PDA

View Full Version : Sega defends Sonic's recent form

wraggster
March 30th, 2007, 16:04
Mike Hayes, president and chief operating officer of Sega Europe, has brushed off concerns for Sonic's future brought on by the run of disappointing review scores for the iconic mascot in recent years.

Despite the Sonic 'Adventure' series and the more recent Sonic the Hedgehog game on 360 and PS3 being met with negative reviews, Hayes told CVG that Sega is "not at all" worried about the future of the blue blur. "Sonic is as popular now as he ever was", he ensured us.

Interestingly Hayes described Sega as a relatively young developer in respect to how long it has been developing for non-Sega platforms. "One thing to bear in mind is that Sega made software for its own hardware. We've only been making software for other companies' platforms for four years so, unlike THQ, EA or Activision, we've got to play catch-up in learning how to work with first-party platforms."

He went on to say: "We also produce Sonic in varying studios. We're aware that some titles haven't performed quite so well but then you've had titles like Sonic Heroes, Sonic Rush on DS, Sonic on PSP and Secret Rings on Wii, which all did great."

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=161124)

Aryn
March 30th, 2007, 16:55
IMHO, while the Sonic character has always been pretty good, it did get slightly old after awhile. Even the most successful mascots lose their charm after too much exposure to the general public.

Basil Zero
March 30th, 2007, 16:56
hmm, i dont care what people say, i like all the sonic games that came out this year.

Cap'n 1time
March 30th, 2007, 17:36
Here is my opinion. Those games ARNT HORRIBLE. But people that have played sonic games over the years demand perfection.

If its slightly above mediocre, then its a complete shit Sonic game.

ish420ism
March 31st, 2007, 08:27
Sonic pinball. Remember that.
I wonder how that would be, if made with todays tech
These negative reviews are FUBAR

linkenski
March 31st, 2007, 08:32
SEGA must keep makin' games like sonic the hedgehog 360/ps3 and sonic heroes and adventures. i like SatSR but it isn't fun as the normal 3d games. also i like the 3d games better than the 2d. of course it is hard to make the level objects as the bouncy things and all that so precisely that you just cant miss them. and of course some objects must be more solid than others when running very fast, but they just havde to keep on with those 3d games!

JKKDARK
March 31st, 2007, 12:48
The latest Sonic games are horrible, like 80% of the games released by Sega since 2002.

Shadowblind
March 31st, 2007, 14:12
**** I hated the 360 game. But I've been a Sonic fan since '93, so, sucks for me. Sonic still rocks, no...three ways about it.

Sonicboy 101
March 31st, 2007, 14:20
I've been a sonic fan all my life. As my name implies.
Most sonic games are great, some are a letdown. Like Sonic riders.

acn010
March 31st, 2007, 14:37
i love sonic also... sega must redeem their name and create a new system as a revival of the company and make their own games

ish420ism
March 31st, 2007, 18:14
+rep for you acn010. you know why

wiredforpower
April 1st, 2007, 02:53
I love sonic, but they'll never make a sonic game as great as Sonic 2

lorsothdmk
April 1st, 2007, 03:50
can anyone help me find the game for either Gamecube or Dreamcast emulator, Sonic Adventure 2 ( or battle for GC?) Ive been surfing the web for 2 nights already cant seem to find. Or can you crash my hope with a "Sonic Adventure 2 ROM doent exist?" So that i know? I love that game, it is the greatest game ever made for dreamcast. I used to own a dreamcast, until it broke and they didnt repair it cuz it went out of business... i think they shud bring DC back to life :(

Thanks in advance.

P.S. any sonic game ever made except for maybe Sonic Riders kicks ass. Especially Sonic Adventure series

Cap'n 1time
April 1st, 2007, 03:58
can anyone help me find the game for either Gamecube or Dreamcast emulator, Sonic Adventure 2 ( or battle for GC?) Ive been surfing the web for 2 nights already cant seem to find. Or can you crash my hope with a "Sonic Adventure 2 ROM doent exist?" So that i know? I love that game, it is the greatest game ever made for dreamcast. I used to own a dreamcast, until it broke and they didnt repair it cuz it went out of business... i think they shud bring DC back to life :(

Thanks in advance.

P.S. any sonic game ever made except for maybe Sonic Riders kicks ass. Especially Sonic Adventure series

Do not request help getting illegal files here. Chankast is a decent DC emulator, but it has limited support of sonic adventure 2. You're on your own. If you want it really badly you can buy a real DC and the real game on Ebay or other places.

ish420ism
April 2nd, 2007, 11:01
Do not request help getting illegal files here. Chankast is a decent DC emulator, but it has limited support of sonic adventure 2. You're on your own. If you want it really badly you can buy a real DC and the real game on Ebay or other places.

Nice catch:thumbup:

Triv1um
April 2nd, 2007, 11:12
This is the only way sonic should be.

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/zogginhell/images/megagame/sonic006.gif

JKKDARK
April 2nd, 2007, 13:38
Please Triv1um xxx, don't forget Sonic Adventure games

Sonicboy 101
April 2nd, 2007, 13:56
I don't see what was wrong with the Adventure games, they were great and I have still got my dc because of them.
The originals still beat them though.

Xiofire
April 2nd, 2007, 15:22
Agree with acn010, if Sega made a new console, with the same power of the 360/PS3 or Nintendo Wii like controller, it would own. I know I'd buy it.
-Xiofire

ish420ism
April 3rd, 2007, 21:18
Agree with acn010, if Sega made a new console, with the same power of the 360/PS3 or Nintendo Wii like controller, it would own. I know I'd buy it.
-Xiofire

Sega's console making days are OVER!!!!!:rofl:
Get over it. Even if it was more powerful than ps3.