PDA

View Full Version : "Time to reinvent Sonic" says Sega boss

wraggster
April 2nd, 2007, 12:41
Speaking about the recently unveiled Nintendo-Sega collaboration, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Jeffery said that we won't see another Sonic title on a next-gen platform for quite a while.

"We are actually undergoing a fairly considerable refresh of Sonic as an intellectual property, as a character," he told Newsweek.

"Sonic on the Wii is probably the first product that's come to market that reflects that. We're not going to be bringing another game out on the other platforms for quite some time, because we feel that it is time to reinvent Sonic, to make Sonic contemporary again. At the same time, even the recent 360 and PlayStation 3 games have sold extremely well."

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=161224)

JKKDARK
April 2nd, 2007, 13:36
I don't like the idea of "reinvent Sonic". I hope it gets better than the latest games.

shadowprophet
April 2nd, 2007, 14:19
That was an awesome title.
I think thats what this article means, sonic and the secret rings made sega rethink sonic, and try as best as they could to bring him back to his roots' and in that sega succeeded. But in fairness taking an idea and seting it "back to it's roots" isn't good enough. Sonic' like mario and other high profile calssic ip's before him. Has to grow. because in fairness if all anyone can say about a game is that it had a glorious "return to it's roots" That really isn't enough is it.

Shadowblind
April 2nd, 2007, 14:24
They need to make a Sonic Adventure 3 game, where there isn't that crappy lag time in between homing attacks and a nice, big plot line full of running fast as heck.

shadowprophet
April 2nd, 2007, 14:30
They need to make a Sonic Adventure 3 game, where there isn't that crappy lag time in between homing attacks and a nice, big plot line full of running fast as heck.

Think about it. shadow wakes up after his fall in SA2, The story ties right in. In many respects how could it not have been.