PDA

View Full Version : About QJ

kcajblue
March 30th, 2007, 05:45
my friend wants to know if people here at DCEmu really hate people over at QJ, or its just some misunderstanding.

so i ask you: Do you like QJ? And how do you feel about QJ?

mexicansnake
March 30th, 2007, 05:53
Yeah but there are lots of sacastics, racists, and weird persons.
And its hell hard to get a dev status there!.

kcajblue
March 30th, 2007, 06:35
i dont go to qj so i wouldnt know anthing about them.

Darksaviour69
March 30th, 2007, 09:22
guys, just a preventive warning, don't turn this into a QJ bashing thread. It does not help.

Malksta
March 30th, 2007, 12:43
I dont hate QJ and I dont love QJ.

JKKDARK
March 30th, 2007, 12:52
never visited QJ

steve-b
March 30th, 2007, 13:46
the info on the site is good, the download section is good...the forums are super lame. and dont get me started on the comments...

JKKDARK
March 30th, 2007, 13:53
Well I started to check and they only have sections for seventh generation consoles. GP2X, GameCube, Dreamcast, Xbox, mobile phones are still getting new games/emulators/programs but QJ don't support them.

S34MU5
March 30th, 2007, 16:20
QJ flame alot of people. And it isn't well moderated.

But there art community is good. So I vote yes.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
March 30th, 2007, 21:16
i just go there for downloads. i dont like the site much though

Anti-QJ
April 4th, 2007, 08:48
I love QJ and go their everyday.
That's my main site i go to for news and info on the gaming world, No offense DCEmu.

I think they get alot of attention in the homebrew part as well as their art community.

As for Dev status, It was hella easy, I just released a port of DDR and boom, I got it.

Napalm-Death
April 4th, 2007, 17:13
You say this, but look at your name. Oh, the irony. :P

Sonicboy 101
April 4th, 2007, 17:28
Lol, I was gonna say that :D

Gold Line
April 4th, 2007, 17:36
-REP me :D !!!

kcajblue
April 4th, 2007, 17:46
That's my main site i go to for news and info on the gaming world, No offense DCEmu.

I think they get alot of attention in the homebrew part as well as their art community.

As for Dev status, It was hella easy, I just released a port of DDR and boom, I got it.then why would you have the username anti qj?

Gold Line
April 4th, 2007, 17:51
its like me calling my self anti girls bums lol

blackrave
April 4th, 2007, 21:36
I like QJ very much. They have good writers and are always up to date. The download section is also great. The only things I don't like are, as mentioned, the forums and the comments.

So I prefer DCEmu's community, but I go to QJ for news (and sometimes I submit them here).

UchihaSasuke
April 4th, 2007, 22:18
I dont know nothing about Qj so i cant hate them, neither love them

Jeremysr
April 4th, 2007, 23:01
I love their news. I haven't really gone to any other parts of their site though.

S34MU5
April 4th, 2007, 23:03
I recently won some points on QJ (sig comp) and i am considering buyiing premium and 300k hot.

But I like the comunity here alot more

ACID
April 4th, 2007, 23:04
Dont mind the search for stuff but people in the forums suck

-Xandu-
April 4th, 2007, 23:41
QJ sucks, the mods there are all about showing off. Also, the most users there are really rude and are like
"STFU N00b lol"..

If you look at the forums, 90% of the threads are locked and full of flames.

Unlike DCemu, I've liked it here, people are friendly and decent :).

QJ follow the rules on who they like, when they like.

As for Dev status, It was hella easy, I just released a port of DDR and boom, I got it.

You stole that from Fuzzie360, pspgamer18.

Cloudhunter
April 4th, 2007, 23:52
QJ is ok for news, but the amount of noobs there puts me off.

Cloudy

gunntims0103
April 5th, 2007, 02:04
I don't like qj, but i don't hate them.

There ultimate goal is to spread gaming and tech news, same as us.

I will say that qj user flame to no end, have horrible staff who don't keep the rules in check, have far to many advertisements on there front page (which for a dial up user can be hell). They also have a "pay for unlimited subscription", which no gaming forum should ever have.

kcajblue
April 5th, 2007, 02:11
subscription for what.

gunntims0103
April 5th, 2007, 02:16
subscription for what.

forum permissons (larger sigs, more banwidth for uploads on post, custom user titles, ect...)

kcajblue
April 5th, 2007, 02:41
are you serious.
thats horrible.
making them pay for a sig and whatnot.

mexicansnake
April 5th, 2007, 03:08
are you serious.
thats horrible.
making them pay for a sig and whatnot.

Yeah you must pay unless you have a dev status:cool: .

Gold Line
April 5th, 2007, 03:23
I don't like qj, but i don't hate them.

There ultimate goal is to spread gaming and tech news, same as us.

I will say that qj user flame to no end, have horrible staff who don't keep the rules in check, have far to many advertisements on there front page (which for a dial up user can be hell). They also have a "pay for unlimited subscription", which no gaming forum should ever have.

are the staff so bad they take all your rep away?

gunntims0103
April 5th, 2007, 04:10
are the staff so bad they take all your rep away?

i don't really know as i never really spend time at qj. There download page is the only good thing they have going for there site, and even thats being ruined by advertisements and pop-ups

One funny thing i read on there forums once was that a mod on qj was making all users who wanted a custom "wii or ps3 user title" to show picture evidence that they owned the console in order to get the custom title. I found it quite amuseing.

S34MU5
April 5th, 2007, 20:39
i don't really know as i never really spend time at qj. There download page is the only good thing they have going for there site, and even thats being ruined by advertisements and pop-ups

One funny thing i read on there forums once was that a mod on qj was making all users who wanted a custom "wii or ps3 user title" to show picture evidence that they owned the console in order to get the custom title. I found it quite amuseing.

I think Goldy was talking about you guys taking all his rep away -.-

Anyway. I have just bought premium on QJ. So I think I will start going over there alot more. There isn't much hear that interests me. I don't use my PSP as much cause I am playing PC games the whole time, and the PC games section here is rubbish. Also the Art section there has alot of talented users (not saying that we don't here but they have more). They are regularly having competitions over there and you wins points etc, so you have something to work for.

This is not me going. Just I will be posting less.

kcajblue
April 5th, 2007, 21:02
you actually bought.

S34MU5
April 5th, 2007, 21:04
Yes. It was like £8 for 6 months.

Its the money I got for winning SOTM, nothing else to do with it...

gunntims0103
April 5th, 2007, 21:05
I think Goldy was talking about you guys taking all his rep away -.-

Anyway. I have just bought premium on QJ. So I think I will start going over there alot more. There isn't much hear that interests me. I don't use my PSP as much cause I am playing PC games the whole time, and the PC games section here is rubbish. Also the Art section there has alot of talented users (not saying that we don't here but they have more). They are regularly having competitions over there and you wins points etc, so you have something to work for.

This is not me going. Just I will be posting less.

*watches s34mu5 go to the dark side

kcajblue
April 5th, 2007, 21:10
i dont have any $$$ to spend on forums.

Gold Line
April 5th, 2007, 22:09
i dont have any $$$ full stop .

kcajblue
April 5th, 2007, 22:37
i got no €€€

Cap'n 1time
April 6th, 2007, 00:27
i dont have any $$$ full stop .

I feel your pain.

Tetris999
April 6th, 2007, 03:02
updates are always better there than here sorry to say

and it looks better too :p

i too have also started using gj more frequently than dcemu

meh sorry guys

and i have to agree art and design exell there, there so few ppl here doing graphics

Gold Line
April 6th, 2007, 03:11
QJ sucks, it's full of stupid mods, they're all about showing off. Plus, the people there are really rude and are like
"STFU N00b lol"..

If you look at the forums, 90% of the threads are locked and full of flames.

Unlike DCemu, I've liked it here, people are friendly and decent :).

You stole that from Fuzzie360, pspgamer18.

STFU you dum john cena fan i will kill you! *gose to QJ kills all the john cena fans* glad there are no john cena fans here on dcemu

gunntims0103
April 6th, 2007, 03:16
STFU you dum john cena fan i will kill you! *gose to QJ kills all the john cena fans* glad there are no john cena fans here on dcemu

keep it civil here! No need to flame, Darksav previously said to not start trouble here. We don't want trouble over something so trivial as this.........

Gold Line
April 6th, 2007, 03:18
keep it civil here! No need to flame, Darksav previously said to not start trouble here. We don't want trouble over something so trivial as this.........

ok! as long as your not a john cena fan:)

Yobumtin
April 6th, 2007, 04:55
There should be a "I don't really care much for them" Choice. I find a lot of their users really childish. But the site has its good points. :]

Anti-QJ
April 7th, 2007, 02:11
Its just a name, Its irony ;P

-Mike-
April 7th, 2007, 16:54
I was just told about this thread on QJ from one of the members here, and I feel I need to clear some things up.

QJ have a paid subscription thing for the reason that we have so many users and get so much traffic that we had to restrict people from having images in their signatures, this was obviously not going to work so Premium membership was formed for only about 2$ a month so that people could have their signature images.

Now, because making people pay for an image is in your own words "crap" the Admins decided they would give premium members offers to discounts in online stores and what not, so if you shop online you can some pretty good deals, they are also working on bringing more things into it.

As for my own thoughts on the site I'll say this:

I think they are the best for news.
I think they are great for downloading PSP files.
I think their forum community is ok, but has a few ass holes who don't respect other peoples opinion.

All in all it's just like any other gaming site, there is good and bad everywhere.

And as to the comments here about the mod staff being crap, I think that's a bit unfair, being a moderator on QJ myself I have to say that the amount of work we put in is massive and most of what is done is rarely seen.

Anyway hope that cleared some stuff up.

Mike AKA Serideth.

KlicK
April 7th, 2007, 16:54
Its just a name, Its irony ;P

I think it's retarded.

Chathurga
April 7th, 2007, 17:02
Xandu you are only mad because you were perma-banned as you exploited an error on the forums then lied about it.

gunntims0103
April 7th, 2007, 18:07
@-mike-

Yea, i think i may have jumped the gun to assume that all mods on qj were incompitent. I will say that i ran into some really nasty users on that site, but its wrong of me to put all members of qj under that catagorie just because a few members can't be civil. Though i still don't agree with the "pay for subscription", if users are then thats there preference and no one can stop that. Still as a whole i feel DCEmu is a better community in general.

-Mike-
April 7th, 2007, 18:13
@-mike-

Yea, i think i may have jumped the gun to assume that all mods on qj were incompitent. I will say that i ran into some really nasty users on that site, but its wrong of me to put all members of qj under that catagorie just because a few members can't be civil. Though i still don't agree with the "pay for subscription", if users are then thats there preference and no one can stop that. Still as a whole i feel DCEmu is a better community in general.

That's fair enough, I can't really state which one I prefer as I don't use this site, but I will say one thing, from the looks of your post at least you guys respect others opinions, something which I feel QJ members could really do with.

Anti-QJ
April 7th, 2007, 22:53
I think it's retarded.I really dont care what you think.:rofl:

mesosade
April 7th, 2007, 22:56
please not another QJ vs DCEMU this happened last year and went into like a million spammin accounts about dcemu sucks qj sucks etc :(

-Xandu-
April 7th, 2007, 22:57
Xandu you are only mad because you were perma-banned as you exploited an error on the forums then lied about it.

I didn't really like QJ from the beginning...

They follow the rules when they like to.. And they ban who they don't like, it's just stupid..

Triv1um
April 7th, 2007, 23:14
Lol, what was the error?

Chameleon
April 7th, 2007, 23:17
I always used qj for my downloads as a noob... but gradually made my transition over here, and i havnt went back to qj since

Triv1um
April 7th, 2007, 23:32
you have all gotta admit though, forums suck there but dl.qj.net is a total god send.

-Xandu-
April 7th, 2007, 23:44
Lol, what was the error?

Entering a weird character in my User Name made the index look like this:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/reverse.png

Instead of this:

-Xandu-, AB10784, ab88, Accordion, adidaf, aeuui, Airdevil, alienanthropologist,

They got mad and thought that I "broke into their security".

kcajblue
April 8th, 2007, 01:50
please not another QJ vs DCEMU this happened last year and went into like a million spammin accounts about dcemu sucks qj sucks etc :(this thread isnt meant to be which is better.
i just asked who likes/dislikes qj and why.

EriCKY
April 8th, 2007, 03:03
Entering a weird character in my User Name made the index look like this:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/reverse.png

Instead of this:

-Xandu-, AB10784, ab88, Accordion, adidaf, aeuui, Airdevil, alienanthropologist,

They got mad and thought that I "broke into their security".

That's not even why we banned you. You said "o lol i plai wit egyption keybord lolol" and lied about it.

Anyway, I like QJ; before a lot of the news seemed like the bloggers just want another 4 dollars. It's much better now. Some members are eh and there's this one mod mike ;))))) that I can't stand.
jk love you mikey

gunntims0103
April 8th, 2007, 03:44
Qj is just to wierd for me. Its like salt & vinegar Chips and milk. You just don't do it.

-Xandu-
April 8th, 2007, 08:52
That's not even why we banned you. You said "o lol i plai wit egyption keybord lolol" and lied about it.

Nope. FrozenIpaq said that I broke "the rules" and I must be permabanned..

Anyway, I don't even care, it's much better here :) .

gdf
April 8th, 2007, 11:59
i like dl.qj.

EriCKY
April 9th, 2007, 20:49
Okay Abe, here goes:

My keyboard is Arabic, Arabic types from right to left.
I was typing something Arabic this morning, I did not change it back to English. ( the order)

You can check this in Microsoft Word, change order to Arabic and type something.

I changed my name to Xandu while it was in Arabic order.

Since this is Arabic, I'm the first on the list.
Since I am the first on the list with Arabic order, the list is backwards since it's all in one line which begins with me.

Do you understand me now?

oh u

Cap'n 1time
April 10th, 2007, 02:20
Okay Abe, here goes:

My keyboard is Arabic, Arabic types from right to left.
I was typing something Arabic this morning, I did not change it back to English. ( the order)

Thats pretty interesting.

Bruce.Lee
April 10th, 2007, 02:30
I frequent QJ daily and I like it. They usually have the most recent new first, if not close to it. And their forums are huge. As for all the flaming and noobs on the forum, its just natural for such a big forum. With so many people of course youre gonna get some idiots.

I usually just visit the GFX and PSP Mods forums because they have some of the best art and artists that I havent seen on other sites.