PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Multiboot loader.

Ramono
March 29th, 2007, 15:24
I don't have much experience with coding for the NDS, and i dont know if it is possible, but it could be a nice idea.

Like most of u know the NDS has a RSA singature check when loading a multiboot game, and some people don't want to flash thier DS to remove it.

So it can be a nice idea to make a Homebrew Loader witch loads a multiboot game without checking for a RSA code, and if possible even run from the DS memory and remove itself when the game is loaded, then the flashcard can be removed to start thesame process on another NDS.

Edit: maybe another option is:
If the RSA checker isnt in the write protected part of the firmware, maybe remove it.

Bami
March 30th, 2007, 11:06
Well, to run homebrew, you already need to run unsigned code, so why would you need unsigned code to run unsigned code?

The RSA checker is in the write-protected part of the firmware, and that is the original reason flashme was developed, to bypass the RSA checking.

BerserkerGutts
April 9th, 2007, 00:00
so if i flash my ds and i run a multiboot game on it off of an m3, can somebody else w/o a flashed ds join my game?

or if i flash my ds, and somebody else starts a multiboot game on a non flashed ds off an offical cart, would i be able to join their game?

kinda confused.

DanTheManMS
April 9th, 2007, 00:52
If the receiving DS is flashed, it won't do the RSA check. The host DS can be either flashed or unflashed, your choice.