PDA

View Full Version : EBGames says Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition on the way

Shrygue
March 29th, 2007, 21:25
via Nintendo Wii Fanboy (http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/03/29/ebgames-says-resident-evil-4-wii-edition-on-the-way/)

According to a preorder listing found on EBGames' website, a new Wii version of Resident Evil 4 will be released on June 25th for $30. While we don't have any details on it, other than that EB thinks it exists, we can speculate about what it will include: the PS2 extras, if we're lucky, and a new Wiimote control scheme.

It seems a little shocking that companies are already porting Gamecube games to the Wii, although Shigeru Miyamoto hinted at the prospect back in August. We can't wait to see how one of the Gamecube's most impressive games benefits from the power of a second, taped-on Gamecube.

JKKDARK
March 29th, 2007, 23:33
It's really good to hear. I hope that Capcom will do the same with RE5 :)

SSaxdude
March 30th, 2007, 00:11
I was going to get it on Gamecube one of these days, but I might hold out for the Wiitacular edition.

ICE
March 30th, 2007, 01:01
holy crap!!! i would buy it and ive had the origional since its release lol

urherenow
March 30th, 2007, 07:18
I don't get it. The Wii is already 100% (as far as I can tell so far) backward compatible. Why does anybody really think it's worth another $30 for an upgraded-OLD-game? That they can already play right now if they really wanted to?

For people like me who don't own it already... ok, it's a maybe. Otherwise I don't see why people waste their money. Rent it if you want, but as long as people pay new game prices for rehashed old stuff Game companies will just keep them coming.

I want something new!!!

Never owned a gamecube so I did buy used stuff that's new for me... Windwaker, Metroid prime 1&2, and a zelda collection with Majora's mask since my N64 got lost in a move before that game came out :P

shiftybill
April 1st, 2007, 05:25
this was one of the best looking, if not the best looking gamecube game, i hope capcom can take advantage of the wii's superior hardware and make it the wii's best looking game, 480p and 16:9 are a must!

Dull Blade
April 1st, 2007, 07:52
THat would be a really great game for the wii. Its too bad I already got it for the gc. If I ever get a wii, I'll rent this, just to see how the controls will be like.