PDA

View Full Version : Strange GTA LCS 2.0 experience

billyclub22
March 30th, 2007, 01:15
I have the unpatched version and when I went to save the game I saw that the save icon is a CD with the words "Backup #1" on it. Is that supposed to be an indicator of the save exploit, letting you know its there? I've asked this question on other message boards and people are like "WHAT?"

I bought it from eBay, and I know its unpatched cause it has 2.0 on it.

ExcruciationX
March 30th, 2007, 05:07
What the hell?

It could be a pirated UMD, but those are rare.

billyclub22
March 31st, 2007, 04:58
I have a TA-082 w/ 2.82 firmware. Would I still be able to downgrade with this GTA LCS or will it brick if its indeed a pirated UMD? It does have the 2.0 update on it...so...?

Axelius
March 31st, 2007, 08:42
Pirated UMDs?? I've never heard about that! Do they exist or is it just a rumor?

jonezybaby
March 31st, 2007, 10:54
the save icon has backup on it anyways, ive noticed and mine is real

hodgy47
March 31st, 2007, 11:08
I have a TA-082 w/ 2.82 firmware. Would I still be able to downgrade with this GTA LCS or will it brick if its indeed a pirated UMD? It does have the 2.0 update on it...so...?

Thats where your problem lies you have 2.82 firmware running you need to upgrade to 3.03 in order for the save exploit to work correctly so you can downgrade.

Mr. Shizzy
March 31st, 2007, 16:34
Pirated UMDs?? I've never heard about that! Do they exist or is it just a rumor?

I gonna definitely have to say rumor on that one...
Even though the UMD Tools have been leaked, NO ONE unlicensed has access to blank UMDs...

Physicist
April 2nd, 2007, 21:38
lol PSP with a UMD-rewriter
i think it'd be great
but i cant quite think of a practical reason for it...
other than piracy

coo
April 5th, 2007, 03:00
oh my god, the cd says backup #1 becuase rockstar wanted it to say that. it is a normal think in the game. it shows no indication of any exploit, it's just the save icon. like in gta: vc, the save icon was an old floppy disc

billyclub22
April 6th, 2007, 22:13
THANK YOU Coo...thats all I wanted to hear :)

Haisook
April 7th, 2007, 00:13
I gonna definitely have to say rumor on that one...
Even though the UMD Tools have been leaked, NO ONE unlicensed has access to blank UMDs...

There ARE pirated UMDs available in South Korea. Each sells for around $3. How did they make them? I absolutely have no idea.

sonikku88
April 8th, 2007, 03:55
THANK YOU Coo...thats all I wanted to hear :)

Yeah, it's a trait of Rockstar. They tend to use the most popular form of portable data storage of the time the GTA game is set in to represent a save point

e.g. GTA: LCS is set in 1998 and CDs were the most popular form of portable data storage at that time, as were floppy disks in the early 90's, in which San Andreas is set.

xg917
April 8th, 2007, 04:03
yea in venezuela they sell burned umds on the streets and burned games and like everything for very cheap.. so no its not a rumor, its real