PDA

View Full Version : Good Signal Strength

kcajblue
April 2nd, 2007, 08:07
i always get good signal strentgh when my linksys wrt54g router is in the same room. ive never gotten an excellent signal strength.
is there a paticular reason for this?

Cap'n 1time
April 2nd, 2007, 08:54
i always get good signal strentgh when my linksys wrt54g router is in the same room. ive never gotten an excellent signal strength.
is there a paticular reason for this?

Do you have the router around something that uses a lot of electricity? It isnt common, but that can interfere with your connection. Air Conditioners especially cause this effect in my experience.

kcajblue
April 2nd, 2007, 08:57
its not just one thing.
its plugged in next to everything.
the monitor, speakers, printer, computer, cable modem and things like that.
i had to unplug something just to make room for it.

VampDude
April 2nd, 2007, 18:52
Reasons why you probably never get an "EXCELLENT" signal

(1) Not enough power going to the device, you may be using an extension block to connect all your devices to one power outlet (not enough power to create a strong signal)

(2) Picking up a static signal between where it is and where you want the signal to go (caused by electricity)

(3) Routers/Receivers are not supposed to be around too many electronic devices, it causes disruption to the signal - I found this out for myself quite a while ago, my Modem/Router is ontop of a bookshelf in the next room away from other electrical devices

(4) You are most likely using a channel that something else is passing through localy, change your wireless channel (ch.08 always works best for me)

I could actually go on forever about this, which I think by these 4 you should be able to start solving your connection problems (if any) and to make sure your signal strengh is always on "EXCELLENT"

If you require any aditional help with your signal feel free to PM me