PDA

View Full Version : Faults on DS Lite

JushinLiger
April 3rd, 2007, 11:18
I've had two faults develop on my DS lite. There is the crack on the left hinge that developes (http://www.n-central.com/modules/news/index.php?storytopic=16&start=75 Article with pictures).
As well as this, a small crack has started to develope on the other side of the hinge just below the R shoulder button.

My brother has the exact same cracks on his DS except his are further gone than mine. The left one is the same but on the right side the light unit has actually snapped off (http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/new-horrible-ds-lite-crack-193231.php).

Has anyone else had similar problems? Did Nintendo solve them free of charge or replace your console? Has the problem been fixed in newer DS Lites or should I just sell the old thing and get a DS Original?

I tried to do my own research and neither GameStation (The shop I bought my DS from) OR Nintendo Customer Services answered the phone. Great customer support there!

Thats my rant out the way, I'm going to pay a visit to the store I bought my DS Lite from tomorrow and complain until I get a replacement.

DanTheManMS
April 8th, 2007, 02:18
It's a widespread problem, and I think Nintendo replaces it for free as long as you're still within the warranty period. I don't know if the newer ones have fixed the problem or not though.

JushinLiger
April 9th, 2007, 07:20
I just thought I'd give you guys an update so if this happens to anyone else, you should be able to get it sorted.
For me, they said to find my receipt and they'll replace it at the store for me. I can't, so I'm using a MadCatz cover to keep it all together.
For my brother (His was split at both hinges), if he can find some kind of proof of purchase or the serial code for his, Nintendo will repair it for free. If not he has the shell out however much to get it repaired.

eomund
April 11th, 2007, 23:56
Hmm... Mine seems to be pretty sturdy (only 2 months old). You just convinced me to hold onto my box and receipt forever though.

bandit
April 12th, 2007, 14:21
It mainly happens to the White DS Lite. I havent heard much of the cracked hinge for black or pink DS. I heard a couple for the Navy but mostly on white.