when more info surfaces from the Far East.

Screen Here (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=160839)

lightningdude
March 28th, 2007, 19:33
babelfish.altavista.com

This webpage can translate websites from most languages to most languages. Including Japanese to English.

Tegamal
March 28th, 2007, 21:46
This sounds incredibly dumb, imo.

Some people should take a look at Dawn of Souls or Portrait of Ruin or New Super Mario Bros. & realize these classic side scrollers should remain just that.

toymin80r
March 28th, 2007, 23:58
This sounds incredibly dumb, imo.

Some people should take a look at Dawn of Souls or Portrait of Ruin or New Super Mario Bros. & realize these classic side scrollers should remain just that.

I couldn't agree more, just how would it look with a top-down view on the camera when you jump? I'm pretty sure it would be a lot better when its in its 2d version, like the NES Ninja Gaidens, but Itagaki always seems to know what to do, so hopefully it'll turn out good.

KendiKong
March 29th, 2007, 00:58
i actually think its good that they are trying to innovate a little. that kind of thing is rare with 3rd party devs.

Guess they're just getting a little tired of being outsold by nintendo games all the time.

ShinMike
March 29th, 2007, 08:39
i dont know, but it looks good at least, and thats a good start

Tegamal
March 29th, 2007, 13:10
One thing that annoys me about DS games is the fact alot of the time, they cram touch screen support into the game when really there's no need.

Look at NSMB, the touch screen is used to hold extra items, you don't control mario with it. Same with the Castlevania games I mentioned. They use the touch screen, but not so much that it feels unnatural. There's alot of games out there that use the touch screen wonderfully (ie: Metroid Prime Hunters, Magnetica, MvsDK2...), but don't force it.