PDA

View Full Version : Crap Live Arcade games "trivialising" the service - Denki

wraggster
April 3rd, 2007, 14:28
Denki Games boss Colin Anderson reckons Microsoft's willingness to allow so many rubbish games onto Xbox Live Arcade is "trivialising" the service.

"We're already beginning to see the traditional games publishers flood these new channels with re-hashed versions of the same tired old products," Anderson wrote in his GamesIndustry.biz column on casual gaming.

"They don't even appear to be 'sympathetic re-interpretations', they're just knock-offs of familiar products, uncaringly converted with just enough 'enhanced' features to plausibly deny accusations of not caring about the product or audience.

"What's worse is that Microsoft appears to be permitting this. Perhaps not deliberately, but whether through choice or simply a lack of long-term vision they appear to be trivialising their service."

That doesn't mean that the games appearing on Xbox Live Arcade aren't part of something big though, with Anderson arguing that they "may just help to expand the possibilities for new game experiences - for both industry and audience alike".

via eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=74910)

Cap'n 1time
April 3rd, 2007, 17:02
Most of the games Ive seen or heard about on XBLA are quite good actually, Both the original content and the emulated/re released stuff.. If a person doesnt like a game then they shouldnt buy it. simple as that.

10shu
April 3rd, 2007, 17:55
welll...I can of agree with Denki Games boss...It s cool to have few classic arcade...like pacman or galaga...but who care for that beer game they rescently put on?? or the ripoff of monkeyball....where are capcom vs marvel2, metalslug, virtuacop, etc...thoses are the kind of arcade game I would like to see coming for the xbla...not game from 1981 :)

SNK should release every single of there neogeo games on XBLA...so for once they could do a little money...

Cap'n 1time
April 3rd, 2007, 18:20
SNK should release every single of there neogeo games on XBLA...so for once they could do a little money...

That would have been the smart thing to do. I think Nintendo has recently gotten some rights to release a few NeoGeo games on the wii.