PDA

View Full Version : DSOrganize 2.7 Alpha 3

wraggster
March 28th, 2007, 19:26
DragonMinded (http://dragonminded.blogspot.com/) has updated his organiser app/web browser for the DS

heres whats new:.

- Fix for corruption bug on creating new files or directories.
- Added quicksearch feature to hold people over until forms (eg: typing "g DSOrganize" to do a google search for DSOrganize).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

msnguy
March 28th, 2007, 20:28
this looks good. but we want picturesupport! :)

Joel92
March 28th, 2007, 21:55
we do, but that will be hard.... really hard. more ram will have to be incorperated with the program, and this is from dslinux links browser i think... so it will be hard for it to support pictures.

TeenDev
March 28th, 2007, 23:18
Dragon develops on a GABMP and NinjaSD which have no added RAM to them, picture support would be hard to add to his web browser unless he stored it in some kind of cache. Picture support probably will not be supported for a while (if ever). If Dragon was going to add picture support he would make a standalone browser. Still, Dragon, I'm glad to see tht you fixed those curuption issues u were talkin about on IRC.

jedimaster12
March 29th, 2007, 01:23
Has anyone got this to work on their MMD?

TeenDev
March 29th, 2007, 01:36
patch it with DLDI and rename to bootme.nds and dont forget to patch exec_stub.bin

DanTheManMS
March 29th, 2007, 03:51
In my eyes, image support shouldn't be TOO hard, though I'm not a programmer so I'm not going to even start to believe myself to know how much effort it will actually take.

The way I view it, his browser is mostly just using his already-existing Wifi code + his already existing filesystem to download an HTML page from the Internet and use the already-existing HTML parser to display the output on the screen, plus support for links and such. Most of it was already there. Now DSOrganize already has the ability to render images, and though I realize that it would be fairly different, it could potentially be used and implemented in the browser. The tricky part would be relatively large images, as these aren't even supported by DSO's standalone image viewer as it is.

TeenDev
March 29th, 2007, 04:03
In my eyes, image support shouldn't be TOO hard, though I'm not a programmer so I'm not going to even start to believe myself to know how much effort it will actually take.

The way I view it, his browser is mostly just using his already-existing Wifi code + his already existing filesystem to download an HTML page from the Internet and use the already-existing HTML parser to display the output on the screen, plus support for links and such. Most of it was already there. Now DSOrganize already has the ability to render images, and though I realize that it would be fairly different, it could potentially be used and implemented in the browser. The tricky part would be relatively large images, as these aren't even supported by DSO's standalone image viewer as it is.

not quite, i am a programmer and I toyed with the idea of making a browser but when I started it was very hard that I quit. It's not as simple as downloading an html file and I think dragon doesn't want to deal with most of the dirty stuff so he is borrowing code from retwaq or watever. image support wil be unlikely I think unless he finds some way to render and download images to some sort of cache.

JonLem
March 29th, 2007, 04:03
I hate to ask a silly question, but how would one go about getting this to work on an R4? I keep getting an error message.
Would a DLDI patch do the trick?

DanTheManMS
March 29th, 2007, 04:08
Max, I'm pretty sure DSOrganize has had its own HTML parser for ages, as it looks nothing like Retawq or Links, not to mention the fact that DragonMinded usually updates us on some HTML rendering fixes with each release. The web browser just downloads the HTML file to \DSOrganize\Cache and runs the file through the HTML renderer. It doesn't render the page dynamically as it's being downloaded like the Opera browser does. If you go to that folder while offline you'll see all the pages you've browsed to. I'm simply saying that perhaps images could be handled in a similar fashion, that's all.

JonLem, yes, DLDI will be needed. First download version 2.61 and place it on your card, patching \DSOrganize\Resources\exec_stub.bin with the correct DLDI patch (this file is used for booting other homebrew). Download the updated Alpha 3 and copy it to your card, overwriting the previous files, and then patch DSOrganize.nds with the correct DLDI patch.

darth_grantius
March 29th, 2007, 06:27
hey, im new to this site, i have used DS homebrew on my GBAMP with Passcard 3 for a few months now just before liksang shut down, and GBA homebrew for a year. no more homebrew for new zealand DS users now as trademe nothing on it lol

just saying you guys are awesome and that i really am inspired by your work. i have a quick question, im using this on my GBAMP and when i go to type a page URL in it freezes for some reason, and when i reboot my DS it says slot 1 is empty. i turn it off and it works fine? what gives?

DragonMinded
March 29th, 2007, 08:55
not quite, i am a programmer and I toyed with the idea of making a browser but when I started it was very hard that I quit. It's not as simple as downloading an html file and I think dragon doesn't want to deal with most of the dirty stuff so he is borrowing code from retwaq or watever. image support wil be unlikely I think unless he finds some way to render and download images to some sort of cache.

Borrowing from retawq? You guys need to stop making rediculous claims and assumptions. I wrote the entire HTTP downloader and HTML parser from scratch. Besides, DSO already caches html pages.

jojotjuh
March 29th, 2007, 14:52
this looks good. but we want picturesupport! :)

I bet you wanted this fix better, as, in the previous versions, it would save files in the cahche iles wrongly, with inappropriate filenames with unallowed char,s and saving files for over TB's large (yes it actually said the dsorganize used over 3 TB on my pc, because of this glitched files)

Thanks dragon for your hard work and this needed fix :D !

cheesypoof5
April 6th, 2007, 04:59
Thanks DragonMinded, your work is awesome! Keep it up!