PDA

View Full Version : Sega UK off to a flyer on PS3

wraggster
March 31st, 2007, 12:54
Ambitious publisher becomes biggest selling third party publisher on new Sony format.
Sega’s five launch titles claimed an impressive 13 per cent share of the UK software market on PS3 this week, with three titles breaking into the all formats top ten.

Virtua Fighter 5, Virtua Tennis 3, Sonic the Hedgehog, Full Auto 2 and World Snooker Championship 2007 all contributed to the week one blitz.

“We are very pleased to have achieved the status of the number one third party publisher at the launch of the PS3,” commented Alan Pritchard, managing director of Sega UK.

“Sega has continued to increase its market share considerably over the last 18 months, and this is indicative of the investment that the company continues to put toward next generation development. We look forward to further success on PS3 in 2007, with Sega Rally, The Club and The Golden Compass also due for release later this year.”

via mcv (http://www.mcvuk.com/news/26361/Sega-UK-off-to-a-flyer-on-PS3)

JKKDARK
March 31st, 2007, 13:02
I don't know about World Snooker Championship 2007, but the other games are very good, they will help to the PS3 sales

Shadowblind
March 31st, 2007, 14:16
Really, wouldn't expect Sega to do something like this. I just hope they don't start releasing PS3 exclusives.

DPyro
March 31st, 2007, 18:09
They were suppose to...

JKKDARK
March 31st, 2007, 18:12
Really, wouldn't expect Sega to do something like this. I just hope they don't start releasing PS3 exclusives.

the first 3 titles are also for Xbox 360...