PDA

View Full Version : Command And Conquer DS Clone Project News

wraggster
March 30th, 2007, 20:14
Latest News from the CnC DS Project:

There’s been a problem processing my new internet account so it’s going to be a little longer before I’m online which is rubbish. In the mean time here’s an update:

I’ve got some new GUI controls working including a tick box and a new ‘popup’ style GUI base class. Right now I have a popup colour chooser and a popup list control. Basically when you select that GUI item it displays a nearly full screen popup that lets you edit it. So normally with the list you see a single item, click it and the list of items appears you can choose from.

I’ve tied this in with the new WIP skirmish settings screen and you can now enter and leave a mission, though this is still unrefined but basically working. I haven’t done much checking for memory leaks but it’s looking pretty good so far.

Now the next part.. and I apologise because this is going to sound a pain to some people! I’ve started to put together all the editing tools (think map editor, unit editor and image convertor) for the game engine into a single C# application (yes it’s dot net). For those who remember I used to be doing this with Blitz but that has turned out to be a bad decision.. though it looked very pretty it was becoming very tedius to add to it. Now with the C# I can get loads of it done really quickly. I’ve been really impressed with how easy it is to do a lot of stuff. Though I don’t think I’d use this for a game for a PC tool its perfect.

I’ve started to lay the groundwork for some of the pretty graphics but I was relying on the net for this and so it’s going slowly

More Info (http://www.cncds.worldoffokkers.nl/)