PDA

View Full Version : This Day in Gaming, March 29th

Shrygue
March 29th, 2007, 22:36
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/this-day-in-gaming/this-day-in-gaming-march-29th-247984.php)

2000: Sony recalls 1.25 million copies of its PS2 Utility Disc. The disc was intended as a DVD-player update for the PS2 and it worked—too well. Japanese PS2 owners were able to watch movies completely without regional restrictions. And I'm sure every customer participated in this recall...the console equivalent to returning your car since it's driving too fast all a sudden.

2003: Blizzard releases The Lost Vikings for GBA in the US. Because once upon a time, Blizzard published games that didn't start with a WoW.

Basil Zero
March 30th, 2007, 00:27
WOW

i didnt know about that sony recalling 1.25 million copies lol

eh, guess i was a hardcore nintendo fanboy back than

wiredforpower
March 30th, 2007, 00:40
haha only in the gaming industry can something work too well.

wolfpack
March 30th, 2007, 01:54
i wish my ps2 worked TOO well

mavsman4457
March 30th, 2007, 02:11
Well at least we know our PSP are all working TOO well. Why do they even have region coding in the first place? To prevent imports? Why would they want to prevent imports if that's the case?

Broadus
March 30th, 2007, 05:51
They're all aristocrats and bureaucrats, absolute whores for money? I'm not sure why imports are bad. But everyone knows it's something to do with money and business.

Y'know, those GBA games were like the only non-Blizzard games that Blizzard likes to mention on their website. I've always been a fan of Starcraft, and when I saw the Blizzard logo in some game called "The Death and Return of Superman", I was confused because they've never bothered mentioning what participation they could've possibly had in that on their website.

Adrenalin
March 30th, 2007, 13:59
I wish Blizzard would return to its greatest game, starcraft. The rest of their games aren't as good.

i would love a sequel or even a ds port.

foxzoner
March 30th, 2007, 14:11
lot of sells...