PDA

View Full Version : Gorgeous Nintendo Lunch Creations

wraggster
March 31st, 2007, 11:20
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/nintendo/gorgeous-nintendo-lunch-creations-248606.php)

http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/03/nintendo_lunches.jpg

Typically, parents generally can't be bothered to exert more effort beyond sweeping a dozen artery clogging, obesity causing Lunchables into their shopping cart every two weeks then slapping them into Chubby Timmy's backpack. When I was in elementary school, I set the packed lunch bar low, only hoping for an PB&J sandwich that hadn't been flattened by a Red Delicious and praying that the bananas were some shade of yellow.

However, this Japanese mom goes to extreme lengths to keep her children interested in their food, creating gorgeously handcrafted lunchbox creations, most of them loaded with Nintendo character references. From Super Mario Bros. to Animal Crossing to Mario Kart, these food creations look too good to eat. Not that I'm a fan of carved Vienna sausages and boiled fish paste mind you, just that the craftsmanship is out of this world.

latoshi
March 31st, 2007, 16:58
nice i like the mario one lol they look kinda tasty lol

like my new sig im thinking of getting it redone lol

DooMeh1
March 31st, 2007, 17:13
I wouldn't be able to bring myself to eat it... poor Mario. :p

kcajblue
March 31st, 2007, 19:03
that stuff looks really good.
i wouldnt mind having some of those.

wiredforpower
April 1st, 2007, 02:59
all that for food? Thats a little too much free time

rokobungi
April 2nd, 2007, 00:25
it's kinda like how kids traeat shoes in US schools gotta have cool shoes.. in japan it's about the bento (a little bit anyways this is still on the extreme side.)

vienna sausages.?. bleh hopefully they're fish sausages (well I like em.)

AM4A1
April 2nd, 2007, 03:14
damn, i wish my mom was like that.

ICE
April 2nd, 2007, 03:42
i dunno they kinda look like erasers..

kcajblue
April 2nd, 2007, 04:32
it's kinda like how kids traeat shoes in US schools gotta have cool shoes.. in japan it's about the bento (a little bit anyways this is still on the extreme side.)

vienna sausages.?. bleh hopefully they're fish sausages (well I like em.)i like vienna sausages.
and i didnt see any of them in the picture.

latoshi
April 2nd, 2007, 11:14
i like vienna sausages.
and i didnt see any of them in the picture.

i like them too i but i like the chicken kind and original but i like those lunches makes me hungry when i look at them:D

kcajblue
April 3rd, 2007, 00:28
i still have some vienna sausages left.
but i dont think i could turn them in to marios face.
and i dont want to try cause ill just mess up the food.

Shilo
April 3rd, 2007, 21:00
Nintendo could make millions if they started producing something like that.

Does anyone see the vienna sausages?