PDA

View Full Version : Drug Talk

Yobumtin
April 2nd, 2007, 18:18
I am sick of all this anti-drug media. I'm a Marijuana user and I have a bit to say about sites such as abovetheinfluence.com
First of all lets look at the stereotypical pot smoker.
-Unbathed
-Not dressed well
-Talks like he's a freakin idiot
-Stares off into space when nobody is talking
-Lazy and inactive
-Unmotivated
-Thinks he's better then all non pot smokers
-Always tries to get non pot smokers to try it.

I think all of these are incorrect. I've met many drug users in my life and near all of them were happy, clean, smart people. All of the people in school are doing great in school
and all of the people out of school have or is working for an amazing career. I smoke pot and I'm not lazy or inactive. I exercise as a part of my schedule. I love winter sports such as boarding and skiing and when summer comes I like swimming, biking, and team sports. All of the pot smokers I know respect non pot smokers right to choose not to smoke pot.

Myth: Smoking Pot for you is not as bad for you as smoking cigarettes.
Neither is good for you and here's why: Inhaling burning dried plant smoke into your lungs, whether it's tobacco or pot, is bad for you. Maybe you aren't too worried about cancer at this point in your life, but, just so you know, one marijuana joint can deliver four times as much cancer- causing tar as one tobacco cigarette.

"Marijuana does not increase risk of cancer" says a study released last year. It is packed more loosely so more tar will be released into your lungs. You know what the solution for that is? Pack it tightly and add a filter! Also using a vaporizer will get rid of dangerous chemicals. You can't say that Smoking pot is as bad for you as smoking cigarettes just because they both have dried plant smoke. Thats like saying one chocolate bar is as bad for you as two chocolate bars. They both have chocolate in them. Which in fact is not healthy for you. But do not boycott chocolate I'm for it.

When people say that it affects peoples learning and emotions. I'm always amazed at things being taught to me when high. I can look at it in a whole different view and think about it for a long time. I never have a short attention span. As for emotions all I've ever gotten from weed is a happy positive outlook on everything. Weed expands my mind allowing me to create art or music with unique personality.

You also seem to have this ability to bond with people in a different way. You can talk about the most bizarre things or you can talk about things and think a lot differently about them.

Although weed does have its negative points I don't think it should be considered a dangerous illegal drug. Especially if alcohol is legal when it causes more negative effects then marijuana.

~ Yob

ADMIN NOTE: Due to the large number of Drug-related topics popping up lately, we are only going to allow one remain in off-topic. The rest will be moved to JUNK. Keep it clean and not to extensive. No instructions on how to build bongs and/or how to make/prepare drugs.

Thanks,
Your Friendly Admin
Kaiser

ExcruciationX
April 2nd, 2007, 19:23
Yeah, never believe the crap the government tells you (about anything really).

The only reason that they care so much is because of money. They lose money every year on the stuff, so they use scare tactics to try to get people not to use it.

Of course there are some drugs that do harm to you. These are like Herion, Meth, MDMA, etc. But most of the other ones, DON'T do harm to you.

Also, is Marijuana addictive, Yobumtin?

Yobumtin
April 2nd, 2007, 19:57
Yeah, never believe the crap the government tells you (about anything really).

The only reason that they care so much is because of money. They lose money every year on the stuff, so they use scare tactics to try to get people not to use it.

Of course there are some drugs that do harm to you. These are like Herion, Meth, MDMA, etc. But most of the other ones, DON'T do harm to you.

Also, is Marijuana addictive, Yobumtin?

Heyy X. :] In a way its addictive. You can get physically addicted to it but its not dangerously addictive. Withdrawal wouldn't even be dangerous or harmful to your health. You just might get stressed, and a bit down. You wouldn't freak out as you would for alcohol or cocaine. Its hard to get addicted to weed since THC addictive. Most of the time someone will get addicted because they use it to escape from their problems or as a way to deal with stress. Although it works, people shouldn't use this as a resort every time or else they can become psychologically dependent.

But yeah I find there is a lot of government BS going around. I find they use a lot of facts from studies from a long time ago that have been proven wrong.

ExcruciationX
April 2nd, 2007, 20:13
The reason I would want to use it, is for a study aid. If what you say is true, then it would help me a lot in school (which I need).

splodger15
April 2nd, 2007, 20:18
All of the people in school are doing great in school

Not all,

I have friends that i know got onto weed.

There grades slipped like running up a big hill with ICE on it.

They lost everything from being top of the class to being the bottom of nearly every subject.

When you try talking to them most of the time they are buzzing out there heads. Even when there are not buzzing there speech is all slow.

Most of them regret getting on it in the first place.

Although weed does have its negative points I don't think it should be considered a dangerous illegal drug. Especially if alcohol is legal when it causes more negative effects then marijuana.

Marijuana also leads to schizophrenia in later parts of life.

I am not against anyone that smokes it its there life they want to smoke it then they can.

Yobumtin
April 2nd, 2007, 20:47
Yeah I'm definitely not saying everyone does well in school. I made myself a little unclear. I'm saying it didn't effect everyone in school. It wouldn't work great as a study aid since for some people it effects the problem solving skills. But there are many smart people who use it. I sorta wanted to make a point that the typical pot user isn't an idiot who can't think for himself. I just find myself fascinated by stuff when I'm under the effects.

And yes it can cause schizophrenia but there is usually many other factors that build up to schizophrenia along with marijuana. Like usually just marijuana won't build up to schizophrenia (although it can). Usually something else such as a psychological problem adds to it.

ExcruciationX
April 2nd, 2007, 21:56
Splodger15, maybe it was laced with something else?

I don't know anybody that uses drugs recreationally, so I am limited to the knowledge that I have read, and have heard from people on here.

Yobumtin, maybe you can give me some? ;)

Shadowblind
April 2nd, 2007, 22:38
Ok. Try to imagine a world where all people smoked pot.

The world would die.

ExcruciationX
April 2nd, 2007, 22:49
Also, is the "Legal Marijuana" that I have heard about good? Does it work?

It's where they cross-breed Marijuana and some other plant (blueberry or anything else) to make a legal form of Marijuana. Google search it.

SSaxdude
April 3rd, 2007, 00:25
To all of you saying legalizing marijuana is bad, it isn't. Legalizing it would remove the black markets that profit off selling it. Think about it, alcohol prohibition didn't work because mobsters got into making alcohol illegally; it's the same with this "war on drugs."

Marijuana cannot kill you, it's impossible. I could go on for days about why it must be legalized and debate the whole topic but I'm lazy. Go watch the episode of Penn and Teller Bullhsit on the War on Drugs.

Also, is the "Legal Marijuana" that I have heard about good? Does it work?

It's where they cross-breed Marijuana and some other plant (blueberry or anything else) to make a legal form of Marijuana. Google search it.
It doesn't get you high, so it's not like real marijuana. But it's legal and cheap. The makers say it's relaxing. It's like $45 for an ounce, check it out: http://www.canofbud.com/category/17

ExcruciationX
April 3rd, 2007, 00:33
Does illict Marijuana cost that much???

That's a ton of money, especially since I'm strapped for cash, and I'm not sure my Mom would go along with it.

Also, I-Doser DOESN'T work! I tried it on the computer, with various kinds of doses, and NONE worked!

SSaxdude
April 3rd, 2007, 00:56
Dude an ounce of the real stuff is like around $400. But an ounce is a lot, most of the time a gram (which costs like $20) is enough for one person at a time.

Wait, you're trying to convince your mom to buy some?

kcajblue
April 3rd, 2007, 01:00
Also, I-Doser DOESN'T work! I tried it on the computer, with various kinds of doses, and NONE worked!told you it wouldnt work.

Tetris999
April 3rd, 2007, 02:21
i agree with shadow blind, i even know people at my school that are phisically fit, heck one of my best pals just started (i wont), i just see it as a waste people spend so much damn money on the crap, oh woopdee doo you high and you can go crazy AND think about a person another way (yobutmin this is referring to alchohol) and possibly something bad may happen, gang rape, blah blah, ive heard of it

anyway...., the people who smoke part always have something wrong with them (i see large amounts of acne (mostly all of them) on their faces) now if thats gross what the best part of smoking?

its a waste of money, its just like a painkiller or something people just supposebly need when they need to solve a problem get high and stupid run around then get ****ed the next day

if you lay your problems on a drug, then yes you are going to need it, and in the end youre ****ed, you probably ran out of money, or someone shot you, or in todays world u get arrested

MasterChafed
April 3rd, 2007, 02:32
i agree with shadow blind, i even know people at my school that are phisically fit, heck one of my best pals just started (i wont), i just see it as a waste people spend so much damn money on the crap, oh woopdee doo you high and you can go crazy AND think about a person another way (yobutmin this is referring to alchohol) and possibly something bad may happen, gang rape, blah blah, ive heard of it

anyway...., the people who smoke part always have something wrong with them (i see large amounts of acne (mostly all of them) on their faces) now if thats gross what the best part of smoking?

its a waste of money, its just like a painkiller or something people just supposebly need when they need to solve a problem get high and stupid run around then get ****ed the next day

if you lay your problems on a drug, then yes you are going to need it, and in the end youre ****ed, you probably ran out of money, or someone shot you, or in todays world u get arrested

you have no idea what you are talking about do you? for one, i have never heard of someone being involved in gang rape because they were high. 2. pot does not cause acne (maybe they started smoking because of people like you teasing them because of their acne). You don't get "stupid" when you get high, you tend to think at extremely fast rates about everything you can think of at once (i typically find myself thinking about 20 or more things at once when im blazin'. maybe that's why they look stupid, its because they are thinking.) I too, have resorted to pot to help me cope with the ever increasing stress that my everyday life has put on me, but I can tell you one thing, im not addicted. I was smoking for every weekend for aobut 4 months or so, quit about a month ago and havnt thought of it since, no withdrawal, no needing it, nothing. SO i suggest that people that don't knwo what they are talking about, shut their traps.

BL4Z3D247
April 3rd, 2007, 02:36
you have no idea what you are talking about do you? for one, i have never heard of someone being involved in gang rape because they were high. 2. pot does not cause acne (maybe they started smoking because of people like you teasing them because of their acne). You don't get "stupid" when you get high, you tend to think at extremely fast rates about everything you can think of at once (i typically find myself thinking about 20 or more things at once when im blazin'. maybe that's why they look stupid, its because they are thinking.) I too, have resorted to pot to help me cope with the ever increasing stress that my everyday life has put on me, but I can tell you one thing, im not addicted. I was smoking for every weekend for aobut 4 months or so, quit about a month ago and havnt thought of it since, no withdrawal, no needing it, nothing. SO i suggest that people that don't knwo what they are talking about, shut their traps.
preach my brotha, preach :D, you should join The Stoner's Club :thumbup:

Shadowblind
April 3rd, 2007, 02:39
Neatherlands literally bakes MJ in their food. Ever went to a resturant there? You can almost get high off the fumes.

BL4Z3D247
April 3rd, 2007, 03:07
ok guys lets not preach to each other, bottom line is people smoke it, it's grown not man made, no one has ever overdosed on marijuana, it's less dangerous than alcohol, just cause it's illegal doesn't mean it should be, but....and it's a big but, but just cause people get high doesn't make them bad people, i'm a hard working American who earns his weed, i'm not a criminal or a rapist...i just like smoking weed, so i ask you to look past that and look deep inside me and you'll see the good person within...

:p

no but seriously it's not worth it to fight about what some people just can't comprehend

Yobumtin
April 3rd, 2007, 03:16
Exactly. I didn't mean to cause any sort of argument. But I have to get a few things straight. Weed isn't any more of a gateway drug as caffeine or simple habits. There have been studies about that. I'll try to find those.
And pot doesn't screw peoples lives up. A majority have their lives set straight. But I'm not trying to argue that its harmless so I don't want to cause some fight.
And when I said pot does has its negative sides I meant it can hurt you. I've never read anything about it causing anorexia. :| Thats pretty crazy.

Oh yeah ExcruciationX, try reading up on this site.
I removed this link since it contains intructions on how to build stuff such as bongs. I intended for people to read the article about marijuana for educational purposes. But kaisers post says no bong building.
Its an article called 10 Things Every Parent, Teenager & Teacher Should Know About Marijuana. It might help you out there.

Man
April 3rd, 2007, 03:27
Dude an ounce of the real stuff is like around $400. But an ounce is a lot, most of the time a gram (which costs like $20) is enough for one person at a time.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: were the hell do you buy your wwed, shit around my place costs like 10$ a gram, and like 200 for an ounce, man you getting ripped off, come to canada :thumbup:

BL4Z3D247
April 3rd, 2007, 03:28
we should spread the word of The Stoner's Club so we have numbers :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: were the hell do you buy your wwed, shit around my place costs like 10$ a gram, and like 200 for an ounce, man you getting ripped off, come to canada :thumbup:
i get zips for 250, g's for 10...but you gotta love Canada :D

joshisposer
April 3rd, 2007, 03:46
I smoke MJ, but I think it is somewhat pointless, but who cares. It's a good money waster. Almost everything is pointless in this world, MJ is just better and more common. I like to think of MJ this way, it's like 1/4 of the price of Disney Land to get you and maybe 1 or 2 people high. As long as you don't get crap, it's better than Disney Land. You don't wait in lines, it's fun, you eat food, it's something pointless but good money, etc.
Your friends that have problems probably resorted to drugs to "help" themselves.
Stick with the herb, it's better. Also, mersch sucks, go Chronic!!!

I don't want it legalized though. Look at cigarettes, they are legal, but are pretty much shit for your body. The price of MJ will go up, that's a fact, and the government will add stuff to it, so it's cheaper for them.

Cap'n 1time
April 3rd, 2007, 04:07
Actually, I think beer is a far more dangerous substance than weed.. actually I dont think, I know. There are plenty of stats to back that up. Nicotine is a far more dangerous and addictive thing. They would, however never make that illegal since tobacco is such a massive cash crop in the States. Marijuana, being a much less addictive drug, can be smoked in moderation, and is thus relatively safe. Of course, there are always idiots that do stupid shit, however they are the minority really from what I understand. I would be far more concerned about a drunk than someone whos high on the weed.

BL4Z3D247
April 3rd, 2007, 04:09
Actually, I think beer is a far more dangerous substance than weed.. actually I dont think, I know. There are plenty of stats to back that up. Nicotine is a far more dangerous and addictive thing. They would, however never make that illegal since tobacco is such a massive cash crop in the States. Marijuana, being a much less addictive drug, can be smoked in moderation, and is thus relatively safe. Of course, there are always idiots that do stupid shit, however they are the minority really from what I understand. I would be far more concerned about a drunk than someone whos high on the weed.
nicely said Mr. Ban Hammer, couldn't agree anymore :thumbup:

Shadowblind
April 3rd, 2007, 04:34
Alchohol is the #1 leading addictive drug, right? I also know it makes people not really care about anything anymore...being an alchoholic for kicks really has no excuse.

BL4Z3D247
April 3rd, 2007, 04:44
Alchohol is the #1 leading addictive drug, right? I also know it makes people not really care about anything anymore...being an alchoholic for kicks really has no excuse.
alcohol is to convenient to get to be the #1 leading addictive drug

Yobumtin
April 3rd, 2007, 04:48
we should spread the word of The Stoner's Club so we have numbers :D

i get zips for 250, g's for 10...but you gotta love Canada :D

Haha yeuh. I'll put a little memo in my signature.

But yeah I'm not too big of a drinker. Sometimes at parties but not really to get smashed. Its hard to control yourself and the aftermath isn't the greatest. Although the wise words of Mitch Hedburg should be listened to. "I'm not going to not like something becasue of what happens after! "Mitch would you like an apple?" "No becasue then it will be a core.".

But naah drinking can be dangerous if the user's not careful.

Shadowblind
April 3rd, 2007, 04:50
I hear more reports of drunk people lashing out then MJ users. Come to think of it, don't really hear much attacks from an MJ user. They're pretty passive.

BL4Z3D247
April 3rd, 2007, 04:56
I hear more reports of drunk people lashing out then MJ users. Come to think of it, don't really hear much attacks from an MJ user. They're pretty passive.
yes we are very gentle folk :D

joshisposer
April 3rd, 2007, 05:00
What i hate is the word illegal on this forum. Everybody poops, everybody pirates. Not literally but i mean, people pirate, thats illegal but no one really cares. YOu don't get in trouble for downloading N64 games, most don't get in trouble smoking pot, unless, for both of them, they make a name for themselves. Personally, mj should be legal, i just don't want it to be.

Yobumtin
April 3rd, 2007, 05:27
Well yeah if you read the link I gave X (Not sure if he's seen it yet) you'll see that it says weed does the exact opposite of making you violent. :]

There's a lot of other...interesting things on that site. You'll find a lot of information and instructions there. Although I don't suggest you try any of the articles under bad ideas. You could get in heaps o' trouble.

quzar
April 3rd, 2007, 08:24
You can get physically addicted to it

You're confusing physical with psychologically addictive. Cocaine is psychologically addictive, heroine is physically addictive. The difference is that if it's psychologically addictive then any kind of need to take more is in your mind, it feels good so you want more. If something is physically addictive (very few things are) you can be physically harmed by quitting. That's why methadone clinics exist.

Marijuana also leads to schizophrenia in later parts of life.

No, it doesn't.

I'll defer the comment about the price 'till after Man's. I've actually had lengthy discussions with my mother about drugs, and basically came to the end conclusion that were they not illegal, then who cares, just like drinking (I'm only 20 and I've used my mom to buy alcohol for parties, once 350$ worth =P).

Here we have lots of selections (Miami that is). Being a port and gateway to latin america, we get all sorts of weird shit. But I've gotten an O for as cheap as 100$ but stuff can get as expensive as 50$ or more for an 8th.

ExcruciationX
April 3rd, 2007, 16:50
Quzar, how much does Marijuana cost in your area?

splodger15
April 3rd, 2007, 21:13

Best to grow it in your house then ;) ;) :p

quzar
April 3rd, 2007, 21:29
Quzar, how much does Marijuana cost in your area?

We have lots of variety to choose from. Depending on it, you can get stuff for between 100 and 400$ and ounce. That seems like a large range, and that's because there's a huge difference between the two =P.

Best to grow it in your house then ;) ;) :p

Brilliant idea. Now you're commiting a felony!

ExcruciationX
April 3rd, 2007, 22:40
Yeah, and the environment around me wouldn't be suitable for growing it.

I think I used to know somebody that grew it. I might have to take some money out of my bank account, and buy some.

Yobumtin
April 3rd, 2007, 22:50
You're confusing physical with psychologically addictive. Cocaine is psychologically addictive, heroine is physically addictive. The difference is that if it's psychologically addictive then any kind of need to take more is in your mind, it feels good so you want more. If something is physically addictive (very few things are) you can be physically harmed by quitting. That's why methadone clinics exist.

Thanks for correcting me. I was taking a guess about that one. :| But yeah another thing about weed addiction is if you think your addicted you'll create the illusion your addicted. So nobody get caught up in that.

:cool: Yob

SSaxdude
April 4th, 2007, 02:17

I want to move to Canada, marijuana is almost legal there. It's probably cheaper for you since the government doesn't do as much to stop it.

BL4Z3D247
April 4th, 2007, 02:21
We have lots of variety to choose from. Depending on it, you can get stuff for between 100 and 400$ and ounce. That seems like a large range, and that's because there's a huge difference between the two =P.

Brilliant idea. Now you're commiting a felony!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I want to move to Canada, marijuana is almost legal there. It's probably cheaper for you since the government doesn't do as much to stop it.
now that's brilliant

kcajblue
April 4th, 2007, 02:21
you can move to amsterdam.

SSaxdude
April 4th, 2007, 02:35
you can move to amsterdam.

Too far, plus I could visit my relatives in America easily if I wanted.

CaptainMorgan4
April 4th, 2007, 02:47
Yeah I hear that, I smoke everyday and I'm not some huge burnout, but yeah I feel you.

Yobumtin
April 4th, 2007, 05:02
I'm Canadian and I get it anywhere from $5 to 10 a gram. But I get it for $5 since my bud's a dealer. Its pretty convenient. :rolleyes:

Yeah I hear that, I smoke everyday and I'm not some huge burnout, but yeah I feel you.

Yeah It just shows that not everyone gets screwed up and the stereotypical pot head is not correct. :)

ExcruciationX
April 4th, 2007, 05:09
Everyday???

Maybe I can buy some from you? ;)

BL4Z3D247
April 4th, 2007, 05:15
i smoke everyday too, i haven't missed a day for 3 years and i'm not a burn out...for example i have a very good job and i work hard, finished high school(on schedule may i add) and i'm going to school to be an electrician

Kaiser
April 4th, 2007, 07:10
ADMIN NOTE: Due to the large number of Drug-related topics popping up lately, we are only going to allow one remain in off-topic. The rest will be moved to JUNK. Keep it clean and not to extensive. No instructions on how to build bongs and/or how to make/prepare drugs.

Thanks,
Your Friendly Admin
Kaiser

I'm not here to preach "drugs are bad, mmkay." Just don't go into things to deep here guys. There are some younger kids who surf this site and we are still primarily a gaming site. So far the discussion is looking fine just remember that note.

ExcruciationX
April 5th, 2007, 18:39
I'm not here to preach "drugs are bad, mmkay." Just don't go into things to deep here guys. There are some younger kids who surf this site and we are still primarily a gaming site. So far the discussion is looking fine just remember that note.
Alright.

CaptainMorgan4
April 6th, 2007, 22:21
What you need Excruciation, lol, na but if you lived by me you could certainly be some clientel.