PDA

View Full Version : Eepinator - EEPROM backup tool (Rein clone with DLDI)

wraggster
March 28th, 2007, 20:02
News/release from Josath (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=12848)

Basically all it does is copy from EEPROM to FAT, and copy from FAT to EEPROM.
Super basic text UI.
Reads the game ID from the header to auto-name the backup save files.
There are a couple other basic features I will add (like support for SRAM, and a hex viewer)

It MAY work for some slot-1 card users, because I have a bunch of pauses in there (so you can insert the right card at the right time). But I've heard that it wont work for some cards because inserting the slot-1 flashcart causes a reset. (the reset never happens with a commercial game cart it seems, I can pop my metroid cart in & out all day long with no reset, so this is quite odd)

Let me know if it works, or if it wipes out your precious save games :)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Nold
March 29th, 2007, 09:21
Workes pretty well, I hope there will be savegames to download in the future...

mac_jae00
June 3rd, 2007, 22:35
how do you use it btw? and do you mean FAT on the computer or somewhere on the ds?

[FFM]-AC/DC
June 4th, 2007, 14:12
This is what I used with my SCLite, works great and very easy to use.

Tom Whitaker
June 12th, 2007, 14:27
Complete n00b here - I have an R4DS and tried using Savsender, but it could never connect to my router, so I've now bought a Supercard Lite with SuperKey for the sole purpose of transferring my save games.

The SCL and SK have turned up with no documentation, so I'm at a complete loss as to what to do. I've had a scan of the official site, but there's so much broken English I'm pretty much none the wiser.

I've put a blank MicroSD into my card reader, installed and run 'Supercard v2.60 for Micro SD Pro Version', fed it the eepinator.nds file - which I'd previously patched using the Windows GUI DLDI patcher (dlditool-win32-gui) and the sclt.dldi file - then transferred the two files it generates (eepinator.nds.dsq and eepinator.nds.sav) to the SuperCardLite and tried to run it, only to get two blank white screens. Is there something I'm missing?

Tom Whitaker
June 12th, 2007, 14:40
I can't try this now, but do I also need the original .nds file on there too?

zauberer
June 12th, 2007, 20:24
I am most used to savsender (seems easier to me) to work with slot-1 devices.

I want to know if there is something but for GBA games.

There must be something, I thought that this worked, but I can't take a file of GBA sav.

<Offtopic>
Tom: have you tried this? --> http://scdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=75237
The guide works with R4DS.

Tom Whitaker
June 12th, 2007, 22:02
Thanks mate but no, that doesn't work for me. It just sticks at "welcome to savsender 1.1" and that's it.

[FFM]-AC/DC
June 12th, 2007, 23:43
I can't try this now, but do I also need the original .nds file on there too?

Here should be a link to a prepatched Eepinator file for the SCLite.
http://rapidshare.com/files/36802395/eepinator.zip

All you'll have to do is load it onto the microSD card that you put into your SCLite, use your R4 to boot into Slot-2, select the Eepinator.nds file from the SCLite menu, load it up, press start and when it gets to the screen with DS Cart Info and such switch out your R4 for an actual DS game and select DS Cart--->File and it will copy your save over to the microSD card.

Tom Whitaker
June 13th, 2007, 20:52
Thanks for that. Unfortunately I only have one microsd card to hand, so I have to boot up, run eepinator off the r4ds, then switch out the cart for the game like you suggest, and at the same time put my microsd into the SCL. It checks the game info, tells me to press start, asks if I'm ready to write to FAT, I press start again and nothing happens. I wonder if it's trying to write to the R4DS, which is no longer there, but is where eepinator ran from?!

I do have a superkey but nothing I load off the SCL works - I just get white screens! Am I meant to run the .nds file you linked to through the SuperCard Lite manager, get it to output those files, and use that? I'll try that now.

Tom Whitaker
June 13th, 2007, 21:59
As far as I've got is to get Rein loading off my SCL, using the Superkey to boot it, but although it says it's succeeding in dumping the saves, they're nowhere to be found on the card :(

[FFM]-AC/DC
June 13th, 2007, 22:58
The .nds file i sent you a link to needs to be run off of the supercard lite. so you'll need to be able to boot to the supercardlite menu with that microSD card loaded with the .nds file. Then once you load up the .nds file using the SCLite it will dump the save file onto the root of the microSD card. The save file should be named something like this.....NEW_MARIO-07-06-13_17.56.43.sav

Tom Whitaker
June 14th, 2007, 21:14
Thanks. I know that's what the plan was - running it off the R4DS was a work-around as, aside from Rein, I haven't been able to get a single .nds file loaded off my SCLite (Rumble version, does that matter?), including ones which happily run off my R4DS.

Could you confirm 2 things for me?

1. What does the Supercard software do? The one which I feed an .nds and it outputs two files, one of them a save. Is that something I need to do with your eepinator file? I haven't, but your last post implied that I don't need to.

2. What is DLDI? I've tried looking, but I just don't get it!

Tom Whitaker
June 14th, 2007, 22:17
Finally got eepinator working on the SCL, just had to upgrade to v1.82 of the firmware and then the file you sent me ran perfectly. Many thanks.

[FFM]-AC/DC
June 14th, 2007, 23:59
Surething, glad you got it working, I never gave the firmware a thought, guess I just figured most people run the newest.

DanTheManMS
June 17th, 2007, 22:34
Okay, this might help clear up some confusion. The Supercard patcher there is only for commercial games. Homebrew games should be copied directly to the card and run from there. The only patching that homebrew sometimes needs is DLDI (will get to that in a minute).

However, the Supercard Rumble series previously had an issue where anything compiled with the latest r20 release of DevKitARM would not boot at all, so you'd have to launch it from DSOrganize or Moonshell for it to launch. With the 1.8x firmware update, the Supercard team fixed this issue, so now many homebrew applications boot that previously did not.

DLDI is basically filesystem access code. The developer reserves 32 kb of space for filesystem access code, and you then patch in the code for your specific device. The easiest method of doing this is using DLDIrc aka "DLDI right click" which adds a right-click menu to all *.nds files.

See http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/DLDI for a bit more info about DLDI.

xcjzerox
August 2nd, 2007, 22:56
how do i make this work for the max media dock

izy521
January 26th, 2008, 01:22
Not sure what happend, I'm using Datels Games 'n' Music. When i try saving the Eeprom from a GBA game to FAT it works. But once i try putting the Rom file back onto the GBA game it says Verify Failed at 01 bytes.

Bowser N64
February 26th, 2008, 05:15
This is Bowser. I like your software, but it doesn't seem to create an eeprom for me. I patched it and everything. What is wrong?

csturges
March 8th, 2009, 00:36
OKay, so I'm new to this. Recently I got my friends other DS Lite and I was thinking about buying a CycloDS Evolution card as I've gotten pretty far in some games using the No$Gba emulator. Anyway, details aside, how could I rip the .sav files to my actual cartridges.using this card with the backup tool?

Bowser N64
March 20th, 2009, 16:52
Ah. I have NO CLUE.

luigi14444
May 4th, 2009, 22:27
hello i have been using your eepinator progam and its works fine on the max media dock (slot 2 device) but the same way one is moving epproms from fat to the cart in comercial ds. can one do this to a commercial gba cart game, and if one can, how can this be done.

xcjzerox
March 14th, 2010, 19:29
funny part, it doesn't work for HeartGold or soulsilver is there something else ???