PDA

View Full Version : EMI deal allows PSP users to use iTunes?

wraggster
April 3rd, 2007, 02:06
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/04/02/emi-deal-allows-psp-users-to-use-itunes/)

As reported on Engadget, Apple and EMI today announced their plans to offer music files without DRM protection on the iTunes Store. Although the new files will cost 30 cents more ($1.29), they will come at a much higher bitrate (256kbps) and will no longer have copyright protection. PSP-Vault intelligently points out that these unprotected files should work in PSP systems, as most firmware revisions allow the playback of AAC audio files.

For now, the option to purchase unprotected files will only apply to artists under the EMI label. Wikipedia lists many of the artists signed to the record giant. While it'll be great to have fully unrestricted access to music in the future, this is a great first step for PSP owners that want to purchase their music legally from a service other than Sony's failing Connect store.

Buddy4point0
April 3rd, 2007, 03:53
well great but i like to "aquire" my music "differently" lol limewire

Basil Zero
April 3rd, 2007, 04:37
well great but i like to "aquire" my music "differently" lol limewire

I use a similar source as well for my music:p

Adrenalin
April 3rd, 2007, 05:57
paying for music?! Heresy!

emuking
April 3rd, 2007, 07:11
your all ****ing pirates and should be ashamed of yourselves......i love you guys

shrimpidy
April 3rd, 2007, 11:39
wouldn't it be cool if this evolved into itunes on your ps3? I hate having to scroll down hundreds of folders just to get to the right artist. (Maybe I should be posting this in the ps3 forum)

Kichigai Mentat
April 3rd, 2007, 15:19
Truth is, this applies to anything that can decode AAC. That ranges from the PSP to the PS3 to a couple iRiver devices to Palms, to PocketPCs, and so on and so forth. Ahh, the magic of a DRM-free world.

JKKDARK
April 3rd, 2007, 16:52
I use my own music.

Cokemusic
April 3rd, 2007, 17:54
Itunes...big yay....all the psp community jump for joy....

Year right...

goaliedude
April 3rd, 2007, 21:14
doesnt this mean u could just copy the song like a million times?

alucard001
April 3rd, 2007, 21:38
just use limewire lol i got 5000 songs from there already