PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Extends Warranty of Xbox 360 owners.

diceone
April 3rd, 2007, 19:36
As you may have heard, there have been some updates to Xbox 360 Warranty that you should be aware of. It may be worth checking out if you need any warranty work done.

Warranty is now 1 year instead of 90 days.
Free shipping, new post service warranty and faster service are some of the highlights.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/resources/warrantyupdate.htm

They updated their warranty today.

1. New Warranty Enhancements, Including Cost-Free Shipping and Return of Original Console
We recently announced that we changed the Xbox 360 warranty in the United States and Canada from 90 days to one year from the date of purchase. Now we're adding additional service enhancements, taking Xbox 360 customer service one step further.

- Free Shipping:
In the event your console needs to be returned to us for repair your shipping costs are free. We will immediately send you a postage paid container in which to send us your console, and we will pay for shipping charges to return your console to you.
We are committed to delivering an improved Xbox customer service experience for our Xbox 360 console customers, one that is faster, more efficient and includes shipping free of any charge. From our customer service representatives to our executive team, the entire Xbox team has made delivering on this commitment a top priority.

- New Post-Service Warranty:
If we repair your Xbox 360 within the original warranty period, you will receive either the balance of your original warranty, or 90 days, whichever is longer. In addition, we will now pay for the shipping both ways.
If we repair your Xbox 360 after the warranty period has expired, while you will be responsible for the repair costs, your repaired console will be returned to you with a new, one year repair warranty.

- Return of Original Console
In either an in warranty or out of warranty situation, most customers will now receive their original console back from Microsoft.

2. Faster Service
We are implementing an expedited repair process; upon receipt of the console, Microsoft will repair it and ship it to you within five business days.

3. Enhanced Operations
We're increasing the number of Xbox customer care representatives, enhancing our training processes and further building out our on-site technical support, all so our customers will begin to experience a noticeable improvement in the quality of the service they receive when they contact us.
Xbox will be hiring a customer care champion who will be responsible for ensuring the end-to-end experience for all Xbox customers is first-class, evaluating and implementing new practices and policies to further enhance the Xbox customer experience. We are also adding more staff at the supervisory level, to ensure we serve you better.

MasterChafed
April 4th, 2007, 04:18
Sorry to burst your bubble, but this was announced in December of last year, so im sure almost everyone knows.

BrooksyX
April 4th, 2007, 05:43
Actually he didn't explain it in enough detail.

They updated their warranty today.

1. New Warranty Enhancements, Including Cost-Free Shipping and Return of Original Console
We recently announced that we changed the Xbox 360 warranty in the United States and Canada from 90 days to one year from the date of purchase. Now we're adding additional service enhancements, taking Xbox 360 customer service one step further.

- Free Shipping:
In the event your console needs to be returned to us for repair your shipping costs are free. We will immediately send you a postage paid container in which to send us your console, and we will pay for shipping charges to return your console to you.
We are committed to delivering an improved Xbox customer service experience for our Xbox 360 console customers, one that is faster, more efficient and includes shipping free of any charge. From our customer service representatives to our executive team, the entire Xbox team has made delivering on this commitment a top priority.

- New Post-Service Warranty:
If we repair your Xbox 360 within the original warranty period, you will receive either the balance of your original warranty, or 90 days, whichever is longer. In addition, we will now pay for the shipping both ways.
If we repair your Xbox 360 after the warranty period has expired, while you will be responsible for the repair costs, your repaired console will be returned to you with a new, one year repair warranty.

- Return of Original Console
In either an in warranty or out of warranty situation, most customers will now receive their original console back from Microsoft.

2. Faster Service
We are implementing an expedited repair process; upon receipt of the console, Microsoft will repair it and ship it to you within five business days.

3. Enhanced Operations
We're increasing the number of Xbox customer care representatives, enhancing our training processes and further building out our on-site technical support, all so our customers will begin to experience a noticeable improvement in the quality of the service they receive when they contact us.
Xbox will be hiring a customer care champion who will be responsible for ensuring the end-to-end experience for all Xbox customers is first-class, evaluating and implementing new practices and policies to further enhance the Xbox customer experience. We are also adding more staff at the supervisory level, to ensure we serve you better.

spikegrantham
April 4th, 2007, 18:14
I'd just like to say how amazing MS were with my repairs.

I have a modded Xbox360 , 3rd party case, LED's etc.

I recieved 2 problems from it, firstly the DVD drive wouldnt close EVER! and secondly i had 3 red lights of doom.

I sent it off for repair, I recieved it back repaired for free (it was over a year old) shipping paid for free, they even made me new Serial number stickers for the back of my case and stuck them on for me!!

How amazing is that, I was expecting them to throw up a fuss because it had a case mod.

Well done MS you rock