PDA

View Full Version : PSP firmware 3.30 OE Release in 48-72 hours

burrito
April 3rd, 2007, 21:53
via PspGen (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pspgen.com%2F&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools)

SPREAD THIS NEWS

http://digg.com/gaming_news/IS_this_the_PSP_Phone

Dark_AleX and Mathieulh are currently preparing custom firmware 3.30 OE for release. They say it may released in 48-72 hours, but with little functions.

Dark_AleX is deciding what to do:
Release 3.30 OE right away, and release bonus functions later
or
wait and release it all at once at a later date
Moreover, within sight of the size higher of the 3.30, to add functions will be undoubtedly an exploit. The place cruelly starts to miss on the memory flash.

However, adding bonus functions will be hard. 3.30 takes up most of the flash, leaving little room.

As of 4-3-07 6:22 AM GMT, Dark_AleX says that 3.30 will probably be released in 2-3 days.

Awesome news for all Custom Firmware and full speed PSX Emulator fans

kaffie
April 3rd, 2007, 22:02
Seems to mean with no additional fuctions that came with the official version.

burrito
April 3rd, 2007, 22:05
Seems to mean with no additional fuctions that came with the official version.
Umm... you will be able to do homebrew and everything that Sony firmware 3.30 has... and downgrade if you want.

weirdelf
April 3rd, 2007, 22:09
I look forward to it.

tophead420
April 3rd, 2007, 22:21
hmmm I wonder what the bonus is? Hopfully something to give me a reason to upgrade but i doubt it. Great so keep up the work Im looking forward to seeing whats new in this CFW if anything at all.

burrito
April 3rd, 2007, 22:25
hmmm I wonder what the bonus is? Hopfully something to give me a reason to upgrade but i doubt it. Great so keep up the work Im looking forward to seeing whats new in this CFW if anything at all.
3 of the same post... must really want to get to your 500th post.
Maybe the bonus is custom xmb icons.

kharaboudjan
April 3rd, 2007, 22:25
well if it is something good with the psx emu im upgrading :)

Justise
April 3rd, 2007, 22:27
(triple poster)

Good news.
Very good news!!!!....
Dark Alex is my god!!!
I cant wait! I hope i'll be able to play Resident Evil 2 and Soul Reaver that was buging!

burrito
April 3rd, 2007, 22:28
well if it is something good with the psx emu im upgrading :)
Why don't people type out "emulator"?. This is an emu.

http://www.webfocus.co.nz/webfocus/photos/pic-emu.jpg

[Roger]
April 3rd, 2007, 22:30
let rejoice when we have 3.30 oe-R

Yobumtin
April 3rd, 2007, 22:36
I already intends you to release a small swearword, asking you well what could delay the exit of your custom preferred firmware…

:cool: :cool: :cool:

I love translations.

But yeah I'm really excited for this.

MicroNut
April 3rd, 2007, 22:38
Well on,

3.30 OE will be released in 48-72 hours
It may not contain all of the new features in 3.30 right away...

An Exploit maybe needed to run higher functions?

Well, undoubtedly "releaser" me... cruelly...
Evolutions Exit now!

IM back!
April 3rd, 2007, 22:38
sems like its saying that there isn't enoth space in flash 0 so whe're going to have to instal parts of the fw to our memory sticks.

burrito
April 3rd, 2007, 22:46
I already intends you to release a small swearword, asking you well what could delay the exit of your custom preferred firmware…:cool: :cool: :cool:

I love translations.

But yeah I'm really excited for this.
:rofl:

DeleterX
April 3rd, 2007, 22:47
Wow, so this new FW is huge!, i wonder what new stuff is on it

Kage_Maru
April 3rd, 2007, 22:50
I dont understand. Do I need sony 3.30 firmware or to downgrade?

burrito
April 3rd, 2007, 22:58
I dont understand. Do I need sony 3.30 firmware or to downgrade?
3.30 OE will install from 1.50 or maybe older Dark ALex firmwares.

Buddy4point0
April 3rd, 2007, 22:59
i can wait!!!!!
3.30 oe a here i come!!!

ZeakStarwind
April 3rd, 2007, 22:59
sems like its saying that there isn't enoth space in flash 0 so whe're going to have to instal parts of the fw to our memory sticks.

You may have a point there. If it uses all of the flash's memory, we may have to install extra components in the memory stick as extra functionality via Recovery Mode.
But really...I think some of the functions that SONY give takes out way too much flash space. For instance, the Web Browser, RSS, MP3 player and even the function of connecting to the PS3 (whatever the thing is called...Can't tell w/o Text in my Theme).
IMHO I rather watch my movies than playing MP3s on my humble 3.03 OE-C PSP =D

hounddog
April 3rd, 2007, 23:05
yea yea i cant wait for this to come out and by the way will this also fix the problem with ratchet and clank

Emeriastone
April 3rd, 2007, 23:09
Yeah, that is a really bad translation. :(.

burrito
April 3rd, 2007, 23:13
Yeah, that is a really bad translation. :(.
I also tried babelfish. It wasn't any better.

cartmandude14
April 3rd, 2007, 23:18
Custom firmwares are one of the greatest things on the PSP but the size of the flash0 is beginning to become a problem. It probably could be run from the memory stick if needed... but i hate running anything firmware related from my memory stick. This makes me wonder how hard it would be to upgrade and flash new memory.

FireStag
April 3rd, 2007, 23:22
Wouldn't dummying the Japanese Font help with the flash space, you know that "Free up to 2.5MB in your flash" program?

burrito
April 3rd, 2007, 23:22
The Japanese font takes up a few mbs.

maxi_jac
April 3rd, 2007, 23:29
I'm bored so ...
I'll try to make a better translation ^^

Like we told you 2 days ago, Dark_Alex & Mathieulh are making a 3.30OE.
Adaption or innovation ? On this question depends the release date... Click on "Next" ...

Even if the custom firmware 3.30OE is ready in 48 or 72h like announced , the release may not occur right after.

You must wonder what could delay the release of your favourite custom firmware...In fact, Dark_Alex & Mathieulh plan to add some little bonus in this new version and it could be made only when the custom firmware is ready, meaning, like we said, in 48 or 72 hours

Now there are 2 possibilities:

*Release the OE when he is ready and release "bonus" patches after.

*Wait and release the complete OE including the "bonus".

Moreover, seeing the increasing size of the last 3.30 update , adding functionnalities will be very hard. there is less and less free space in flash0.

Of course, we will keep you informed about the news of this CF as soos as we know more about it...

It may not be complete but i think it'll be better than the google one ^^
If you don't understand some aprts i can try to translate it better...

++ B.

EDIT : to people who want DAX to remove the japanese and korean font : don't you think theere are japanese who might want to use DAX firmware ?

tophead420
April 3rd, 2007, 23:36
3 of the same post... must really want to get to your 500th post.
Maybe the bonus is custom xmb icons.
I am eager to get my 500th post but my computers acting up and posted it three times but i deleted to other 2 lol

(triple poster)

Good news.
Very good news!!!!....
Dark Alex is my god!!!
I cant wait! I hope i'll be able to play Resident Evil 2 and Soul Reaver that was buging!
no im not a triple same as above to you lol

I cant wait just to see what this is like i may upgrade to it to see what its like if i dont like it back to 3.03 OE C

burrito
April 3rd, 2007, 23:41
I changed it to my translation :)

DarthPaul
April 3rd, 2007, 23:43
YES!!! I don't care if they add more to it or no. Custom Firmwares have more than enough already. Plus the Sony adds... This will rock. Waiting for it.

tophead420
April 3rd, 2007, 23:44
I'm bored so ...
I'll try to make a better translation ^^

It may not be complete but i think it'll be better than the google one ^^
If you don't understand some aprts i can try to translate it better...

++ B.

EDIT : to people who want DAX to remove the japanese and korean font : don't you think theere are japanese who might want to use DAX firmware ?
Thanks alot man that does clear it up a little. You get a gold Star sticker :thumbup:

Zombo
April 3rd, 2007, 23:47
Hopefully the Resident Evil 2 bug is fixed :P

ZeakStarwind
April 3rd, 2007, 23:52

Same goes for The Misadventures of Tron Bonne :mad: I'm desperate in playing it often on my PSP

Kage_Maru
April 3rd, 2007, 23:54
Aww so I still have to wait for a 3.30 or 3.11 downgrader?

DarthPaul
April 3rd, 2007, 23:54

Is fixed? Omg how the hell do you know that?

maxi_jac
April 3rd, 2007, 23:56
Aww so I still have to wait for a 3.30 or 3.11 downgrader?
Lol it has nothing to do with a downgrader

++ B.

Gold Line
April 4th, 2007, 00:13
well dose anybody know if you can use custom topmenu.roc files in this new oe yet?

maxi_jac
April 4th, 2007, 00:16
No, nobody knows ( except DAX and mathieulh ^^) but Dax said he would take a look into it 1 month ago.

++ B.

Gold Line
April 4th, 2007, 00:28
ok thanks i dont see the point in a new oe if you cant use custom topmenu.roc's

DarthPaul
April 4th, 2007, 00:38
ok thanks i dont see the point in a new oe if you cant use custom topmenu.roc's

Well the point is to use the New Sony features and Homebrew at the same time...got it?

Zombo
April 4th, 2007, 00:39
Is fixed? Omg how the hell do you know that?

I said I hope it gets fixed. :p

jools
April 4th, 2007, 00:40
sounds great but the flash memory is a bit annoyin =/

psp411
April 4th, 2007, 00:52
great... i cant wait for dis...
:D :cool:

DarthPaul
April 4th, 2007, 00:54
I said I hope it gets fixed. :p

"Hopefully the Resident Evil 2 bug is fixed :P" -__- You said it's fixed. You didn't say "gets" but nevermind.

Gold Line
April 4th, 2007, 00:59
Well the point is to use the New Sony features and Homebrew at the same time...got it?

but who will update from 3.03 oe if you cant customise the xmb

maxi_jac
April 4th, 2007, 01:06
People whi don't want customized icons ? :D
I am on 3.10 OE-A' cause i don't really care about icons so i will update to 3.30 when it is released

++ B.

Gene
April 4th, 2007, 01:17

As long as it lets me play the new commertial games as well as homebrew and pops I would upgrade.

Oh and by the way, I am running 3.10oe-a' and i really could care less about topmenu, mainly because of it's instability, that caused countless bricks(semi or not).

Not that I'd mind having fly psp icons but when it comes down to it, i'd much rather be able to play Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, than look at a custom icon for 5 seconds before clicking it, and booting something more fun.

Emeriastone
April 4th, 2007, 01:18
I also tried babelfish. It wasn't any better.

Oh, it's not a big deal, I just think it's too bad the translators don't work any better. :(

Kage_Maru
April 4th, 2007, 01:25
Lol it has nothing to do with a downgrader

++ B.

ok but before someone said that you need 3.03 custom firmware or sony 1.5. So you dont need this and you can do it from 3.30?

maxi_jac
April 4th, 2007, 01:29
No ! you still need 1.5 or a cf to upgrade but it( = the 3.30 OE ) is NOT a downgrader and will not allow you to downgrade it is completely different

++ B.

Basil Zero
April 4th, 2007, 02:27
hmm....why not take out the useless flash, like i find locationfreeplayer useless, psp is a gaming machine, let it be for games.

Xiofire
April 4th, 2007, 02:50
I hope its not rushed. DA, take your time and do it right.
-Xiofire

Paiku
April 4th, 2007, 03:04
Holy! that was fast.

mavsman4457
April 4th, 2007, 03:19
We really need a customizable firmware. A .exe that will alow us to pick and choose different features of the firmware that we can add and subtract in order to best use the space in the flash for our own personal uses. That would be ideal. Then DA could just keep coming out with new features regardless of size.

SSaxdude
April 4th, 2007, 03:20
Go Dax Go Dax Go Dax
Horrah For The Homebrew Scene

penileartery
April 4th, 2007, 03:46
We really need a customizable firmware. A .exe that will alow us to pick and choose different features of the firmware that we can add and subtract in order to best use the space in the flash for our own personal uses. That would be ideal. Then DA could just keep coming out with new features regardless of size.

doood. haha i was totally thinking this when i was reading this. then i read your post and wee someone else agrees.. A program with customizable firmware would be the best thing if possible.

gr42178
April 4th, 2007, 03:59
So people who upgrade to the official sony firmware 3.30 will have to store some of it on their memory sticks?

Gene
April 4th, 2007, 04:43
So people who upgrade to the official sony firmware 3.30 will have to store some of it on their memory sticks?

No 3.30 fits on your flash but in future updates, it may have a limit to how many features your psp can have because of the space each of those features takes up on your flashh.

Chameleon
April 4th, 2007, 04:47
with johnny flash application it dummies certain useless files that frees up roughly 3 megabytes...
why cant that just be administered

BladeofTheImmortal
April 4th, 2007, 04:49
They'll probably start compressing things.

Chameleon
April 4th, 2007, 04:58
They'll probably start compressing things.

or not

bm4n
April 4th, 2007, 05:07
Am I the only one confused as to what all these firmwares are? What is the difference between 3.03 oe or 3.03C, etc. (if that's even right) Why would someone want an older firmware (3.03) instead of a newer one (3.10oe or 3.30oe). What "features" could DA add in that $ony wouldn't have? I thought the only point of custom firmware was to have a restore point and play homebrew? Please explain and forgive me for butchering the name's of all those firmwares =)

Veskgar
April 4th, 2007, 05:13
These are some very good developments. Its almost scary how much the PSP scene relies on Dark_AleX & team. His custom firmwares, especially due to the PSX emulation built in is one of the main driving forces of the homebrew scene right now.

Again, I don't see why people are so concerned with custom XMB. I use 3.10 OE-A' and prefer that over 3.03 OE.

You must also consider that a lot of changes and updates are unseen. Built into the code. Look at how many changes there are when a new version of daedalus or other emulators are released. The same goes for the POPS emu from SONY.

I am very curious as to Dark_AleX's **bonus** he has planned. Usually Dark_AleX likes to give us a little something extra. Its still unclear if the "bonus" is something on top of the regular 3.30 changes or if its some of the 3.30 changes that are not fully working yet on an OE setup.

I guess we will know more in a couple days.

Thanks for the hard work and dedication Dark_AleX!

DarthPaul
April 4th, 2007, 06:22
Not that I'd mind having fly psp icons but when it comes down to it, i'd much rather be able to play Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, than look at a custom icon for 5 seconds before clicking it, and booting something more fun.

Ratchet & Clank can be run at 3.03oe..Well at least I can.

Mr. Shizzy
April 4th, 2007, 06:56
Here's some good news:
It looks as if the top menu may indeed be customizable in 3.30 OE. :D

Here is what ZinGa BuRgA had to say about it:
(quoted from his forums)

About 3.30's RCOs

I finally managed to download the 3.30 update so I could have a little look at some RCOs...

visualizer_plugin.rco
Firstly, I say, there's nothing to be excited about this one. All the RCO contains is 14 images (I checked by searching for the signature; the header indicates that no more than 15 images are in there though). Also contains what appears to be a "blank" (unused/useless) page resource.

As for the purpose of the images, I don't know. I guess it's possible that the some of them are used in the visualizations, but making your own effects won't be possible by editing the RCO.

topmenu_plugin.rco
The 1 or 2 extra page resources present in the 3.10 topmenu (which was what caused the problems) aren't present in the 3.30 topmenu, and the 3.30 topmenu's header is only 668 bytes longer than the 3.0x one (both unpacked), so yes, 3.30 OE will almost certainly be customizable Smile
Interestingly, though, the icons in the 3.30 topmenu take up less space than the 3.0x topmenu Erf
Since topmenu's a large RCO, I'm too lazy to do any further investigation, but I can say that custom icons will most likely work on 3.30

jeffgundam
April 4th, 2007, 07:58
Great, Can't Wait.
Good Job :thumbup: (Dark Alex)

PSP History: 1.5 - 2.0 - 1.5 - (BROKEN) - 2.8 - 1.5 - 2.71SE - 3.03OE - 3.10OE - 3.10A OE - 3.10A2 OE

titch.ryan
April 4th, 2007, 08:19
amazing how fast they manage this but surely they should wait until they are able to add more functions.

there doing wonders for the scene anyway so keep up the great work.

Anti-QJ
April 4th, 2007, 08:20
I see no point in a 3.30 OE firmware.

fro
April 4th, 2007, 09:33
WipEout Pure players may want to know about this, I don't know if it's been covered already on DcEmu forums. The information comes from WipeoutZone forums:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3774

On FW 3.11 & 3.30, some tracks can't be played in multiplayer mode. People at Studio Liverpool (the guys who made the game) have been made aware of the issue, and some forumers have sent emails to Sony Helpdesk.
Atm the problem has not been solved. So for now if you want to play multiplayer Pure, avoid these FW, custom or not.

stimo
April 4th, 2007, 09:36
good job dark alex
i can't wait..

so what is the bonus functions??
any idea?

mikebeaver
April 4th, 2007, 10:08
Good work D_A and Math, keep it up :)
Mr.Shizzy, nice investigative work, hope your right on that one, only problem is the lack of space on Flash 0 will mean problems with adding customisations to the firmware :(

ish420ism
April 4th, 2007, 10:22
I went to DAX site and no news on this new CFW. hopefully this comes out sooner than we think.
Also, love my theme, so customizable topmenu for 3.30oe sounds great. Go DAX. It's your birthday. We gonna party like it's your birthday...you know the rest

ish420ism
April 4th, 2007, 10:23

I see no point in your post

Prasoc
April 4th, 2007, 10:50
woooooooooow. if it has more features that are worth upgrading to, i will!

tophead420
April 4th, 2007, 10:54
Good work D_A and Math, keep it up :)
Mr.Shizzy, nice investigative work, hope your right on that one, only problem is the lack of space on Flash 0 will mean problems with adding customisations to the firmware :(

Ahh my friend you can free up space by disabling jap fonts or the other font file the gb3s1518.bwfon. Replacing the .bwfon file wont mess up anything at all but the jpn0.pgf will make some things go missing. And not to mention other files they we dont use like the camera, gamesharing and so on. So Mike we can free up space. And Mike we need to post a Tut on freeing up space to flash0 on my forums. I seen one on QJ but I dont think it has been updated to let you know what can be deleted without hurting your psp. If 3.30 OE has custom icons then I'm so updating lol. Hopefully if I do, it wont mess up my saves like upgrading to 3.02 OE did, I'll be in a rage if my FF9 saves get f'ed up. Well cant wait now that I seen 3.30 OE has the possibility for icons I cant wait for this thing.

BloodLust8
April 4th, 2007, 11:27
I'll rather wait for the full version....mmm non sony functions allways betterrrrrr

b_simpson1999
April 4th, 2007, 12:31
I wonder if you can take all the stuff u don't need anyway, i just use game for homebrewing and the umd (umd video which I don't have any but some others might) to play my games (video) and my ps1 everything else is no point, either way i'm going to wait for the full one, as long as i get the reset thing in the ps1 lol

froggie22
April 4th, 2007, 13:31
Multiple versions should be released or something. One for english readers with the jap font deleted and a jap one with the english font deleted.

bigboss24
April 4th, 2007, 13:47
Speaking purely out of self-interest, I'd be all for a 3.30 OE released even feature-free. Why? Because I need to downgrade.

Yes, I'm another one of those dumbasses who upgraded straightaway to 3.11, thinking there was a downgrader for it already. D'oh... :(

tophead420
April 4th, 2007, 14:05
Multiple versions should be released or something. One for english readers with the jap font deleted and a jap one with the english font deleted.

I have to dissagree with you man. I think this is how it should be done

Release it all at once then:
1 Release 3.3 OE without the bonus feature(s)
2 then have the bonus content in differnt packages so people can choose what they want

I kept my jap fonts there because it annoys me when it makes stuff go missing i just took the bwfon file ( the 1mb file in font folder) and dummied it thats the best way to do it so nothing is missing. Plus after you install the firmware you can remove what you dont want its not that hard to do.:thumbup:

StealthCP
April 4th, 2007, 15:59
Good for you. Frankly, I don't see how anyone gives a shit what you think. If you had read up the previous posts you would realize why there is a point, but ignorance is bliss, and therefore you did well by ignoring the entire post count.

I too was thinking along the same lines. I believe the best method is a core unit with is basically the kernel and key components vital to running the PSP. Everything else is modular and can be selected, deselected based on a package system, similar to the ones used in Linux distributions. By this you can have dependencies, for example, adding the visualizer module would automatically add the MP3 player module, etc. Selection here can take place of official modules (Video playback, LocationFree, for example) or DAX custom modules (ISOFS, FTPD or stuff). A flash usage bar at the top would tell you when you have run out of available space for modules, and ask you to revise your choices. Then it'll generate the firmware package for you :)

It's good to see I'm not the only person with the idea :) and therefore maybe Dark_aleX and various teams that may help have this floating around somewhere on paper :D Though, for me, I'm not seeing much improvement on features in the PSP Homebrew scene right now, we're hitting one of those areas of little activity again :p

Shrygue
April 4th, 2007, 17:55
So...3.30 OE will be up for grabs in 2-3 days, huh? I'll be waiting to get this great update when Dark_Alex releases it!

CaptainMorgan4
April 4th, 2007, 19:18
I'm confused could it be TODAY or TOMORROW we see 3.30 OE-A, the time difference messes me up with the 48-72 hour thing. I live on the east coast of the US so I'm in EST, jsut wanted to know when this latest CF is comming out but I don't know what time zone the original poster is in.

factor remix
April 4th, 2007, 21:12
I think the bonus is a n64 full speed emulator... yay! (this is only a dream and I will feel bad about StrmnNrmn)...

goaliedude
April 4th, 2007, 21:27
if only it weren't a dream...

ish420ism
April 4th, 2007, 21:30
Still waiting. Oh wait. April fools gone wrong. Suckas!!!

ish420ism
April 4th, 2007, 21:37
Good for you. Frankly, I don't see how anyone gives a shit what you think. If you had read up the previous posts you would realize why there is a point, but ignorance is bliss, and therefore you did well by ignoring the entire post count.

I too was thinking along the same lines. I believe the best method is a core unit with is basically the kernel and key components vital to running the PSP. Everything else is modular and can be selected, deselected based on a package system, similar to the ones used in Linux distributions. By this you can have dependencies, for example, adding the visualizer module would automatically add the MP3 player module, etc. Selection here can take place of official modules (Video playback, LocationFree, for example) or DAX custom modules (ISOFS, FTPD or stuff). A flash usage bar at the top would tell you when you have run out of available space for modules, and ask you to revise your choices. Then it'll generate the firmware package for you :)

It's good to see I'm not the only person with the idea :) and therefore maybe Dark_aleX and various teams that may help have this floating around somewhere on paper :D Though, for me, I'm not seeing much improvement on features in the PSP Homebrew scene right now, we're hitting one of those areas of little activity again :p

You hit the nail right on the cabesa :thumbup:

Off topic, No more noob, Now rookie YAY, What's next??

factor remix
April 4th, 2007, 21:47
You hit the nail Off topic, No more noob, Now rookie YAY, What's next??

regular... only because I had forget my other password account...

xg917
April 4th, 2007, 22:14
im pro niggaz. lol. nd so called "rookie" u double posted noob. haha. y ahora q cabron, jaja.

so the next version of OE is supposed to be comming out by maybe 2morrow?

factor remix
April 4th, 2007, 22:19
y ahora q cabron, jaja.
so the next version of OE is supposed to be comming out by maybe 2morrow?

con el o con quien...? Quidado q te violan... como a un amigo mio:thumbup:

I think this OE version will be released 2day or 2morrow...

bm4n
April 5th, 2007, 02:08
Am I the only one confused as to what all these firmwares are? What is the difference between 3.03 oe or 3.03C, etc. (if that's even right) Why would someone want an older firmware (3.03) instead of a newer one (3.10oe or 3.30oe). What "features" could DA add in that $ony wouldn't have? I thought the only point of custom firmware was to have a restore point and play homebrew? Please explain and forgive me for butchering the name's of all those firmwares (Also for posting this twice...I'm just really confused!) =)

factor remix
April 5th, 2007, 02:25
1.Am I the only one confused as to what all these firmwares are?

2.What is the difference between 3.03 oe or 3.03C, etc.

3.Why would someone want an older firmware (3.03) instead of a newer one (3.10oe or 3.30oe).

4.What "features" could DA add in that $ony wouldn't have?

5.I thought the only point of custom firmware was to have a restore point and play homebrew?

6.Please explain and forgive me for butchering the name's of all those firmwares (Also for posting this twice...I'm just really confused!) =)

1. No

2. 3.30 OE means 3.30 Open Edition, its a firmware made by Dark_Alex and team. It have 1.50 Kernal (to play hombrews, application and emulator that use 1.50 firmware) and with 3.30 additions (like web browser, location media free player, rss channels, change themes, free wifi using t-mobile, and some other things that 1.50 dont have)

PS: You will need 1.50 frimware or other Custom Firmware made by Dark_Ales and team.

3.Non1 here want to update to 3.03, they would update to 3.03 OE (Open Edition) to run the fuctions of 3.03 frimware + 1.50 hombrews.

4.Dark_Alex will let us add some things to the custom firmware like:

-custome the xmb (psp menu)
-add our plugins
-a ps1 full speed emulator (dont need a ps3)
...and other things.

5. Thats 1 point, but there are more reason to upgrade to a custome firmware

6. I had expalined it... see step 1-5 for more help... lol:D

gunntims0103
April 5th, 2007, 02:30
The "play any ps1 game full speed without a ps3" was definitly the most groundbreaking ability the OE firmwares have. One of the best exploits in homebrew history.

bm4n
April 5th, 2007, 04:53
Thanks so much for explaining all that, factor! I thought that the PSX emulator was included by $ony and then just cracked for the OE firmwares, I did not realize it was something that was added in! Thanks DA!

DarthPaul
April 5th, 2007, 14:45
Thanks so much for explaining all that, factor! I thought that the PSX emulator was included by $ony and then just cracked for the OE firmwares, I did not realize it was something that was added in! Thanks DA!

Sony added the PS1 emulator on PSP. But it has limited games compatibility with Sony's firmwares,also you have to buy the games from the PlayStation store which have a limited titles and it's accessible through the PS3 only. But now DA came and cracked it. With this crack you can play any[almost] game. You can make your own roms and play them,no need for PS3,waste of money,or PlayStation store.

BladeofTheImmortal
April 5th, 2007, 20:38
3.30OE still isn't here I am guessing.

xg917
April 5th, 2007, 20:53
maybe 2nite?..

Sonicboy 101
April 5th, 2007, 20:57
maybe 2nite?..

Or maybe tomorrow?

xg917
April 5th, 2007, 21:05
iono. someday.. lol

burrito
April 5th, 2007, 21:15
PspGen says sometime today or tomorrow.

Camelot
April 5th, 2007, 22:31
Or maybe tomorrow?

Hopefully tonight....

DarthPaul
April 5th, 2007, 22:34
Yeah please come tonight!!

jurkevicz
April 6th, 2007, 02:05
I can't wait!

xg917
April 6th, 2007, 02:09
lol, did DAX say himself that this is going to come out within 3 days?

mike-piercey
April 6th, 2007, 02:36
is it supposed to b out tonight? cuz i was waiting 4 a long time. and wen will i no if it came out yet?
it will probly say on http://pspfanboy.com thats a good website and so is http://pimpyourpsp.net.tc that one got alot of full games :)

xg917
April 6th, 2007, 03:27
remove 2nd link.....

mike-piercey
April 6th, 2007, 03:37
y?

carlitx
April 6th, 2007, 04:11
man its been over a month since my psp broke and every day the scene seems to be getting better and better and now a new OE :( i want a new psp....

mike-piercey
April 6th, 2007, 04:42
y do i need to take off my second link tell. me y then ill delete it :)

psp_sfdm
April 6th, 2007, 04:51
y do i need to take off my second link tell. me y then ill delete it :)

If the website offers full version of PSP games, like you said, then that's piracy and you could be banned from this site as you're not allowed to talk about it.

CaptainMorgan4
April 6th, 2007, 06:32
Word looks like it's comming out tomorrow (techniqually today but it's late so), I'm a little drunk right now so this is what's up. But I gotta go, off to smoke a nice big bowl filled with alot of kief!

Kramer
April 6th, 2007, 07:02
Word looks like it's comming out tomorrow (techniqually today but it's late so), I'm a little drunk right now so this is what's up. But I gotta go, off to smoke a nice big bowl filled with alot of kief!

lol kief:rofl:

CaptainMorgan4
April 6th, 2007, 07:13
You know what that is?

Kramer
April 6th, 2007, 07:25
You know what that is?

Yeah the fine dusty shit at the bottom of your stash.

CaptainMorgan4
April 6th, 2007, 08:21
Yeah but for me it's the crystals off all my high quality out my grinder.

I hope we see the 3.30 OE-A custom firmware today!

gunntims0103
April 6th, 2007, 16:40
still not here, no worries, i can wait. :)

cashboxz02
April 6th, 2007, 17:02
no offence, but it's been 68 hours

Tricky0
April 6th, 2007, 17:25
no offence, but it's been 68 hours

no offense but custom firmware isnt a thing made overnight. he probably is deciding wat time to release it. im in no hurry as all new firmwares have some bugs and customization is limited for a lil while.
BUT DA...i appreciate the work and am paitently waiting for the release:thumbup:

pspfreefiles
April 6th, 2007, 17:31
I need to downgrade someones psp has anyone got any news he is on firmware 3.11

bigboss24
April 6th, 2007, 17:40
I need to downgrade someones psp has anyone got any news he is on firmware 3.11

Nope, no news as of yet. I'm crossing my fingers that 3.30 OE will have an accompanying downgrader for the firmwares above 3.03, but I won't hold my breath.

Still... it'd be nice. :thumbup: But DAX has a lot on his plate; he's busy being awesome.

BurningRage
April 6th, 2007, 17:44
he's busy being awesome.

lol kinda liked that one =)
but the times running short for dark alex if he wants to fulfill that promise... i hope the ps1-compability will be improved, as some of my fav games still aren't working :(

bigboss24
April 6th, 2007, 18:08
lol kinda liked that one =)
but the times running short for dark alex if he wants to fulfill that promise... i hope the ps1-compability will be improved, as some of my fav games still aren't working :(

Well, they did say he's still trying to decide whether to put it out immediately or wait till it's more feature-complete. Obviously I'd like to see it sooner and have features added later, but there seems to be support no matter which way he decides to do it.

You could always do what I'm doing: I'm so bored, I'm teaching myself to write PSP homebrew in Lua. (While at work!)

BurningRage
April 6th, 2007, 18:23
Well, they did say he's still trying to decide whether to put it out immediately or wait till it's more feature-complete. Obviously I'd like to see it sooner and have features added later, but there seems to be support no matter which way he decides to do it.

You could always do what I'm doing: I'm so bored, I'm teaching myself to write PSP homebrew in Lua. (While at work!)

any hint where i can learn that? and do i need any knowledge to learn it? if so, which?

bigboss24
April 6th, 2007, 18:40
any hint where i can learn that? and do i need any knowledge to learn it? if so, which?

I've been using this tutorial series: http://www.evilmana.com/tutorials/

It's pretty good even if you're not a programmer, but very basic.

Buddy4point0
April 6th, 2007, 21:49

thats where i learned. there very noob friendly

Sonicboy 101
April 6th, 2007, 23:19
I currently learning from there now.
As bigboss24 said, it is very basic, but you learn easily. :)

burrito
April 6th, 2007, 23:29
Where is a good tutorial for learning to code psp eboots in C?

CaptainMorgan4
April 6th, 2007, 23:30
I hope this CF comes out sometime tonight, either way though I'm patient and will wait.

Cloudhunter
April 6th, 2007, 23:56
Nope, no news as of yet. I'm crossing my fingers that 3.30 OE will have an accompanying downgrader for the firmwares above 3.03, but I won't hold my breath.

Still... it'd be nice. :thumbup: But DAX has a lot on his plate; he's busy being awesome.

No, as you need an exploit for a downgrader. Coding a downgrader isn't as simple as just writing some C code and it magically works unsigned on the PSP.

Cloudy

ORGAN
April 7th, 2007, 00:48
Where is a good tutorial for learning to code psp eboots in C?

C++ is what you nead to know. then you nead a good hex program then you nead a pbp maker. and a good eboot dumper. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

DarthPaul
April 7th, 2007, 00:52
It's been like 71 hours by now. Where is it? :(

burrito
April 7th, 2007, 00:57
Yeah, I'm getting mad.
I think that Matheuieluh lied about Dark_AleX releasing it in 2-3 days.

weirdelf
April 7th, 2007, 01:02
Damn, in the PSP News Forum it said the newest post was in a thread called ' PSP firmware 3.30 OE Release...' I assumed the rest was just 'd' :(

burrito
April 7th, 2007, 01:05
Damn, in the PSP News Forum it said the newest post was in a thread called ' PSP firmware 3.30 OE Release...' I assumed the rest was just 'd' :(
:mad:
The lan.sh irc (where Matheuiluh is usually on) changed the topic to "Don't ask about 3.30 OE". :mad:

DarthPaul
April 7th, 2007, 01:13
:mad:
The lan.sh irc (where Matheuiluh is usually on) changed the topic to "Don't ask about 3.30 OE". :mad:

What the hell!!!? Omg so it was a "April Fool's" joke...

Cloudhunter
April 7th, 2007, 01:30
What the hell!!!? Omg so it was a "April Fool's" joke...

No it wasn't... They changed the topic because they were fed up of people asking about it... Wouldn't you be?

Besides, that article when translated by google doesn't speak the truth. This is a better translation on www.psp-hacks.com:

If custom firmware 3.30 OE happens to be done within the next 48 to 72 hours, the release will not necessarily be made available to the masses.

I can already hear you swearing, asking me what could possibly be delaying the release of your favorite custom firmware… In fact, Dark_Alex and Mathieulh plan on implementing little bonuses in this new version and that can only take place after finishing the standard version, which, like we said, will take place in the next 48-72 hours.

At this moment, there’s two possibilities:

- Either release 3.30 OE standard and propose a later patch to add these bonus functions

- Or wait, and release a more complete version

So there you have it... The REAL news.

Cloudy

DarthPaul
April 7th, 2007, 01:36
Dang..thanks Cloudy. But it's like a little late to know about "the real news". I was so anxious...I dreamed about it last night...Lol.[I'm serious about this.]

factor remix
April 7th, 2007, 02:29
omg... he is died... :(

Now he have to become a zombi, like StrmnNrmn...

...I have 3.30 update, 1.50 update (recovery), does filer will let me move and rename the files? To update to 3.30 oe-a?

ORGAN
April 7th, 2007, 02:50
OKay its gone happy

dartdude6
April 7th, 2007, 03:35
Will you still be able to play PS1 games from POPstation with 3.30 OE?

CaptainMorgan4
April 7th, 2007, 03:40
Yes except on 3.30 the compatability for PSX games will be better, all new firmwares will be able to paly PSX games, unless Sony jsut goes crazy somewhere.

cashboxz02
April 7th, 2007, 03:48
hehe... i got the leaked version of 330 oe. u can get it too. the website is ****.

CaptainMorgan4
April 7th, 2007, 04:08
Yeah your a cornball.

DarthPaul
April 7th, 2007, 04:50
hehe... i got the leaked version of 330 oe. u can get it too. the website is ****.

lmao!

thesandman
April 7th, 2007, 05:19
waaaahhhh i want it nowwww

tophead420
April 7th, 2007, 05:42

Your full of shit to. And if you do have it i hope your psp bricks lmao jk but you are lying .

factor remix
April 7th, 2007, 05:52
maybe here is the 3.30oe, just click here (http://www.google.com)

DarthPaul
April 7th, 2007, 06:55
maybe here is the 3.30oe, just click here (http://www.google.com)

Hahahaha you don't have to enter to know what site that links leads to. Just point your mouse to the link and it will show the destination on the lower left side of the browser. And that's google. Lol funny.

pibs
April 7th, 2007, 07:08
so has it came out yet or wut?

DarthPaul
April 7th, 2007, 09:53
so has it came out yet or wut?

Ugh..not yet. It's just that we were expecting for it to come yesterday =/

BurningRage
April 7th, 2007, 11:08

thanks, i'll try it out later today.i've got plenty of time anyways as we have easter vacations at the moment. so, thanks again, looks easy for noobs, so i shouldn't have to many problems as i already worked with delphi. so i know a little bit of programming already =)

haaroon
April 7th, 2007, 12:31
ahh man i keep checking evryday 2 times a day and it still ain't out ahhhhhhhhh

-Xandu-
April 7th, 2007, 15:19
I hope all this waiting is for a good, new feature.

ORGAN
April 7th, 2007, 16:02
LOL it wos just a mex april fools joke youe source wos from a mex websight and thay were messing with eachouther.. and you ran with it lol you fools lol hahahahahaha

factor remix
April 7th, 2007, 16:11
LOL it wos just a mex april fools joke youe source wos from a mex websight and thay were messing with eachouther.. and you ran with it lol you fools lol hahahahahaha

Mexican?! That's not even ESPAŃOL, I think its portuguese or something... its from brasil or from portugal or from a country that speak portuguese....

BTW I am beliving that this is a fool joke... maybe this is a mexican website that is in portuguese?

:confused: :confused: :confused: I am confused:confused: :confused: :confused:

burrito
April 7th, 2007, 16:14
it's french LOL
and was posted on April 3rd.

factor remix
April 7th, 2007, 16:17
it's french LOL

Lol... Im stupid

anyways... is this is a mexican website that is writed in french???

burrito
April 7th, 2007, 16:19
lol why do you think its mexican?

gunntims0103
April 7th, 2007, 16:19
I thought dark_alex said after he released that UP modchip OE plugin, that he was going on vacation and won't be dev'ing for at least a month. I could be wrong though. <_<

ORGAN
April 7th, 2007, 16:20
no no the orginal source wos a joke and we all wonted it to be true. but its not run the post though a online translater all of the posts you will see

factor remix
April 7th, 2007, 16:21
lol why do you think its mexican?

because ORGAN said that it was mex... I am really consufed:confused: :confused:

burrito
April 7th, 2007, 16:23
On Maxconsole, besides a post about PS3 that he posted a week or 2 ago, he hasn't posted anything about psp.

It was Mathueiuiulh that said he might release 3.30 OE soon.

burrito
April 7th, 2007, 16:24
factor remix: ORGAN is a noob.

ORGAN
April 7th, 2007, 16:26
just new to dcmu but not to the psp or http://lan.sh/

DarthPaul
April 7th, 2007, 16:32
I thought dark_alex said after he released that UP modchip OE plugin, that he was going on vacation and won't be dev'ing for at least a month. I could be wrong though. <_<

Um..yeah,but he said that more than a month ago. So he's probably back.

burrito
April 7th, 2007, 16:35
Um..yeah,but he said that more than a month ago. So he's probably back.

yeah he was gone for a month. since he got back, all he's posted is something about ps3

DarthPaul
April 7th, 2007, 16:39
yeah he was gone for a month. since he got back, all he's posted is something about ps3

Well all I know is that if this was an April's Fool joke it was well made and very bad to say. I was[am] so excited about this..I just keep this site open and keep reloading and reloading to see if it's out ...

factor remix
April 7th, 2007, 16:40
So Mathueiuiulh posted that 3.30 OE will be release in 2-3 days?

So... Dark_Alex actually is in vacation or he is working with Mathueiuiulh...

burrito
April 7th, 2007, 16:45
Dark Alex got back a few weeks ago.
maybe ORGAN was saying dark alex went to mexico

DarthPaul
April 7th, 2007, 16:47
So Mathueiuiulh posted that 3.30 OE will be release in 2-3 days?

So... Dark_Alex actually is in vacation or he is working with Mathueiuiulh...

He has always being working with "Mathueiuiulh",and it seems like he's back from vacations.

ORGAN
April 7th, 2007, 16:50
LOL i never sed he went to mexico i dont even know him. i just sed that it wos a joke..

burrito
April 7th, 2007, 16:50
lol pspgen supposedly got their info from matheieieeeiuluhuh. dark alex hasnt said anything about 3.30, even though i thought only dax makes custom firmware and mathueieieieluh doesnt.

factor remix
April 7th, 2007, 16:51
Yes I know he has been working with him....

EDIT: So this is an April Fool Joke???

burrito
April 7th, 2007, 16:55
LOL I searched for Dax on Google images and found his picture! :eek:
http://www.daxpierson.com/dax2eo.jpg
And this is his site: http://www.daxpierson.com/

burrito
April 7th, 2007, 16:56
he has to release 3.3 oe sometime though

DarthPaul
April 7th, 2007, 16:56
Let's just hope it gets release today,and if it doesn't...WE'LL MAKE A RIOT! Who's with me!? Lol

burrito
April 7th, 2007, 16:58
LOL I found Mathieulh
http://blip.tv/uploadedFiles/Digitalpunch-DigitalPunchVLogEpisode07823.jpg

It was on the 5th page of google images for "Mathieulh"

ORGAN
nice pic he looks cool

DarthPaul
LOL I searched for Dax on Google images and found his picture! :eek:
http://www.daxpierson.com/dax2eo.jpg
And this is his site: http://www.daxpierson.com/

Haaahahahaha!! Rofl! This can't be him. He's hispanic.

burrito
April 7th, 2007, 16:59
im not sure if those 2 pics are really them LOL

ORGAN
April 7th, 2007, 17:00
Let's just hope it gets release today,and if it doesn't...WE'LL MAKE A RIOT! Who's with me!? Lol

lol OKay ???

factor remix
April 7th, 2007, 17:02
lol... I doubt that guy is dark alex...

burrito
April 7th, 2007, 17:02
I FOUND DAX:
http://alansnel.com/blog/uploaded_images/P1010912-722418.jpg

DarthPaul
April 7th, 2007, 17:03
I FOUND DAX:
http://alansnel.com/blog/uploaded_images/P1010912-722418.jpg

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORGAN
April 7th, 2007, 17:03
Yo coco dejeo taco "Y" dont you ancer your LAN.sh mail???

burrito
April 7th, 2007, 17:04
ok I replied organ.

factor remix
April 7th, 2007, 17:06
http://www.psp-arena.de/wbb2/images/avatars/avatar-969.jpg

this is dark_alex

ORGAN
April 7th, 2007, 17:06
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL the hat is cool i'd wear it

ORGAN
April 7th, 2007, 17:07
LOL that wos funny LOL OMFG

DarthPaul
April 7th, 2007, 17:10
Uhghh. Dax and Math could be resting and doing nothing while we're here waiting for something that probably isn't even real.

burrito
April 7th, 2007, 17:11
Or maybe this is him LOL I'm not sure
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/skiteam/pictures/albums/1999/kirkwood/dobkin-sombrero.sized.jpg

I want him to release 3.30 OE!!

factor remix
April 7th, 2007, 17:15
Or maybe this is him LOL I'm not sure
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/skiteam/pictures/albums/1999/kirkwood/dobkin-sombrero.sized.jpg

I want him to release 3.30 OE!!
HEY!!! THATS ME!!!! (JK)

anyways, we are waiting for something that is not real?

burrito
April 7th, 2007, 17:16
I think it is gonna be released but just in about a week :(

ORGAN
April 7th, 2007, 17:16
you konw if you relly wont 3.30 OE you coud try to make your self lol

burrito
April 7th, 2007, 17:18
LOL I added his picture on lan.sh
http://lan.sh/showthread.php?t=958

ORGAN
April 7th, 2007, 17:18
cool

Gold Line
April 7th, 2007, 17:19
this thread was just a big lie dark alex will prob make the new oe next week or sometime sooner

DarthPaul
April 7th, 2007, 17:20

Hahahaha good one.

burrito
April 7th, 2007, 17:22
If I would do that I would get banned because it would break your psp
:) :( :confused: :mad: :p ;) :D :o :rolleyes: :cool: :eek: :rofl: :thumbup:
organ look at the pm on lansh

ORGAN
April 7th, 2007, 17:24
LOL OKay cool

DarthPaul
April 7th, 2007, 17:28
Well..like I see it won't come out today so I'm going to rest a bit. I hope that it's out when I wake up. :rolleyes:

archangel1024
April 7th, 2007, 17:43
Well, D_A has yet to dissapoint, so I'm looking forward to it, I'll guess the bonus is.... Viewable .gifs in the image viewer. Or more easily customizable XMB. Just guesses.

factor remix
April 7th, 2007, 17:47
I'll guess the bonus is.... Viewable .gifs in the image viewer. Or more easily customizable XMB. Just guesses.

you think in little... I keep thining the bonus is a n64 full speed emulator with sound that can run Zelda Ocarina of Time at full speed + sound with zero bugs

Triggerman
April 7th, 2007, 18:58
you think in little... I keep thining the bonus is a n64 full speed emulator with sound that can run Zelda Ocarina of Time at full speed + sound with zero bugs

O RLY ???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

flaming_disgaea
April 7th, 2007, 19:00
resident evil and final fantasy best game series ever created

BurningRage
April 7th, 2007, 19:43
resident evil and final fantasy best game series ever created

what does that have to do with the topic?

and why should DAX create a new n64 emu? the ps1-emu was just a modified version of the sony one if i'm not mistaken that just adds more compability and negates the need to buy the games from sony again.

Triggerman
April 7th, 2007, 21:03
Maybe Sony will add an N64 emulator then !? :eek: :eek: :eek:

catfish24
April 7th, 2007, 21:14
D_A said no new features besides 3.30 kernel. He said it's going to take a while because some hardware problems he's running into. He's rebuilding the OE Core to free up RAM and make OE more stable.

http://www.elotrolado.net/showthread...post1707382571

cashboxz02
April 7th, 2007, 21:16
maybe erryone on dis forum is a dork.
yall dont hav a life, n all u guyz do is sit at da computer all day, do calculus for fun, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkKuZk1f1ZI

ORGAN
April 7th, 2007, 21:19
D_A said no new features besides 3.30 kernel. He said it's going to take a while because some hardware problems he's running into. He's rebuilding the OE Core to free up RAM and make OE more stable.

http://www.elotrolado.net/showthread...post1707382571

"OOOO" rely and where did you read that

cashboxz02
April 7th, 2007, 22:28
whatthehell ru smokin

BelmontSlayer
April 7th, 2007, 22:42

I just posted it to the submit news section. DaX said it himself here (http://www.elotrolado.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=1707382571#post1707382571).

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58974

Triggerman
April 7th, 2007, 22:46
Well I thought again about the N64 emulator. And i've come to teh conclusion that Sony might never add an N64 emulator :( since the N64 is made by Nintendo. You know?

But perhaps they will add a PlayStation 2 emulator then !? :eek: :eek: :eek:

gamerfreakazoid
April 8th, 2007, 04:47
hopefully it will be realeased on SUNDAY!

catfish24
April 8th, 2007, 06:14

I posted the link didn't I?

haaroon
April 8th, 2007, 13:10
ah man its been 7 days ahhhhh

burrito
April 8th, 2007, 14:54
Now we know why there is a delay.
Dark_AleX bricked his psp:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59020

cashboxz02
April 9th, 2007, 03:08
like i said, erryone on dis forum is a dork.
=|

Triggerman
April 9th, 2007, 14:02
some ppl are saying he only had 1...is this true?
can you develop 13 custom firmware (all write to flash) on asingle psp.
he must be a god lol

When will you Noobs get it already !???
Damn it!

Dark_AleX had a PSP with a Modchip (UP)!!! UP modded PSP's are basically unbrickable!
But now it seems that this Modchip or other hardware parts of his PSP have a malfunction. He needs such a modded PSP because the chance of bricking while messing around with the bootstrap and testings is VERY HIGH.
So just wait for him to receive his new PSP which is said to be on its way already...

julian2890
April 9th, 2007, 14:35
why are u guys all freaking out for this FW..It will have nothing big..

O-bake
April 10th, 2007, 17:27
why are u guys all freaking out for this FW..It will have nothing big..
over 2 month time for Sony to improve the PS1-Emulation. That ist more than a reason to be keen on that FW. PS1 emulation is my main reason to use my PSP :)

Noobtaculus
April 10th, 2007, 20:00
but sony's ps1 emulation is only if uv got a ps3. thats where homebrew comes in.

daryllducky
April 12th, 2007, 00:42
does anyone know if it is possible to get from a 3.30 FW to a homebrew enabled Custom firm ware?

steve520
April 12th, 2007, 01:04
This firmware will be awesome once dax releases all the good stuff that comes with is custom firmwares

xsputnikx
April 13th, 2007, 06:30
Hey guys, im a newbie.. just got a psp, like a noob upgraded to 3.30, so im waiting paitently for the release.... so let me ask what do I not do while playing around with the firmware so as I dont end up with a bricked psp

SnesR0X
April 13th, 2007, 07:57
return the one you have and get another

xsputnikx
April 13th, 2007, 08:44
I can't take it back can I?... I bought it from a game shop, and usually unless something is wrong with it they wont take it back.. should I brick it... lol

BloodLust8
April 13th, 2007, 11:22
DOn't brick it man ;) Thats a very very naughty thing todo.

You gonna have to wait till a downgrader comes out for V3.3.

partyhard
April 13th, 2007, 16:40
Take it back the game shop you bought it from and tell them it isn't what you thought it would be. Get your money back and go fish for one at another store LOL.

blank display
April 14th, 2007, 03:31
dude if you take it back to walmart be careful.. i bricked my old psp and bought a new one at walmart .. then i thought hey ill try the walmart trick ... pff make sure you change the serial number sticker on the bottom of the psp .. because they DO CHECK and they DO turn it on ... they drilled me about what was wrong with it for about 45 minutes calling managers and what not .. but in the end i ended up with a brandnew psp and $215 dollars back in my pocket ... go me walmart blows

xsputnikx
April 14th, 2007, 06:31
well... I think I may be getting my hands on another one for 50 bucks from my dad, he works at a rent to own place, and basically there is one that is coming back from being repaired, bascally once the psp has been in store inventory for a x amount of months and x amount of dollars has been made on it the store cuts its losses and sells it out to the employees if intrested for low price...

so I may get that one and hope like heck it is at 2.71 or lower.... If not I will probably do the wal mart deal....

I like the game shop I go to so im not going to give them a hard time... I hate wal mart...

Sam Wall is probably rolling over in his grave to what they have done to that place