PDA

View Full Version : About DLLs

Imerion
February 10th, 2005, 21:53
Just a short question : Can the DC-port of Fenix use those DLLs that are compatible with Fenix? There are for example some 3d-libs. Will they work on the DC?

pauljake
February 11th, 2005, 02:44
Well, still I can't get to load the dll's in fenix v 0.84(the one that DC uses), the "include" function doesn't work or it doesn't work in the same way that did in v 0.83(the program that you make doesn't compile and it gives you some error message). I tried to search for some documentation about this issue but I didn't find anything...

Eric
February 11th, 2005, 14:48
well in coding i dont think you can use DLL's with out the official software from Sega and using that in the DCscene is illegal

Imerion
February 11th, 2005, 15:50
well in coding i dont think you can use DLL's with out the official software from Sega and using that in the DCscene is illegal

These are free dlls for the free Fenix language. I am certain Sega has nothing to do with them...

pauljake
February 12th, 2005, 01:33
Yeah Imerion, you're right :). If you can get to load the dll's in V 0.84 please let me know.

WHurricane16
February 12th, 2005, 14:26
Are we compiling the .dll's for the DC version or are we just throwing the Window's version on the CD with a DC binary?

Key word is "Windows".

pauljake
February 13th, 2005, 22:47
Are we compiling the .dll's for the DC version or are we just throwing the Window's version on the CD with a DC binary?

I'm trying first to compile the DLL's for the Windows version in the Fenix for Windows version, and I even can't get that to compile in the latest Fenix (v 0.84). The dll's aren't nothing else than "extensions" of the language that gives it more functions. The dll's are written in C, so, they 'should' work in the DC if we can get them to compile

WHurricane16
February 14th, 2005, 04:12
I'm trying first to compile the DLL's for the Windows version in the Fenix for Windows version....The dll's are written in C, so, they 'should' work in the DC if we can get them to compile

Not code that's being linked with x86 code.

pauljake
February 15th, 2005, 04:13
I'm not very sure but I think that are written in C using SDL, but I left that to people who have knowledge in programming in C.