PDA

View Full Version : Eyes On: Ninja Gaiden DS

wraggster
March 30th, 2007, 20:35
Tecmo gathered members of the press in Tokyo today to formally announce its upcoming lineup for the DS and PS3. While the focus of the event, at least as far as the television cameras were concerned, was on the first title, a new DS adventure game called DS Nishimura Kyotaro Suspense (we'll have details shortly), gamers everywhere are probably more interested in what came after -- a first look at Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword!

In case you haven't been checking IGNDS daily like a good little ninja, here's a brief update. Tecmo finally unveiled Team Ninja's top-secret DS project to the world this past week, and in the shocker of all shockers, it's a new entry in the Ninja Gaiden series. And a 3D entry, no less! To recap our initial preview, the game is meant to be played almost entirely with the stylus, with players tapping and slashing the screen to guide Hayabusa, shoot shurikens and slice up enemies.

Producer Tomonobu Itagaki was at the press conference, and as one would expect, he let the game do most of the talking through a live demonstration of a single level of play. This level started outdoors. After taking out a few enemies, Itagaki proceeded in-doors for a few more fights before facing off against a giant spider-like boss.

Full article at IGN (http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/777/777221p1.html)

XDelusion
March 31st, 2007, 05:40
So long as it lives up to the XBOX version. I mean I know the GFX will not compare, but at least the game play should be as enjoyable in it's own way!
Otherwise I'd rather have a sequal to the old 2D version from the NES, SMS, and GB.

Wezwee
April 1st, 2007, 02:43
Yeah I read up Ninja Gaiden DS this morning, looks quite lush! And its interesting to think of holding the DS like a book, for a 3D game!