PDA

View Full Version : DSChannels ( a Wii menu clone for DS ) - Beta 4

wraggster
March 30th, 2007, 20:05
Grizzly Adams (http://grizzly.thewaffleiron.net/dualchannel/) has released a new version of his Wii Menu Clone for the Nintendo DS:

Spread the Word

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Wii_menu_clone_for_DS_Released

Its a clone of the Wii channels menu, on a smaller scale, with some artistic license taken. Right now its main purpose is to launch NDS files. Each program should have an 80x48 pcx icon in the qlshell/icons folder for it (not many icons have been made yet!) Soon I'll add a feature to load the icons from the same folder as the nds file, and also to load icons from within the nds file if all other attempts fail. I've got to recreate my source images for the skins because I recently had my primary hdd fail.

This should work for most cards, Don't bother reporting here that it works unless someone has already reported it doesn't. I'm interested in bug reports, so send away! Also, just so everyone knows, it doesn't have pen input yet.

Future plans:
Slot 1 / Slot 2 booting

Settings menu

Download channel (a separate app, usable on its own or together with DSChannels)

For now DSChannels only indexes nds files under the /Applications or /Apps folders on your card. You should be able to nest a level or two deep, but keep in mind that will increase scanning time at boot, and you cannot ever exceed the pathlimit of 255 characters (240 to be safe) including slashes and periods.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

voteforpedro36
March 30th, 2007, 23:10
I hope this one works, the last didn't work for the MMD. I'll have to try it... w00t it works! Yay, now I just gotta see if it will launch the files... dang .dldi file has to be in /qlshell/drivers/MMCF.dldi. Hope I can remember that...

No complaints here, just gotta make some icons!

DooMeh1
March 31st, 2007, 06:15
This has potential, just needs more icons made... :(

Jan-H
March 31st, 2007, 12:36
The file is damaged. :-(

voteforpedro36
March 31st, 2007, 19:48
What? No it's not... but if anyone has any PCX files they wanna share, then let me know!

TeenDev
April 1st, 2007, 01:12
This is very helpful for my GBAMP and MMD, it just doesn't see icons

gozzer
June 10th, 2007, 23:08
I'm not to sure if i have done everything right. But i don't think this wants to work for the R4DS.

The only thing i can see wrong is it saying "Unable to find fat0:/qlshell/drivers/R4TF.dldi"
Because when on the PC the micro SD card shows as "fat32"

I even changed the name of the "r4tf.dldi" to "R4TF.dldi"because that's what it was saying it couldn't find.
(Yes i did patch it XD)

(Bearing in mind i downloaded the file straight from 'Grizzly Addams')