PDA

View Full Version : NiGHTS Wii - First details!

wraggster
March 31st, 2007, 11:15
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=161186)

After teases from both Official Nintendo Magazine and European publication Game Reactor, a third gaming rag Maxi Consolas has beaten both mags to the world exclusive unveiling of NiGHTS Wii. Yes ladies and gents - it's real!

Over the four page preview Maxi Consolas provides the first screens and details on the long, long awaited sequel - and it is indeed looking very much how you'd expect (and hope) NiGHTS to look, with plenty of purples and pinks on the colour palette.

The Sonic Team-developed sequel is nameless at this point and according to the mag will be officially announced by Sega in "early April".

Nightopia will again be revisited with more human characters, enemies and bosses to battle, along with a plethora of new tricks and freedom of movement thanks to the Wii Remote.

Interestingly, there's also a two-player mode planned for the game along with "some online functions", though at this point it seems more likely to be the integration of WiiConnect24 rather than full-on online play.

So there you go then, an official NiGHTS sequel after 10 whole years. Expect the official announcement in the next few days - hopefully along with the first screens and media. Here's hoping it lives up to our expectations, eh?

JKKDARK
March 31st, 2007, 12:46
I saw one screen, but it's obviously a beta since it doesn't look like a Wii game

iniquitous_beast
April 2nd, 2007, 05:47
What exactly does a "Wii game" look like?

JKKDARK
April 2nd, 2007, 05:53
What exactly does a "Wii game" look like?

The screenshot showed is like the Saturn version. I believe the game should get bettergraphics.

VampDude
April 2nd, 2007, 06:51
The Wii version of NiGHTS has been a rumour for many months, I just hope it is as good as the original when it's finally released...

...And hopefully it has something to go alongside the Wii's calendar to change the seasons (like in Christmas NiGHTS)