PDA

View Full Version : Watch: Final Fantasy Anniversary Trailer

wraggster
April 1st, 2007, 20:44
via siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/index.php/2007/03/31/watch-final-fantasy-anniversary-trailer/)

A new trailer for Final Fantasy Anniversary has been released. Those familiar with Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II pretty much know what to expect from their new PSP updates along with other nice features that are exclusive to the PSP; but the most interesting part about the trailer is what it says at the end.

"And more…"

That alone implies that there may just be something else in store for the classic Final Fantasy games. Could it be that other entries in the series such as IV, V, and VI are going to get PSP cosmetic upgrades with luscious high resolution 16-bit graphics (or maybe nice cel-shaded graphics a la Jeanne d’Arc), or perhaps even the PSOne entries getting a new PSP upgrade? Better yet, could some of the PSOne entries be getting a DS remake? Who knows…limitless speculation afoot!

Watch the trailer and see for yourself. After all, the trailer does say "The World of Final Fantasy spread out across Playstation Portable."

http://www.youtube.com/v/yX76Q9adyMI

wolfpack
April 1st, 2007, 20:51
Square remade this game so many times... oh well, still looks good. This does look better on psp than it did on the gameboy. But than again, its psp, its better period.

Shrygue
April 1st, 2007, 20:53
That was a brilliant trailer, I'll be looking forward to get FF for PSP when it comes out.

Buddy4point0
April 1st, 2007, 21:32
man i really want a ff9 remake soooooooo bad

gr42178
April 1st, 2007, 21:39
Looks good.

Cap'n 1time
April 1st, 2007, 21:55
i wish people would quit buying squares remakes. they dont deserve cash for games i have played 20 times on 3 different consoles.

alexi_666
April 1st, 2007, 22:10
to bad i have most of the FF games on my psp already.

Veskgar
April 1st, 2007, 22:21
This does look good. I know there will be gripes about remakes and originality but this is a good way for a younger generation to experience these classics.

Also, and it probably was not planned in this way, doing this is a fairly decent way to counter homebrew and emulators. Everyone loves Emulators and being able to play the originals. But when developers put out remakes that add enhancements to the originals, naturally people will prefer to try the latest & greatest.

This theory would not work for all games but this FF Anniversary is a good example.

Basil Zero
April 2nd, 2007, 00:39
who cares if its a remake, at least their not killing it like capcom is with their 100 street fighter games lol

anyways, i wonder what this....."more" is....perhaps a FF7 pseudo remake...AWESOME!!!

falcon212
April 2nd, 2007, 05:07
is it looks good? with PSP power i think squre can do more than this ! LOL its BAD

Balthasar00
April 2nd, 2007, 07:14
ho well.. not quite sure about this release.. any difference with origin on psx? I would prefer to see FF III DS coming to the PSP. They really need this one. So far, its the only reason why I would bought a DS and why I keep tracking NoCa$hGBA inprovement.

nielsss
April 2nd, 2007, 07:51
OMG I dont understand why people like FF its soo sh!t and boring I mean look at that trailer the people are flat its a 2D game..

benn
April 2nd, 2007, 08:40
OMG I dont understand why people like FF its soo sh!t and boring I mean look at that trailer the people are flat its a 2D game..

you are obviously about 16yrs old. if you were there the first time around, you would understand ;)

geise69
April 2nd, 2007, 13:47
I can't wait for this one to come out! I know this is probably the 4th remake of this game, but I never finished the original nes version and never played the new remakes yet. The hi-res 2d sprites are amazing. Kids these days won't understand why I'm impressed with this release. It looks and plays like the old school FF I "used" to love. I hated 7 and 8. Never played 9 but going to start it soon. I hated 10 and X2 was even worse. I wish all the new FF games were done like this, and with a good story.

solid12345
April 3rd, 2007, 15:38
Kids these days won't like it cause there are no androgynous emo boys and love stories in these old classics.

Abgoj
April 3rd, 2007, 21:23
anyways, i wonder what this....."more" is....perhaps a FF7 pseudo remake...AWESOME!!!

"More" means they are remaking FFII after this FFI remake.

You are clearly a huge idiot who knows nothing about final fantasy and just came on this thread looking to start an argument, the reason that it's 2d is because its a nes game (if you even know what the nes is) that's being PORTED over to the psp.