PDA

View Full Version : Real-time commentary for FIFA

wraggster
March 29th, 2007, 20:34
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=160994)

Football games are bigger than ever before, raking in millions for the likes of EA and Konami. But what does 'next-gen' really mean for football games? Well, less repetitive commentary for a start...

Speaking to CVG recently about the future of football games and their move to next-gen systems, Andrew Wilson, executive producer of football, EA explained, "We ran out of space on the disc with current gen. Last year's FIFA had 26 leagues, 15 thousand players, kits, players, stadiums, audio and music, you just run out of space. The next gen discs have got more space so in the short term we will have much more commentary on our games."

Wilson believes that the online sides of PS3 and 360 are where developers can really take football to a new level. "Looking long term, these consoles are now online. And I would love to think that we can start to pump dynamic commentary into the game on a weekly basis so you never hear the same thing twice.

"But think about competitions. Imagine having commentators popping up to commentate on interactive games. So you're not reliant on commentary from our game anymore, you got someone who gets online and comments every week instead, who then gets a reputation."

Food for thought? Look out for our full interview with Wilson in the coming days where he talks more about the evolution of football, gives his opinions on the age-old rivalry between FIFA and PES and discusses how the crowd will play a bigger part in the performance of your team on the pitch.

Tree
March 29th, 2007, 21:04
:D nd haha XBOX360 anit got the space for it ... go blu-ray :D

mavsman4457
March 29th, 2007, 22:25
This is the first bit of news that I have heard about FIFA for PS3. Three cheers for soccer...errr football...futbol?

Tree
March 29th, 2007, 23:18
lmao :p i cant tell ur from the USA lmao :P soccer ... football :p i like indoor soccer dats the bullocks or street

anyone remmber on fifa 95 u could choose to b indoor or on a proper football match i so miss that ... it was well good

JKKDARK
March 29th, 2007, 23:30
Fifa games and the other EA Sports games suck. I hate these generic games.

Tree
March 29th, 2007, 23:41
Fifa games and the other EA Sports games suck. I hate these generic games.

m8 i love erm ... but i only buy 1 4 each console :P got 95 4 PC :P got 99 for PS1 nd 05 4 PS2

mavsman4457
March 30th, 2007, 02:33
The EA games are known for being subpar to par in simulation games but when it comes to street they do their work and would probably beat any competition if there were any. As for the indoor soccer that Tree mentioned, let's call it football because even thought I live in the states it sounds really official to call it football. Anyways, I would love to have indoor football in a fifa game. I play football and I have played indoor football and I am a keeper. The action that I get in indoor is so much more frequent than outdoor and it's much more fast-paced. It actually could convert some of the silly americans that don't appreciate football and call it "slow and boring." Great idea Tree. I feel british now.

mnuhaily22
March 30th, 2007, 08:12
Nice news, lookin forward to it...