PDA

View Full Version : Monster Rancher Set for DS

wraggster
March 29th, 2007, 22:08
via ign (http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/776/776880p1.html)

Ninja Gaiden DS was just one of a number of DS titles announced by Tecmo in the latest issue of Japan's Weekly Famitsu. The publisher also shared first details on an all new DS entry in the Monster Rancher series. We've translated everything for you right here.

As we've come to expect from the now decade old series (the original game hit the PlayStation in 1997), Monster Rancher DS (or, as its called in Japan, Monster Farm DS) is a simulation game where players create and raise their own monsters, then face them off against CPU and human-controlled opponents.

Tecmo is using putting the DS to full use, primarily in how you go about creating your new friends. You can use the stylus to draw patterns, which are then converted into monsters. You can shout thing into the microphone to create another set of monsters. Or, if you still have Game Boy Advance carts about, these can be inserted into the Game Boy Advance cartridge slot for even more monsters; this takes the place of the CDs that were used to generate monsters in previous Monster Rancher games.

Once you've created a monster, you have a number of ways to train it. New to the DS version is a board game which you can play to raise your monster. Alternatively, you can select training options the old fashioned way, from a menu. Eventually, you'll be able to merge multiple monsters into a super monster and beign climbing the ranks of a monster tournament.

This first DS entry in the Monster Rancher series will feature Wi-Fi Connection compatibility. We presume this means you'll be able to challenge far-off friends to monster duels.

Monster Rancher hits the Japanese DS on 7/12. A US release has yet to be announced.

DancinWookie
March 30th, 2007, 02:24
You may think I'm weird, but I love monster rancher... yet I hate Any form of animation of games. I still have Number 2 for the PSX and hope to play it on my ds one of these days.

wolfpack
March 30th, 2007, 02:47
monster rancher? theres a classic... i might have to get it if it comes to the U.S.

Cap'n 1time
March 30th, 2007, 03:02
Hmm. Its one of the games on my PSX i loved, but never managed to beat. I'd actually consider buying this game.