PDA

View Full Version : First NiGHTS Screens Emerge

wraggster
March 31st, 2007, 11:36
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/nights/first-nights-screens-emerge-248500.php)

http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/03/nightsintowiis.jpg

French gaming site Jeux-France has posted scans from the Portuguese magazine Maxi Consolas, featuring exclusive images from the soon to be announced NiGHTS game for the Nintendo Wii that has fans of the original peeing themselves in delight. In order to understand the article I contacted Kotaku's French correspondent, Google Language tools. Google?

Sega reveals finally the first images of NiGHTS Wii envisaged exclusively on Wii in the Portuguese magazine Maxi Comforted. This new opus of the series seems to preserve the same graphic style that the original play, one notes the graphics very coloured with many effects. Playable to 2 players, NiGHTS Wii was to propose an on-line mode, new characters, and new movements with Wiimote. The official advertisement of Sega should take place at the beginning of April, we will thus be entitled to more details on this play in a few days.

I had been keeping my fingers crossed for very coloured graphics with many effects. I'm also glad they are including new Wiimote movements, as the old ones were just...not in existence. They've got three full scanned pages over there, plus a kind of joie de vivre you just don't find at English-speaking gaming sites.

More Scans (http://www.jeux-france.com/news19769_nights-wii-premieres-images.html)

wolfpack
March 31st, 2007, 12:16
well lets just hope sega doesnt kill this title like they did with sonic... and we all know how that ended

JKKDARK
March 31st, 2007, 12:37
damn I didn't want a sequel now :(

brainpan
March 31st, 2007, 15:29
I was really excited about the possibility of Nights 2 until I heard Yuji Naka would not be working on it. Maybe we will get lucky and the orginal Nights will be included.

sabernet
March 31st, 2007, 17:21
Here's a better translation:

Sega has finally unveiled the first images of the upcoming Wii exclusive NIGHTS game on the Portuguese magazine Maxi Consolas. This new iteration of the series seems to conserve the same graphical style as its predecessors, with colorful imagery and plenty of effects. Playable with up to 2 players, NIGHTS Wii will contain an online mode, new characters and new movements thanks to the Wiimote. The official announcement from Sega will take place sometime at the start of April, so we should have more details on this game in a few days.

Bilingualism, ftw:)

SSaxdude
March 31st, 2007, 18:11
I can't wait for this.

mikebeaver
March 31st, 2007, 22:23
I am looking forward to this, hopefully it wont be a woeful update like Sega Rally 2 and some of the Sonic games recently.
fingers crossed it will remain true to the original, Sega should have leaned thier lesson about messing with tried and trusted games :)

The Hombrew Hunter
April 1st, 2007, 04:14
Oh, yes, yes, yes!

I've only ever played this on a demo on the Saturn, the first one.

This my friends is sexy.

XDelusion
April 1st, 2007, 09:24
Is Nights even a game? I recall having it for my Saturn, and I don't recall there being any real game play, I just flew around, and went to the next stage and so on and so forth, occasionally something would turn me into a dumb looking kid and I'd walk around till I could turn into a purple jesture and fly again till I beat the stage. I don't recall there ever being much point or challenge.

Now on the other hand if they'd bring back there real Mascots, that being Zillion and Alex Kidd, I'd be delighted!!!

emuking
April 1st, 2007, 10:44
heres hoping this game is good

Shrygue
April 1st, 2007, 20:11
The original Nights game was ace. Let's hope the second version is just as good when it comes out!

Blueforest
April 2nd, 2007, 08:52
I'm happy to say I did it...took a little time to work through it but now I get it thank you for your help ...